These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2018, 07:11 AM   #1061
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I posted the below a few months ago, and now I'm aware of several kids who have successfully done this.
We had talked about this a year or so ago. At that time the Dr. explained that she’d have to continue it basically forever, and if she didn’t eat peanuts for a day, they could have a reaction again. But I will definitely look into it again. It seemed like a lot of interesting things were coming along. Once my daughter hit 8, there is <1% chance she’ll naturally grow out of it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
The food allergies are caused by vaccines, imo. All my future kidos will be unvaccinated
You are a very dangerous person.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #1062
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
I so emphathize with you. My Mother and grandpa do not think my sons allergies are real and that he is fine. We had to cut off all contact for other reasons, but im convinced she endangered him due to her ignorance. At age 6 months Our son was diagnosed with peanut, tree nuts, dairy and egg allergies. I was sitting eating shelled peanuts and had him in my lap which almost killed him. We went to an allergist that week and got the bad news. Its so scary to think a tiny dose of any of those could kill him and i would not wish that on anyone. He cant eat most foods while his sisters can eat everything. Hope he grows out of something, but it really has made my wife and i hypersensitive to lables and cross contamination.
That is a lot to be allergic to, I feel for you. How old is your son now? Does he get upset at all when others around him can eat stuff he can't? My youngest so far has not displayed jealousy or anything like that, which I am grateful for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I read this earlier this week and thought of you guys with kids with peanut allergies. This girl was 15. Stay vigilant!

[Only registered users can see links.]
Thank you for posting this. This is extremely sad but I will share it as a reminder with my family.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #1063
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
We had talked about this a year or so ago. At that time the Dr. explained that she’d have to continue it basically forever, and if she didn’t eat peanuts for a day, they could have a reaction again. But I will definitely look into it again. It seemed like a lot of interesting things were coming along. Once my daughter hit 8, there is <1% chance she’ll naturally grow out of it now.
I've got absolutely no idea how it works 'cause I haven't done a lick of research, but couldn't she treat it like a morning or evening pill? Two or three peanuts before bed?
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #1064
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
So I found out this morning I was hired as the 8th grade Physical Science teacher! Don’t know what happened to the other guy and don’t care! school starts for me on August 6th...
We took care of that. Let's not speak of him again. TDC looks out for one another.

Quote:
I think it's definitely worth at least looking into again. Like you said, it seems like different approaches have emerged. One of my girls is at sleepaway camp, and on visiting day, one of the dads whose daughter is doing that for nut allergies mentioned to me that the camp has 7 or 8 kids doing it and they're all doing a different type of approach (some with a liquid maybe?) that the camp has to oversee. Again, I don't have any personal experience with it and not sure about how long it has to continue for, etc, but it seems to have brought my brother-in-law and sister-in-law peace of mind with my nephew.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #1065
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

[quote=blumathu;7185250]That is a lot to be allergic to, I feel for you. How old is your son now? Does he get upset at all when others around him can eat stuff he can't? My youngest so far has not displayed jealousy or anything like that, which I am grateful for.

He is 2 now, will be 3 in January. He does get upset sometimes but he is ised to be told he cant have something due to his allergens which sucks. We try and find him alternatives for things his sisters like but its not the same. Its so costly but we have found disney world to be the safest place for him as they literally send a chef out to us for every meal to make him a safe meal that he can eat. We are scared though now because he is going to be going to preschool and we cant be there to be so protective over what he eats or is around.
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #1066
deedisdone81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
The food allergies are caused by vaccines, imo. All my future kidos will be unvaccinated and uncircumcised!
Dont be an anti vaccine person as this puts everyone else at risk. I respect your opinion, but i think it could have to do with all the genetically modified foods being unchecked for the last 30-40 years. Then again there is no rhyme or reason because our daughters have no allergies. The allergest basically told us its a random thing and my wife ate the same things during all 3 pregnancies. We both have asthma and i have excema which put thr kids at an increased risk. Our son just was the unlucky one that got excema, food allergies, and an ulcer before he was 18 months. He is a pretty happy kid though which is great, and there are lots of more people out there dealing with even more serious things that i cant even imagine how to cope with.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #1067
deedisdone81

Quote:
This stuff scares me so much. My oldest has severe peanut and shell fish allergies. The thought of how easily these things can happen... Even after living with it for so many years, I still forget sometimes to bring her epi pen. I’m a grown ass man, to expect an 8 year old to always be on her game is impossible. And grandparents and friend’s parents who know the deal, will still regularly offer her things with peanuts in them.
This is also me too, like i cant believe i forget his epi pen as often as i do. And i still dont understand how no matter how many times weve told the grandparents they still dont vigilently read lables
Old 08-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #1068
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
Dont be an anti vaccine person as this puts everyone else at risk. I respect your opinion, but I think it could have to do with all the genetically modified foods being unchecked for the last 30-40 years. Then again there is no rhyme or reason because our daughters have no allergies. The allergest basically told us its a random thing and my wife ate the same things during all 3 pregnancies. We both have asthma and i have excema which put thr kids at an increased risk. Our son just was the unlucky one that got excema, food allergies, and an ulcer before he was 18 months. He is a pretty happy kid though which is great, and there are lots of more people out there dealing with even more serious things that i cant even imagine how to cope with.
Yup. They are also starting to think another factor may be our recent obsession with being so germ free. Using ‘anti-bacterial’ soaps/lotions etc. but, it does come down to luck (and not fucking vaccines). Our other daighter can eat peanuts and has no (known) allergies.

My oldest had really bad excema as a baby, which led us to the allergist in the first place. She also has asthma, as those 3 normally go together. She is insanely athletic and competitive, so the astma makes me nervous, as she will run through a wall before admiting she is having trouble breathing. but luckily her astma seems to be mostly seasonal and can be tempered with two puffs of her inhaler every morning.

Not sure how old your son is, but fwiw, my daughter did grow out of her tree nut, egg and dairy allergies. Just not peanuts and shell fish.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #1069
deedisdone81

Quote:
Yup. They are also starting to think another factor may be our recent obsession with being so germ free. Using ‘anti-bacterial’ soaps/lotions etc. but, it does come down to luck (and not fucking vaccines). Our other daighter can eat peanuts and has no (known) allergies.

My oldest had really bad excema as a baby, which led us to the allergist in the first place. She also has asthma, as those 3 normally go together. She is insanely athletic and competitive, so the astma makes me nervous, as she will run through a wall before admiting she is having trouble breathing. but luckily her astma seems to be mostly seasonal and can be tempered with two puffs of her inhaler every morning.

Not sure how old your son is, but fwiw, my daughter did grow out of her tree nut, egg and dairy allergies. Just not peanuts and shell fish.
I will be happy if he grows out of dairy or eggs just oneof those would open more food options. Ive also heard the germ theory as well and can see that point. Ive also read that not using a pacifier from birth has led to less germs entering the body and thus causing the body to find things to attack leafing to increased allergies. My son never took a pascifier but my girls did, and although i thibk its possibly linked, i chaulk it up to randomness.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:42 AM   #1070
gweeps

Wow.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #1071
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #1072
Mitch

Old 09-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #1073
Bluewater34
Is Old

My wife’s dad is a deadbeat. He abandoned her family repeatedly, showing back up just long enough to father another child and then slinking away again afterward. He initiated contact with her exactly once after he left for good, and that was to take her to court to dispute paying the portion of her college tuition that he was ordered to pay in lieu of the child support that he never paid when she was a kid. He lost, but still never paid up. Basically he’s a huge piece of shit that left her with nothing but pain and self-worth problems. He died yesterday, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what she needs. She’s obviously effected by it, but she also isn’t processing it like it’s a normal relationship, because it isn’t. I’m trying to just follow her lead, but I also feel like she’s putting up a tough face and is hurting more than she’s letting on. But I know that if I push too hard it’ll really hurt her. God, this really sucks. I hope he burns in hell.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #1074
Mitch

That's a tough situation to deal with, for sure. Just be there for her, whatever that may be. And fuck that guy. I can't for the life of me figure out how someone can be like that and live with themselves. What a piece of shit.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #1075
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
That's a tough situation to deal with, for sure. Just be there for her, whatever that may be. And fuck that guy. I can't for the life of me figure out how someone can be like that and live with themselves. What a piece of shit.

Very sorry to hear she had to deal with him as a father. Hopefully after she is able to get over this she can find some peace knowing he’ll never show up at the door one day.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #1076
gweeps

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #1077
mja271

Getting married on Saturday! After 27 months of engagement I'm ready to just get it over with at this point . But overall I'm excited, we have a great group of friends and family coming and it should be a blast. I'll try to remember to drop a pic or two in here afterwards. Hitting Maui for a week and then Napa/SF area for 4 days next week. Can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #1078
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Getting married on Saturday! After 27 months of engagement I'm ready to just get it over with at this point . But overall I'm excited, we have a great group of friends and family coming and it should be a blast. I'll try to remember to drop a pic or two in here afterwards. Hitting Maui for a week and then Napa/SF area for 4 days next week. Can't wait.
Sounds like a blast. Enjoy every minute....they always said 'it'll go by in a flash,' and 'enjoy yourself,' but before you know it, it'll be November and you'll be all "what the hell just happened?"

Hope it's as awesome as it sound like it'll be.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #1079
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Congrats, bud! Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
they always said 'it'll go by in a flash,' and 'enjoy yourself,' but before you know it, it'll be November and you'll be all "what the hell just happened?"
And before you know it, it will be 24 years later and you'll be pushing 50 with 4 kids and you'll be all "what the hell just happened?"
Old 09-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #1080
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
And before you know it, it will be 24 years later and you'll be pushing 50 with 4 kids and you'll be all "what the hell just happened?"
Knew this was coming before I even opened the thread when I saw you replied.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc