These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I just got back from Disney World

I just went to Disney World for the first time in my life at age 29. It was a good time, but I went to Tokyo Disneyland in 2017 and think it was better. Have you been? Taken your kids?

I’m pretty obsessed with everything Disney right now. Getting drunk at Chef Mickey’s and meeting all the Disney characters was the highlight

This was at space mountain. The misses is in front of me for everybody is who said I am single in the politics thread

Last edited by Tambourine Man; 05-20-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Mitch

Yeah, I've been to Disney way too many times. My kids are 21, 19, 15, and 7, so I've been going there every few years for the last 20 years. We just went in December around Christmas time and it was ridiculously crowded. Always a fun time but I always swear off of it when we leave there, only to be swayed back into going a few years later.

(btw, multiple people were saying you were single in the politics thread? that seems odd )
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I went to Disney World when I was 4 years old, but I don’t remember anything. However, my company is having their national meeting in Orlando in June, so I’m wondering if I can check it out while I’m there.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Mitch, this is Disneyland in Japan. Stunning and about 5 notches above anything Orlando. I’m not suggesting you fly 14 hrs for Disney, but I was a little let down by Orlando after this

But everybody should definitely go to Japan. I’m planning my next trip for January. I recommended going there to one of my friends and he’s been there 5 times so far. I only went to Tokyo, but next time will go to Kyoto and Osaka.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I went to Disney World when I was 4 years old, but I donít remember anything. However, my company is having their national meeting in Orlando in June, so Iím wondering if I can check it out while Iím there.
Itís fun, Iíd go to magic kingdom if you just have one day. Register ASAP so you can do fastpass
Old 04-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #6
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
It’s fun, I’d go to magic kingdom if you just have one day. Register ASAP so you can do fastpass

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m just waiting for our work itinerary first, to see if it’s feasible.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #7
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Absolutely love Epcot. Can’t wait to go back in a year or two.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #9
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Absolutely love Epcot. Can’t wait to go back in a year or two.
What aspect do you like? That was my least favorite but not bad. It seems like an “etc” boneyard for ideas that didn’t make into the other parks. We did “turtle talk” and the Nemo ride that had the projections of the cartoons. Very cool
Old 04-06-2018, 11:44 PM   #10
mja271

Went a bunch as a kid, once as an adult. Meh. Fun but I won't be going until I have kids of my own. Not the type of vacation I have interest in right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #11
K270
Kan Pai

Went to Walt Disney World/ Epcot in High School with Band Class. The class was invited to perform for the Magic Music Days. From what I remember it was cool. I remember being behind the scenes at Epcot (or maybe it was Magic Kingdom) when we were changing into our Marching Band gear and the staff telling everyone no pictures were allowed. It was cool though to be being the big wooden doors and hearing announced over the P.A. where you're from and you're High School. Traveling across the country from California to Florida was a big fucking deal for us. While we were there we also went to Universal Studios.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #12
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I went to disney world probably three times as a kid, and Iíve taken my kids twice. Then I went to Disneyland in high school. I really enjoy it and am excited to go back in the next year or so now that my youngest is old enough to care and before my oldest is too old to care.

The new star wars park looks awesome, but my best friend who lives in hollywood is moving to NOLA, so I wouldnít go there now just for the park whenever it opens.

The city I grew up in has a Japaneese sister city and when we were in middle school all of my friends went as part of a sports exchange. They went to Tokyo Disney as part of it. My parents were actively getting divorced at the time so I didnít get to go (though, in hindsight it would have made things easier to send me, I think). I still regret not going. They brought me back one of the Japaneese baseball teamsí jerseys. Which oddly, I randomly found the other day. Cool story Hansel.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #13
bassplayer22

I was just there last month with my nieces and nephew . I actually proposed to my wife there 6 years ago. I always have a great time.

Avatar Land was pretty cool. First time I’ve been there
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #14
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

I just got back from Disney World

Been to Disney World and Disneyland. Enjoyed both. I wouldn’t NOT go again but I’ve got other things I want to do first.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #15
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
I was just there last month with my nieces and nephew . I actually proposed to my wife there 6 years ago. I always have a great time.

Avatar Land was pretty cool. First time Iíve been there
Cool story. I was actually a huge fan of Steve Jobs as a child and teenager (Apple/Pixar). Steve Jobs was not a good person to those close to him but is a genius. I think Iím really a Pixar fan most of all and the toy story land looks stunning.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #16
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I went to disney world probably three times as a kid, and I’ve taken my kids twice. Then I went to Disneyland in high school. I really enjoy it and am excited to go back in the next year or so now that my youngest is old enough to care and before my oldest is too old to care.

The new star wars park looks awesome, but my best friend who lives in hollywood is moving to NOLA, so I wouldn’t go there now just for the park whenever it opens.

The city I grew up in has a Japaneese sister city and when we were in middle school all of my friends went as part of a sports exchange. They went to Tokyo Disney as part of it. My parents were actively getting divorced at the time so I didn’t get to go (though, in hindsight it would have made things easier to send me, I think). I still regret not going. They brought me back one of the Japaneese baseball teams’ jerseys. Which oddly, I randomly found the other day. Cool story Hansel.
I can’t even begin to imagine middle schoolers on that flight

Btw, I don’t think Star Wars is a separate park, just an extension of Hollywood Studios. Maybe somebody will correct me
Old 04-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #17
bassplayer22

Quote:
I canít even begin to imagine middle schoolers on that flight

Btw, I donít think Star Wars is a separate park, just an extension of Hollywood Studios. Maybe somebody will correct me
You are correct
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #18
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I've been to Disney World twice, and have no memory of it at all. I was too little.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #19
Mitch

Quote:

This was at space mountain.
I forgot to mention this in my first reply. When we were there about 5 years ago, we were waiting to see our picture after Space Mountain but it had been flagged as obscene because my jackass son, who was around 14 at the time, had seductively pulled up his shirt and pretended to be licking his breast for the picture
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #20
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

The older I get the more my fear of heights is developed. When I was a kid I'd pretty much climb, ride, or jump off of anything. No matter what.

Fast forward to my 30's. Go to Kings Island for the first time in years. They have a roller coaster called "Firehawk". It's a roller coaster that you start the ride on your back. Due to the design of the coaster you are looking straight up, and have no real idea of where you are because looking to your side is rather fruitless. I legit had a panic attack on the way up, I felt like my heart was going to beat so hard it was going to leap out of my chest.

You really have no idea where you are until the thing flips over, you are looking straight down, and are going down the first hill. It's an awesome coaster.

I loved it, have ridden it several times, and even helped parents talk their kids out of crying when i rode it.

But I wish I had the picture of me the first time I rode it. I had the most horrified look on my face, and I was gripping the handles so tight my hands were whiter than Casper.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc