These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #1021
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Didn't say I didn't respect it. I might even understand it. Just don't think I've ever heard anyone say it.


Agreed me neither
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #1022
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
During the Kid A/Amnesiac phase I saw the band live a lot (by my standards, some of you are avid concert goers) and the performances of certain Amnesiac songs really stuck with me, which is not to say that Kid A didn't have compositions that shined in the live setting, (Optimistic, The National Anthem, Idioteque...) but songs like Pyramid Song, I might be wring, Knives Out, Like Spinning Plates, Dollars and Cents, Life In A Glass House, etc. still had all the elements of the band that I loved from the OKC era tours. I felt like those songs came out of the box ready for the stage which absolutely shaped the way I think of these albums. I'm a long time fan (Creep era on) and I love the progression of Radiohead as a band and as individual artists. (Anyone else interested in O'Brien's solo album or Greenwood's solo work?) It's been fascinating to watch. I'm just glad they turned the corner at OKC and didn't release The Bends II. It would've been Radiohead's 'The Great Escape' and would've almost certainly killed them as band. (Blur has Graham Coxon to thank for their survival) I don't really care what Radiohead superfans accept as the pecking order for albums.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #1023
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
During the Kid A/Amnesiac phase I saw the band live a lot (by my standards, some of you are avid concert goers) and the performances of certain Amnesiac songs really stuck with me, which is not to say that Kid A didn't have compositions that shined in the live setting, (Optimistic, The National Anthem, Idioteque...) but songs like Pyramid Song, I might be wring, Knives Out, Like Spinning Plates, Dollars and Cents, Life In A Glass House, etc. still had all the elements of the band that I loved from the OKC era tours. I felt like those songs came out of the box ready for the stage which absolutely shaped the way I think of these albums. I'm a long time fan (Creep era on) and I love the progression of Radiohead as a band and as individual artists. (Anyone else interested in O'Brien's solo album or Greenwood's solo work?) It's been fascinating to watch. I'm just glad they turned the corner at OKC and didn't release The Bends II. It would've been Radiohead's 'The Great Escape' and would've almost certainly killed them as band. (Blur has Graham Coxon to thank for their survival) I don't really care what Radiohead superfans accept as the pecking order for albums.
I can relate to this, I didn't really appreciate Kid A or Amnesiac until I heard the live album I Might Be Wrong. Hearing the live arrangements on that handful of songs triggered something for me and made me revisit the studio albums, which I now really love.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #1024
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I can relate to this, I didn't really appreciate Kid A or Amnesiac until I heard the live album I Might Be Wrong. Hearing the live arrangements on that handful of songs triggered something for me and made me revisit the studio albums, which I now really love.
The exact same thing happened to me. Something about the live performances made those songs snap into focus for me in a way that they never had before.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #1025
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,895
You guys got me listening to 7/4/2000 now ([Only registered users can see links.] ) Love that little tour they did before they dropped the album

I'm beyond jealous of you guys who caught em back then. Kid A took a few years for me to wrap my head around unfortunately
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #1026
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,168
Doing some wikipediaing and looking at the Bends. What's the availability of the collector's edition 2 and audio of the DVD? That stuff is relevant to my interests, but not on Spotify.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #1027
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Speaking of interesting live arrangements...

[Only registered users can see links.]
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #1028
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,400
They pulled out a bunch of chestnuts for that show.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #1029
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
They pulled out a bunch of chestnuts for that show.
Pretty brilliant and I am super jealous of anyone that got to hear that version of Bloom live.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #1030
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,400
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #1031
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Doing some wikipediaing and looking at the Bends. What's the availability of the collector's edition 2 and audio of the DVD? That stuff is relevant to my interests, but not on Spotify.
Yeah I wish I could find that 2 disc version of The Bends. That album had a ton of great B-sides...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #1032
Habbs
Organic
 
Habbs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Doing some wikipediaing and looking at the Bends. What's the availability of the collector's edition 2 and audio of the DVD? That stuff is relevant to my interests, but not on Spotify.
If you go to the Singles section of Spotify, almost all of the disc 2 tracks are on The Bends' various singles.
__________________
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon
"Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip." - John Lennon
Habbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #1033
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,603
Ok, I did some searching and found a website that has all of the Radiohead Collector Editions. They're in 128kbps MP3, so not the best, but there.

EDIT: If you don't mind the lossy versions, PM me.
__________________
Hi.

Last edited by Bluewater34; 09-13-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #1034
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 448
If you guys are looking for legit lossless versions of Radiohead b-sides, you can purchase them here (I got them all here a few weeks ago).

[Only registered users can see links.]
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #1035
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,400
I bought all mine from iTunes. Now if they'd only put Ill Wind up, I'd buy it. I have a copy I found... elsewhere...
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #1036
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Anyone that wants to DM me some of these songs would really make my week! Not so net savvy when it comes to finding these types of things online.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #1037
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,168
I post this hoping other people have others to share:

2000-09-16 - Nijmegen - FM source
[Only registered users can see links.]
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #1038
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,400
I may have posted this before, but regardless, this is worth it: [Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #1039
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,168
Thanks so much. Listening to the Gorge 01 now.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #1040
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I post this hoping other people have others to share:

2000-09-16 - Nijmegen - FM source
[Only registered users can see links.]
I've got a ton of SBDs/FMs. Any years you guys in particular want to hear?

Dime a Dozen has a bunch of great ones too
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08832 seconds with 17 queries