These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #24781
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Amy Adams HAS to be cast as Bev.
While I also love Jessica Chastain (who they're apparently looking at since she starred in the director's earlier film Mama), Amy Adams would be the superior choice.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:46 AM   #24782
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,372
Has anybody been to Best Buy recently? They have 4K OLED TVs that are just stunning. It makes me think... the movie theaters really have to step up their game. Call me a snob, but I'll pretty much only go to IMAX nowadays
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:03 AM   #24783
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Has anybody been to Best Buy recently? They have 4K OLED TVs that are just stunning. It makes me think... the movie theaters really have to step up their game. Call me a snob, but I'll pretty much only go to IMAX nowadays
Just gotta go to the right theaters. The DOLBY AMC Prime theaters are fucking spectacular.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:04 AM   #24784
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
While I also love Jessica Chastain (who they're apparently looking at since she starred in the director's earlier film Mama), Amy Adams would be the superior choice.
Chastain would do a fine job, probably can't go wrong with either of those. But the young lady that plays Bev in this first part looks so similar to Amy Adams its crazy.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #24785
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Just gotta go to the right theaters. The DOLBY AMC Prime theaters are fucking spectacular.
I'll check it out
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #24786
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I'll check it out
But I agree... a lot of theaters today need to up their game.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #24787
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Just gotta go to the right theaters. The DOLBY AMC Prime theaters are fucking spectacular.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #24788
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,372
I look into it and it makes a lot of sense. Offering a premium experience in the theaters is the way to go
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #24789
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,345
Normally I think scary movies are dumb but It was really good
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #24790
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,345
The girl that played Bev was great in the bathroom scene. That was legit terror on her face when she was laying on the floor covered in blood.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #24791
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,964
RIP Harry Dean Stanton. Anybody know if Repo Man is streaming anywhere?
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #24792
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
RIP Harry Dean Stanton. Anybody know if Repo Man is streaming anywhere?
Oh no.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #24793
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
I have the Criterion blu-ray release of that. Definitely will be watching this weekend.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #24794
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,370
Using MoviePass for first time, some hiccups but the worker helped figure out the issue, wind river...will be using this a lot on early Saturday and Sunday movies for sure.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:53 PM   #24795
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
i just saw mother!

Holy fuck.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #24796
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,964
Just read that that movie got an F from Cinema Score, which I don't ever remember seeing before. So I'll definitely be seeing it at some point, because I'm way too curious now.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #24797
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
The last 40 minutes is arguably the craziest thing I've ever seen in a wide release.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #24798
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
i just saw mother!

Holy fuck.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Just read that that movie got an F from Cinema Score, which I don't ever remember seeing before. So I'll definitely be seeing it at some point, because I'm way too curious now.
If nothing else, you should see it for the artistic way it was filmed. Although there is a theme running throughout the movie, it's pretty opened for different interpretations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
The last 40 minutes is arguably the craziest thing I've ever seen in a wide release.
Yeah, the first 3/4 of the movie is just messing with your mind with what's going on and who is doing what and then it gets intense insanely fast.

NiCK Crush - I'm putting my thoughts in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
What was your take?

From the beginning I saw how she was supposed to symbolize Mother Earth (her calmness when anything happened, always cleaning up) and then as it went on and her things were being destroyed came her anger (like how the human species has been abusing the planet for its on gain).

I honestly have to say I got it when the shit hit the fan. It was one hell of a way to show how our species has acted over time.

Last edited by ggies; 09-18-2017 at 12:23 PM.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #24799
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post

NiCK Crush - I'm putting my thoughts in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
What was your take?

From the beginning I saw how she was supposed to symbolize Mother Earth (her calmness when anything happened, always cleaning up) and then as it went on and her things were being destroyed came her anger (like how the human species has been abusing the planet for its on gain).

I honestly have to say I got it when the shit hit the fan. It was one hell of a way to show how our species has acted over time.
Spoiler:
It's essentially the bible. Most obviously Michelle Pheiffer and Ed Harris representing Adam & Eve, and their sons "Cain & Abel". That's when it clicked for me. But yea, I can see the Mother Earth comparison too, along with the obvious Mother Mary comparisons. Bringing gifts to the baby, etc. And then finally we just get an all out apocalypse. It's just wild and cerebral. Definitely the kind of movie that invokes discussion.

I can definitely see why audiences are hating it. It was marketed as a straight foward home invasion horror movie and that just couldn't be further from the case.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #24800
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Spoiler:
It's essentially the bible. Most obviously Michelle Pheiffer and Ed Harris representing Adam & Eve, and their sons "Cain & Abel". That's when it clicked for me. But yea, I can see the Mother Earth comparison too, along with the obvious Mother Mary comparisons. Bringing gifts to the baby, etc. And then finally we just get an all out apocalypse. It's just wild and cerebral. Definitely the kind of movie that invokes discussion.

I can definitely see why audiences are hating it. It was marketed as a straight foward home invasion horror movie and that just couldn't be further from the case.
Spoiler:
I didn't noticed it at the time, but as I thought about it afterward, that clicked with me as well. It seems like it was several ideas wrapped in one. Yeah, if people don't have some sort of understanding of the concepts going in, they would be confused and give it a bad rating.
After watching thought-provoking movies, I like searching for interviews from the director/actor and found this one:



ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.13430 seconds with 17 queries