These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #701
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
BTW I voted for Obama, twice. This is to illustrate that all of this uproar is politically selective and inherently disingenuous by those who scream about it the loudest.

Edit: Also, it looks like the only left leaning news outlet that I’ve seen that reported that information was msnbc.

Shocker!
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #702
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Mersh is a teacher, but I assume he is homeschooling his own kid. As I am. We are all kindergarten teachers #coronadayscontinue.
Yup. This. I teach U.S. History, Government and Economics. I am was trained for this.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #703
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yet, "he downplayed it from the beginning". It's just inaccurate reporting.
It really isnít.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #704
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I read today that after the swine flu outbreak in 2009 hospitals had warned that there was a shortage of supplies for large outbreaks and nothing was done about it.

Funny, I don’t remember anyone here posting about the government’s lack of response then. I wonder why?

Partisan viewpoints are more detrimental to our country than any virus ever will be.
For me, I probably didn’t pay enough attention in 2009. The swine flu also did take as much of a toll on the US. I also I don’t remember what I was posting about 11 years ago. Probably something about Big Whiskey being overhyped.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #705
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Canít wait to see the twisted logic thatíll come out of this one.

After Last Pandemic, Task Force Advised Obama to Avert Shortage of Masks

[Only registered users can see links.]
If that was a recommendation and it wasnít done then that is a problem. I donít think you can post the article and then say gotcha! before anyone responds.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #706
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
Read the quote though. They were advised *after* the pandemic to stockpile because they ran out of masks from H1N1 alone. The administration completely ignored the warning.

I guess Obama was an inept dumbass that didn’t take the health of Americans seriously. OR, he didn’t take the idea of a major outbreak seriously (and if anything, he really should have after H1N1) because no one ever has, like Trump.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #707
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
If that was a recommendation and it wasnít done then that is a problem. I donít think you can post the article and then say gotcha! before anyone responds.
I mean, the article is what it is. Iím not trying to smear Obama, I loved Obama. I just care more about truth than I do partisan bullshit hot takes.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #708
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I mean, the article is what it is. I’m not trying to smear Obama, I loved Obama. I just care more about truth than I do partisan bullshit hot takes.
Can both things be true? Can the Obama administration have made a bad call and Trump still be a dumbass? Can I say that without being called a SJW or a hard leftist? Like is the truth our after that "both sides" have made mistakes? Ok, but does that mean pointing out mistakes currently or recently made is not allowed?

I'm just not sure what truth you are looking for is all...I'm really not being an ass. Do you want people to say other administrations mad mistakes? Or is your argument that the current administration is doing a great job dealing with this and the lead up to it and anyone who disagrees is a leftist who just wants to score political points?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #709
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
I don’t know if this has all the solutions you’re after, but it is an interesting document to look at

[Only registered users can see links.]
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #710
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
I think the other thing causing disagreement here is some are looking at this event and administrative response before and during in a vacuum and others are looking at it in the context of 3 years of a presidency and everything that has happened in that time. Even though I think even in a vacuum it isn't great.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #711
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I donít know if this has all the solutions youíre after, but it is an interesting document to look at

[Only registered users can see links.]
Thanks for sharing, Mersh.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:41 PM   #712
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Mersh.
This is the "playbook" that was thrown out or however you wan to describe it.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #713
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
3.2 million unemployment filings last week.



This is the economy now, time to start adapting instead of pretending things are going back to normal.
Yup. The stock market just rallied 20% in 3 days on the worst unemployment number in history. Thanks Fed for bailing out the rich!
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #714
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Can both things be true? Can the Obama administration have made a bad call and Trump still be a dumbass? Can I say that without being called a SJW or a hard leftist? Like is the truth our after that "both sides" have made mistakes? Ok, but does that mean pointing out mistakes currently or recently made is not allowed?

I'm just not sure what truth you are looking for is all...I'm really not being an ass. Do you want people to say other administrations mad mistakes? Or is your argument that the current administration is doing a great job dealing with this and the lead up to it and anyone who disagrees is a leftist who just wants to score political points?
Your first paragraph is exactly how I would answer your second paragraph.

That’s my point. People are politicizing this but the truth is we have to give them the benefit of a doubt, we’re all in this together, and mistakes were surely made just as Obama seems to have made mistakes. Brining an endless onslaught of partisan-fueled negativity into arguably the worst situation we’ve ever faced as a country is counter-productive, short-sighted, and honestly, because such attitudes only serve subjective political ideologies...kind of selfish.

I’m not saying “let’s talk facts and solutions more to save Trump of criticism.” Personally I don’t give AF about Donald Trump. I voted for freakin Hillary. I’m saying even if he fucked up at certain points, people will fuck up because this is an unprecedented situation, and we have to lean way more towards forgiveness and a unified resolve - at least for now - to come up with solutions than we do pointing fingers because we want to use it to win an election in eight months.

>50% of this thread had been nothing but vitriol towards the president, a completely imperfect (if not entirely crude) man, but like him or not we need to work together right now, just as we all did after 9/11.

We literally have a dude from Canada coming in here and trashing our president while his own prime minister’s wife has the virus and they’re dealing with their own out of control outbreak. It’s like, where’s the perspective, here?
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #715
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post

>50% of this thread had been nothing but vitriol towards the president, a completely imperfect (if not, entirely crude) man, but like him or not we need to work together right now, just as we all did after 9/11.
But I would argue even he isnít doing that and still isnít doing what is needed.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #716
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
FWIW, if conservatives were doing the same to Obama right now, I’d be harsher in telling them to STFU because I personally believe in Obama’s altruistic side far more than Trump. But then again, I also think conservatives generally handle criticism far, far better than liberals, which is why I’d probably be more compelled to lay into them even harder.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:26 PM   #717
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
I mean he gets to TV every day and spouts bullshit then the professionals come to the mic to clean up.

That being said the American people do come together regardless. Hopefully this won’t be like the last crisis when one political party decides to sabotage recovery for the sake of power.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:26 PM   #718
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
But I would argue even he isnít doing that and still isnít doing what is needed.
Okay, what should he be doing? Iím actually interested in those ideas. Be detailed please, not because Iím trying to make you work, but because the much more interesting conversation we can have right now comes from an exchange of ideas and solutions.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #719
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I mean he gets to TV every day and spouts bullshit then the professionals come to the mic to clean up.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #720
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
You don’t think? Keep in mind I don’t think I’ve been an asshole to you here.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06312 seconds with 18 queries