These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #6881
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Hillary is now saying that Bernie supporters don't like her because of "Russian propaganda"
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #6882
Mitch

She needs to just go the fuck away.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #6883
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I'm with you on that Mitch.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #6884
mario

He only people talking about her are tambidiots trying to draw attention from the only person more disliked than her.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #6885
JamSession v2.0
Blue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
He only people talking about her are tambidiots trying to draw attention from the only person more disliked than her.
I wish that were true, but several of my hardcore Hillary supporter friends who despise Bernie Sanders are posting about her non-stop.

It's fucking annoying, obnoxious, petty, and just massive post-electoral butthurt.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #6886
Mitch

Quote:
No, CNN etc. have been posting a shit-load about her recently.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #6887
mario

Okay. Here's what I'll say.

The Hill and Politico don't have a single story about Hilary on their entire home pages. (politico has one about Trump talking about her)

She wasn't discussed on Sunday morning shows, though they were all truncated due to hurricane coverage.

She was on colbert, but not the news channels.

She's an entertainment story, not a political story, now, for everyone political except the political folks trying to distract from Trump.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #6888
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

She was on Pod Save America, I think. Or atleast Favreau interviewed her.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #6889
mario

The implosion of the Republican Party, Act II:
President Trump said Thursday he is “fairly close” to a deal with lawmakers to address young immigrants living illegally in the U.S. in exchange for “massive” border-security measures.
... The president said that Speaker Paul Ryan [...] “very on board” with the proposal, adding that he discussed the plan with them over the phone.

Ryan's office, however, said the Speaker "hasn't spoken" to the president since his dinner with the Democratic leaders.

[Only registered users can see links.]

—-------------------
The agreement came as a surprise to most Republican leaders on Capitol Hill, according to two GOP aides, the second time Trump has blindsided them this month after his deal with Pelosi and Schumer on the debt ceiling.

Republicans said they were perplexed that Trump was backing away from his core campaign promises. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said if the deal is true, the "Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible."

[...]
The news of a deal with Democrats drew swift condemnation from conservatives, including from media outlets and pundits that have traditionally bolstered the president. Breitbart News, helmed by former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, featured headlines including "Amnesty Don" and "Dems declare victory as Trump caves on DACA."

Also, there is currently a three mile long traffic jam of "investment managers" trying to find Steve King and explain what a great deal they have on Florida swampland, the Brooklyn Bridge, Nigerian prince inheritance monies, et al

Old 09-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #6890
Mitch

Quote:
Okay. Here's what I'll say.

The Hill and Politico don't have a single story about Hilary on their entire home pages. (politico has one about Trump talking about her)

She wasn't discussed on Sunday morning shows, though they were all truncated due to hurricane coverage.

She's an entertainment story, not a political story, now, for everyone political except the political folks trying to distract from Trump.
[Only registered users can see links.] .

I'd say that's a little more in the spotlight than "The Hill" or "Politico."
Old 09-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #6891
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

She's all over the place. I'm ready for her to go away.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #6892
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
[Only registered users can see links.] .

I'd say that's a little more in the spotlight than "The Hill" or "Politico."
Anderson Cooper is not a politics show.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #6893
Mitch

Quote:
Anderson Cooper is not a politics show.
Holy shit. You're being ridiculous. Nobody said anything about "politics shows" so don't try to make it that.

Here's your specific statement that I bolded and replied to.

Quote:
Is CNN not a news channel???? Was she on a news channel??
Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #6894
mario

How about the sentence before and after the one you quoted?

Quote:

You're right, I should've said "news programs" not news "channels". In context, that's clearly what I meant. The news channels certainly also cover entertainment news.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #6895
Mitch

ok, dude
Old 09-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #6896
mario

Quote:
The implosion of the Republican Party, Act II:
President Trump said Thursday he is “fairly close” to a deal with lawmakers to address young immigrants living illegally in the U.S. in exchange for “massive” border-security measures.
... The president said that Speaker Paul Ryan [...] “very on board” with the proposal, adding that he discussed the plan with them over the phone.

Ryan's office, however, said the Speaker "hasn't spoken" to the president since his dinner with the Democratic leaders.

—-------------------
The agreement came as a surprise to most Republican leaders on Capitol Hill, according to two GOP aides, the second time Trump has blindsided them this month after his deal with Pelosi and Schumer on the debt ceiling.

Republicans said they were perplexed that Trump was backing away from his core campaign promises. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said if the deal is true, the "Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible."

[...]
The news of a deal with Democrats drew swift condemnation from conservatives, including from media outlets and pundits that have traditionally bolstered the president. Breitbart News, helmed by former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, featured headlines including "Amnesty Don" and "Dems declare victory as Trump caves on DACA."

Also, there is currently a three mile long traffic jam of "investment managers" trying to find Steve King and explain what a great deal they have on Florida swampland, the Brooklyn Bridge, Nigerian prince inheritance monies, et al

Update:
“These were discussions, not negotiations. This isn’t an agreement,” [Paul Ryan] said.

The Speaker’s remarks came after a confusing 18 hours in which the two top Democrats, Senate Minority Leader [Only registered users can see links.] (N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), emerged from a White House dinner with Trump and announced that they had reached an agreement in principle over how to handle 800,000 recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.[...]

Members of the far-right House Freedom Caucus reminded Ryan on Thursday that he promised the group when he ran for Speaker in 2015 he would not bring any immigration bill to the floor that didn’t have the backing of the majority of his 240-member GOP conference.

Asked about that 2015 vow on Thursday, Ryan said he wouldn’t bring a solution to the floor that doesn’t have the president's support.

Also, Trump says he'll sign the Dreamers Bill, which provides citizenship, but then immediately said he isn't providing citizenship or amnesty.

He literally has no idea what he's agreeing to.
President Trump on Thursday said he is not considering offering citizenship to young immigrants living illegally in the U.S., pushing back against charges from the right that he has become “Amnesty Don.”

“We’re not looking at citizenship. We’re not looking at amnesty,” he told reporters in Fort Myers, Fla., where he received a briefing on Hurricane Irma.

“We're looking at allowing people to stay here,” he added.

“Everybody's on board. They want to do something. We're not talking about amnesty. We're talking about taking care of people."
[...]
White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said Trump “does not support amnesty,” but might be open to offering a path to citizenship for some DACA recipients.

“What the Trump administration will discuss is a responsible path forward in immigration reform,” she told reporters aboard Air Force One just minutes before Trump spoke. “That could include legal citizenship over a period of time.”

Pelosi also contradicted Trump’s comments, telling reporters Thursday the deal she discussed with the president over dinner is based on the DREAM Act and that the president had "an understanding that there's a path to citizenship in the DREAM Act."

This is heading down a road to a massive implosion just like ACH repeal.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #6897
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Did you guys see Andrew Tate came out on Twitter and said depression isn't a thing? I'd never heard of him before, but now, I have major respect for him. Most practices of the mental health industry have no scientific backing, they are "proven" through consensus, which means all the doctors believe therapy/drugs are helpful

Last edited by Tambourine Man; 09-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #6898
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Did you guys see Andrew Tate came out on Twitter and said depression isn't a thing? I'd never heard of him before, but now, I have major respect for him. Most practices of the mental health industry have no scientific backing, they are "proven" through consensus, which means all the doctors believe therapy/drugs are helpful
The least most surprising thing I've read today
Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #6899
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I'm not sure why this is in here, but I had to look this person up. The only Andrew Tate I can find is a kickboxer who was on Big Brother. Is this the same person?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #6900
mario

Funny trumpy is out there copping to all the lies he tricked the tambidiots into believing and *suddenly* tamby only wants to talk about nobodies making baseless claims about science. Gee I wonder why......

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc