These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 AM   #101
JWood

i was definitely late on getting one, and regret not getting it sooner after the July release, but i'm loving mine now

AT&T on the other hand, well we're gonna have some words tomorrow. my bill states that i have unlimited text, yet they charge me an extra $60 for text messages (on top of the unlimited text fee)
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #102
NiCK Crush

if you dont mind me asking, whats your monthly bill?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 AM   #103
DMBZeppelin
You vondruke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post
i was definitely late on getting one, and regret not getting it sooner after the July release, but i'm loving mine now

AT&T on the other hand, well we're gonna have some words tomorrow. my bill states that i have unlimited text, yet they charge me an extra $60 for text messages (on top of the unlimited text fee)
You should have just waited till summer and get the new one. Though I'm sure there won't be a huge difference. One thing cool about the iPhone regardless of which one you have. Is that you get the firmware updates to keep adding more and more functionality to your phone.
DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #104
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
if you dont mind me asking, whats your monthly bill?
i have the 450 anytime mins, 5000 nights & weekends, unlimited text

can't remember the price right now
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #105
1t. Dan

Hopefully am getting my first iPhone in a few weeks when I go home for break!
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #106
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
You should have just waited till summer and get the new one. Though I'm sure there won't be a huge difference. One thing cool about the iPhone regardless of which one you have. Is that you get the firmware updates to keep adding more and more functionality to your phone.
what's that one gonna be like?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #107
DMBZeppelin
You vondruke!

Quote:
what's that one gonna be like?
Well they are beefing up the hardware because of all the apps and what not. They're working on bringing flash to the older iphones, but this one is suppose to have it for sure.

Here's two things I've found on it.

Quote:

Images claiming to depict the back cover of an upcoming iPhone have started circulating on the internet. iPodObserver first posted a version of the above photo that allegedly depicts an unreleased 16GB iPhone with the model number A1303. This new iPhone case is said to "shed its glossy appearance for a matte black look" and also introduce a new case-back made of metal. The site seems confident in the photo and reminded readers that they were also responsible for publishing an early back-case photo of the iPhone 3G.

MacRumors has also received additional images (below) that appear to be from the same series. While we can't confirm their authenticity, we present them for discussion given iPodObserver's apparent belief in them. The images have reportedly come from China and are said to depict the back-casing of the next iPhone. The case is also said to be textured for better gripping.

The original iPhone came with aluminum back casing. This design eventually gave way to a smooth plastic curved back of the current iPhone 3G.
There's also this.

Quote:
MSNBC put the spotlight on a new report by RBC Capital Markets analyst Mike Abramsky, who believes that an entry-level $99 iPhone will arrive in June or July alongside an upgraded (higher screen resolution) iPhone 3G.

The report echos many similar analyst reports over the past year that have also pointed to the possibility of an entry-level $99 iPhone. The analyst even published this detailed chart about what he believes the breakdown might be (republished by AppleInsider):

The $99 entry-level iPhone looks remarkably like the original iPhone with an EDGE-only network connection but a discounted monthly plan. The upgraded iPhone 3G, however, seems to only add video, storage and a higher resolution screen to the mix. The report looks like a rehash of circulating rumors and speculation. And in the end, analyst reports as a whole have been a poor predictor of future Apple products, but we published this for interest's sake.

The possibility of a low-end $99 iPhone was brought into doubt by Apple's acting-CEO Tim Cook, who said that Apple was simply not interested in that market:

We're not going to play in the low-end voice phone business. That's not who we are, that's not why we're here. Goal is not to lead unit sales, but to build the world's best phone.

The next-generation iPhone, however, is certainly in the works as evidenced by model strings found in the latest iPhone firmware.

One interesting note is that the possibility of an increased resolution (720x480) iPhone might be less of a problem for app compatibility than rumored plans for a smaller Nano screen. While developers may still have to issue new versions of their apps, scaling to a higher resolution would presumably be easier than the other way around. Meanwhile, the 720x480 resolution has been said to be planned for Apple's long-rumored mini-tablet/PDA project.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #108
DMBZeppelin
You vondruke!

But ya, other things I've heard have the new iPhone being a little more beefed up then that one spec sheet estimates. Though I hope that video thing is true. I also like the new case, since it will be harder to drop.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #109
1t. Dan

Shit are they really coming out with a new one? I really want one now...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #110
DMBZeppelin
You vondruke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou1 So1di3r View Post
Shit are they really coming out with a new one? I really want one now...
Apple usually updates their stuff about once a year, the iPhone won't be any exception. Does anyone remember when they announced the 3G? I look forward to seeing what the new one will do.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #111
DMBZeppelin
You vondruke!

[Only registered users can see links.]

Google Sync for the iPhone. I'd imagine this would be best for PC users, and the Mac and iPhone are good about syncing everything.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #112
JWood

is there a good FLAC > V0 converter for the Mac?

i was using X Lossless Decoder, but they updated it and i can't find the spot i was using before to target V0
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #113
JWood

or maybe the better question is:

what is the best/easiest way to run PC programs on my Mac
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #114
1t. Dan

Quote:
is there a good FLAC > V0 converter for the Mac?

i was using X Lossless Decoder, but they updated it and i can't find the spot i was using before to target V0
I have used XLD and MAX
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #115
1t. Dan

Quote:
or maybe the better question is:

what is the best/easiest way to run PC programs on my Mac
What does this have to do with FLAC > v0?

Parallels? Boot Camp? idk.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #116
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou1 So1di3r View Post
I have used XLD and MAX
XLD is X Lossless Decoder

the update for it changed the maximum bitrate for LAME MP3, which jacks up my V0 rip

it used to be maximum at 245, now it's 260
Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #117
JWood

Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #118
1t. Dan

Quote:
XLD is X Lossless Decoder

the update for it changed the maximum bitrate for LAME MP3, which jacks up my V0 rip

it used to be maximum at 245, now it's 260
yeah I know this. MAX is another program that converts. WHy not just use XLD w/ 260kbps? It's just higher quality than it was before.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #119
JWood

it's higher than a V0 rip that way, and i'm pretty anal about all my stuff being right around the same bit rate
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #120
1t. Dan

Quote:
it's higher than a V0 rip that way, and i'm pretty anal about all my stuff being right around the same bit rate
The new iTunes that was released today has an import setting equal to iTunes plus songs.

And also, new iPod shuffles. Sweeeeeeeeeet

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc