These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #161
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Itchy Asshole, Yelling something at someone who's gonna get hit by a car, naming your kids with all consonants, and one more that I can't remember. Actually just watched the Louie a few minutes ago and it was done really fucking well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
which episode of Louie is that?
ep. 7
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #162
NiCK Crush

of the new season?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #163
morgadt

Quote:
Itchy Asshole, Yelling something at someone who's gonna get hit by a car, naming your kids with all consonants, and one more that I can't remember. Actually just watched the Louie a few minutes ago and it was done really fucking well.
the one where Dane guest starred? I really want to see that.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #164
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
of the new season?
no, the press and everyone's buzzing about an episode that happened a year ago.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #165
FiddySpence
TDCya

[Only registered users can see links.]

TMZ says that Adam Carolla went on a, “SHOCKING anti-LGBT tirade last week”, and it must have been shocking or else they wouldn’t have capitalized SHOCKING. Everyone brace yourself for the SHOCK-edness!

(Carolla said) “When did we start giving a sh*t about these [transgender] people?” — and now GLAAD is doing everything they can to yank him from the podcast-universe.

I’m actually more shocked that GLAAD thinks it’s ok to censor anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

Adam recorded the rant as part of his podcast for “The Adam Carolla Show” — insisting LGBT people should drop the acronym LGBT and start using “YUCK” instead.

Actually he didn’t “insist” on that at all. He just said it would make more sense to rearrange “LGBT” to form a word, which is what an acronym is by the way, TMZ. It’s a pronounceable word, like “NATO” or, um, “ABBA”. “LGBT” is an initialism. Holy shit, do you know how sad it is when my dimwitted ass is correcting your grammar? I can barely even read.

And now, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation is reaching out to its allies in the entertainment industry to pull him from the air — telling TMZ, “The gross intolerance that [Adam] tries to pass off as comedy should not have a place on our airwaves.”
Adam has a history of making anti-gay remarks on his podcast — two years ago, Adam also claimed gay parents were “not as good as” straight parents.

In their press release, GLAAD also says Carolla is racist because he uses, “racist stereotypes, including the use of ‘ching chong’ to describe an impression of an Asian person”, yet they didn’t say a word when Rosie O’Donnell said the exact same thing on ‘the View’. In fact they’ve given her their highest honor and she’s one of their honorary co-chairs. So racist jokes appear to be fine with GLAAD as long as they’re the ones who make them.

Look, I’ve listened to Carolla for a very long time. He’s not homophobic or racist by any stretch. Here’s an article written by his ex-assistant. Here’s Adam saying gay people are “better than we are”. Here’s Aisha Tyler on twitter last night saying…

“…knowing him a l’il better than most, & loving my LGBTQs deeply, I can say that he is not a homophobe.”

I’m paraphrasing but one time on Loveline Adam said something like, “Everyone I know makes incredibly homophobic, sexist, and racist jokes, but no one I know would ever actually discriminate against anyone, it would never even occur to them.” These are just jokes. If you don’t like it, fuck off. GLAAD doesn’t get to decide what people laugh at. Besides, transgendered people are fucking weird. And Asian people DO say “ching chong”. They say it all the time, what are you, fuckin deaf?

regardless if you think he's funny or not (i do, for the most part), GLAAD sucks and is full of opportunistic pussies. he's been saying more or less this exact same thing for as long as i can remember. he doesn't mean "who cares about these people" as in "they're worthless", but as in "what's the big fucking deal". his publicists are a pair of the most flamboyant gays you could imagine for crying out loud.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #166
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
I like the fact that they say Carolla has no "place on our airwaves" -- when, in reality, Carolla isn't on anyone's airwaves. He does a podcast now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #167
FiddySpence
TDCya

Last edited by FiddySpence; 08-17-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #168
TwoStepN34

That story is ridiculous and par for the cousre for groups like GLAAD. It's just words people, calm the fuck down!!!! I find Carolla hilarious but I would be just as disgusted with GLAAD if this story were about Dane Cook.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #169
FiddySpence
TDCya

they're almost as obnoxious as PETA. almost.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #170
TwoStepN34

It's perpetuated by the media as well. If you are a celebrity and use some sort of ethnic or homophobic slur it's a bigger story than if you committed vehicular manslaughter. Take Michael Richards for example. If he was drunk, got behind the wheel, and killed somebody there would have been less media coverage for that than his infamous rant.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #171
TwoStepN34

LEGEND!!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #172
FiddySpence
TDCya

anyone catch Donald Glover's Comedy Central Presents special tonight? pretty hit or miss i thought.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #173
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
anyone catch Donald Glover's Comedy Central Presents special tonight? pretty hit or miss i thought.
His stand up usually is... at least from what I've seen. Dude is definitely funny though.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #174
FiddySpence
TDCya

he is. his impressions were good, but they're very awkward shoehorned into a stand up act. his bit on the N word and being a black nerd was good though.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #175
NiCK Crush

Pretty sure I've heard those bits before.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #176
FiddySpence
TDCya

lots of name dropping
Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #177
FiddySpence
TDCya

i can't believe i forgot about Patton Oswalt

Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #178
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Just listened to the Louie CK interview on Maron's "WTF" Podcast. Thanks Spence.

One of the funniest things I've ever heard was Louie start to get emotional talking about the birth of his first child and he starts to cry. He then apologizes to Maron saying he rarely ever talks about it so it's starting to make him emotional, then Louie asks for a glass of water to clear his throat. After he takes a sip and a deep breath and sigh of relief, Louis says ", ahh water...it washes away the love you have for your children."

Love me some Patton. I think it's on his 222 album, his Ireland tourist story gets me every time.

Also someone just mentioned Don Rickles. He definitely is a legend. His appearance at the Reagan inauguration was an all-time classic.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #179
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:

One of the funniest things I've ever heard was Louie start to get emotional talking about the birth of his first child and he starts to cry. He then apologizes to Maron saying he rarely ever talks about it so it's starting to make him emotional, then Louie asks for a glass of water to clear his throat. After he takes a sip and a deep breath and sigh of relief, Louis says ", ahh water...it washes away the love you have for your children."
yes
Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #180
FiddySpence
TDCya

everyone go listen to this week's Doug Loves Movies. Zach Galifinakis, Nick Swardson, Marc Maron, and Matt Mira are the guests

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc