These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2020, 01:05 AM   #26281
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
It's hard to remember someone with so little self awareness as yourself.
Aww, itís been a while old friend! This just gave me warm 2010 feels.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #26282
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
But I do agree, enough is enough with these run of the mill jewish jeweler in the diamond district with a gambling addiction stories revolving around the smuggling of uncut Ethiopian black opal he's trying to flip for profit (ft The Weekend) Oscar bait flicks!!
So, story originality is all it takes to make a movie great. Got it. Forget direction, quality of acting, dialogue, and, you know, the actual quality of the story itself (which isn’t all that interesting, all sorts of people have gambling problems (and that kind of story has been played out in Hollywood many times before), being a jeweler doesn’t make it inherently interesting).

But I’ll step back. I didn’t spend ~200 hours in movie theaters in 2019 and thus I don’t know shit!

Or, maybe I didn’t spend ~200 hours in a movie theater because, like most people, my attention isn’t easily bought. Back when I was a teenager and worked in a movie theater as a projectionist for five years I’d do it all the time, but it’s not as easy to do once you’ve grown up and have adult responsibilities (like a career and productive hobbies) to deal with.

I was more making a point about your elitist attitude/comments about certain things, NiCK, that comes from, well, who knows.

What 3douche6 saying about self-awareness again?

Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #26283
morgadt

Old 01-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #26284
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
So, story originality is all it takes to make a movie great. Got it. Forget direction, quality of acting, dialogue, and, you know, the actual quality of the story itself (which isn’t all that interesting, all sorts of people have gambling problems (and that kind of story has been played out in Hollywood many times before), being a jeweler doesn’t make it inherently interesting).

But I’ll step back. I didn’t spend ~200 hours in movie theaters in 2019 and thus I don’t know shit!

Or, maybe I didn’t spend ~200 hours in a movie theater because, like most people, my attention isn’t easily bought. Back when I was a teenager and worked in a movie theater as a projectionist for five years I’d do it all the time, but it’s not as easy to do once you’ve grown up and have adult responsibilities (like a career and productive hobbies) to deal with.

I was more making a point about your elitist attitude/comments about certain things, NiCK, that comes from, well, who knows.

What 3douche6 saying about self-awareness again?

1. The Safdie Brothers are becoming masters of tension. Their direction is completely captivating. Again, you may not have liked the movie, that's fine - there are plenty of incredibly well made films that don't particularly appeal to me. I don't call them "trash" though. That's an overly simplified insult that should be reserved for actual trash like Wild Hogs or something.

2. Never said you don't know shit. But I have thousands of posts in this thread and you have a handful - mostly about the Halloween franchise. You don't see me going in your workout thread and acting like king shit, do you?

3. Movies are probably my favorite thing on the planet. So if you're mistakenly taking my passion for elitism then you need to rectify that.

You need to get over whatever issue you have with me.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #26285
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgadt View Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:55 PM   #26286
NiCK (Crush)

Star Wars Episode 9 script from 2016 leaked. This was before Trevorrow was fired. Very interesting stuff...

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-15-2020, 02:47 PM   #26287
Bluewater34
Is Old

I read a quick overview this morning. Definitely sounds like a different, possibly more interesting movie.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #26288
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I read a quick overview this morning. Definitely sounds like a different, possibly more interesting movie.
Agreed. Also seems like it would have ended up being a darker movie all together. Hard to really know, but it's interesting to read.

I'm really curious about the JJ cut that's apparently out there. From what I read, if true, it's also a very different film.

Disney really overthought this one and just made a mess.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #26289
Josh.0

Quote:
You need to get over whatever issue you have with me.
Nick, I’ll leave “your” thread alone, but this is your exact issue (and an issue a lot of faux Internet tough guys, of which we have about 3-5 on TDC, have): you act like an asshole but can rarely can handle the counter-punch. The minute that happens, you try to play the victim card.

You’ve been acting like an asshole to me on here - and towards others - for years because you’re angry and probably lonely (which is why you post as much as you do). It’s always easy to act holier-than-thou and make rude comments behind a screen, but the minute someone challenges your attitude, you fold and paint yourself as a victim.

I’ll leave you alone because I know you can’t handle it, but you bet your ass that the next time you swing at me again in another thread I’ll be quick to quote your comments here.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:33 PM   #26290
NiCK (Crush)

It's not my thread. You are obviously welcome to post. I have never once called you any names, I've never "swung at you", I've never met you, I don't know you.

Please stop.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #26291
3beamsoflight6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Nick, Iíll leave ďyourĒ thread alone, but this is your exact issue (and an issue a lot of faux Internet tough guys, of which we have about 3-5 on TDC, have): you act like an asshole but can rarely can handle the counter-punch. The minute that happens, you try to play the victim card.

Youíve been acting like an asshole to me on here - and towards others - for years because youíre angry and probably lonely (which is why you post as much as you do). Itís always easy to act holier-than-thou and make rude comments behind a screen, but the minute someone challenges your attitude, you fold and paint yourself as a victim.

Iíll leave you alone because I know you canít handle it, but you bet your ass that the next time you swing at me again in another thread Iíll be quick to quote your comments here.
you self indulging little cunt.

I've never seen anything like it.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #26292
NiCK (Crush)

Bad Boys for Life IMAX tonight
Old 01-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #26293
Bluewater34
Is Old

Taika Waititi is in talks to direct a Star Wars movie. Which should be awesome.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #26294
mja271

Quote:
Bad Boys for Life IMAX tonight
How was it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #26295
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
How was it??
A blast.

I loved how they just let them be older. The story is great, and while I never had a problem with the villains in the first two movies, this villain is by far the most interesting and their motivation has a very personal impact on the boys.

It's also the most violent of the three movies, which surprised me. The action isn't QUITE as insane as Michael Bay, but you can tell the directors are huge fans of the series and really nailed the tone.

I could watch Will and Martin on screen forever.

Spoiler:
Also, the Michael Bay cameo was a nice touch. You can't do another Bad Boys without him if only a brief cameo...
Old 01-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #26296
mja271

Quote:
A blast.

I loved how they just let them be older. The story is great, and while I never had a problem with the villains in the first two movies, this villain is by far the most interesting and their motivation has a very personal impact on the boys.

It's also the most violent of the three movies, which surprised me. The action isn't QUITE as insane as Michael Bay, but you can tell the directors are huge fans of the series and really nailed the tone.

I could watch Will and Martin on screen forever.

Spoiler:
Also, the Michael Bay cameo was a nice touch. You can't do another Bad Boys without him if only a brief cameo...
Perfect. All I really wanted was a fun movie that fit the vibe of the others. Thrilled to see that so far most people seem to be digging it. My only worry was it being an outright dud and it seems like that's definitely not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #26297
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Its at 74% on Rotten Tomatoes
Old 01-18-2020, 04:08 PM   #26298
sean52692
You failed this band

Wanted to love 1917...but just couldn't. I appreciate what they pulled off but something was missing for me.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:01 PM   #26299
gweeps

Watched a few Charlie Chaplin films: City Lights, The Great Dictator, Modern Times and The Gold Rush. I loved them all.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #26300
NiCK (Crush)

All great ones. What inspired that Chaplin binge?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc