These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #14761
rev fig
wtfau?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Ah, right, I forgot you're a rehabilitated republican.
I ran for a local party seat. Took my pregnant wife to the convention when the election was held. Someone there thanked my wife for not having a Muslim baby.
rev fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:06 PM   #14762
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev fig View Post
I ran for a local party seat. Took my pregnant wife to the convention when the election was held. Someone there thanked my wife for not having a Muslim baby.
How did they know, though? That's the creepiest part...
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #14763
mario

Quote:
There's some kind of ethereal sweet nectar relating to someone so fucking up his own ass that he doesn't realize he's been the king of ad hominem attacks and then accuses others of it. It's the richest fucking nectar there is.

Well, go ahead and add "ad hominem" to "libertarian" on your list of Words I Should Learn the Meaning Of.

See, when I describe you as a hateful little transphobic yellow-eyed white nationalist, only "little" and "yellow-eyed" are ad hominem attacks.

Hateful, Transphobic, and White Nationalist are all apt descriptors of your postings here.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #14764
beitsaad
it must have been the roses

Furthermore typ, there are way more things to be annoyed with, like what this government is actually doing, than what stupid united is doing.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #14765
mario

I hope most people saw this yesterday, but Republicans are still using the same bullshit Trump used to steal from their donors, too.

There's something very much worth being outraged about.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #14766
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beitsaad View Post
Furthermore typ, there are way more things to be annoyed with, like what this government is actually doing, than what stupid united is doing.
see, this is how i know that the biden admin isn't doing too badly if the reactionary right-wing outrage machine is distracting their audience with all these stupid stories
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #14767
mario

[Only registered users can see links.] :

[...]the day after the 2016 election, I re-registered as an independent after a lifetime as a Republican.

It is a decision I have not for a moment regretted, because the GOP has become even more of a horror show than I anticipated. As former House speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) notes in a [Only registered users can see links.] , the ďcraziesĒ have taken over. There are vanishingly few John McCain-style Republicans left; Kinzinger (a lieutenant colonel in the Air National Guard) is one of the few. The partyís center of gravity has shifted to kooks such as Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (who blamed [Only registered users can see links.] for wildfires) and low-rent hucksters such as Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz (who reportedly shared [Only registered users can see links.] of his sexual conquests with his colleagues and is under investigation for possible sex trafficking).

Most Republicans donít care that Trump locked up children, cozied up to white supremacists, tear-gassed peaceful protesters, benefited from Russian help in both of his campaigns, egregiously mishandled the pandemic, incited a violent attack on the Capitol and even faced [Only registered users can see links.] from his own donors. A new [Only registered users can see links.] finds that 81 percent of Republicans have a favorable impression of Trump. Wait. It gets worse: 60 percent say the 2020 election was stolen from him, only 28 percent say he is even partly to blame for the Capitol insurrection, and 55 percent say that the Capitol attack ďwas led by violent left-wing protestors trying to make Trump look bad.Ē

This is a portrait of a party that canít be saved ó at least in the foreseeable future. The GOP remains a cult of personality for the worst president in U.S. history. It has become a bastion of irrationality, conspiracy mongering, racism, nativism and anti-scientific prejudices.
[...]
Biden has turbocharged vaccinations with better management: The seven-day average of new vaccination doses has gone from [Only registered users can see links.] on Inauguration Day to almost 3 million today. He has boosted the [Only registered users can see links.] with a $1.9 trillion stimulus bill; the unemployment rate is down to [Only registered users can see links.] . Now he is pushing a [Only registered users can see links.] to rebuild our dilapidated infrastructure ó something that Trump only talked about doing.

Itís possible to oppose Bidenís plans on fiscal conservative grounds, but Republicans have no standing left on that issue after supporting Trumpís $1.9 trillion tax cut during an economic expansion. Likewise, Republicans have lost all credibility on free trade by supporting Trumpís trade wars and on foreign policy by backing Trumpís neo-isolationism. What do they have left? Scare-mongering rhetoric (every Democratic initiative is a sign of ď[Only registered users can see links.] Ē) and culture wars (Dr. Seuss, Major League Baseball) to distract their base.

But while Biden hasnít gotten any GOP votes in Congress for his agenda yet, he has won broad approval from the country at large. At [Only registered users can see links.] , Bidenís approval rating is higher than Trumpís ever was. Polls show that [Only registered users can see links.] approve of Bidenís handling of the [Only registered users can see links.] and 60 percent of his handling of the economy. There is also broad support for his infrastructure plan, with [Only registered users can see links.] backing tax hikes on corporations to pay for it.

Biden is governing from the ďnew center,Ē while Republicans are increasingly catering to the far right with shrill, divisive rhetoric and antidemocratic actions such as bills to restrict voting. Under those circumstances, those of us on the center-right canít afford a third-party flirtation. We need to become Biden Republicans.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #14768
beitsaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
see, this is how i know that the biden admin isn't doing too badly if the reactionary right-wing outrage machine is distracting their audience with all these stupid stories
Well, they are stupid and think the base really cares about these 'woke' things. I have friends like typ all worked up over dr. suess and shit like that, which I don't really care about. It really doesn't impact me, is that selfish thinking, sure is but it's my thinking.

Do I think these woke cancel culture bullshit things are changing America? America's been changing ever since there has been an America. People advance and move forward socially, it's what happens. It happens everywhere on the globe, who am I to say my thought process is the right one? by the way, it is...ha

Political parties have to rally around something, the Dems rallied around their hatred for orange outsider man who spoke bluntly and the Republicans are rallying around 'wokeness' (for lack of a better term) and I personally think it's the wrong thing to rally around, but their 1 to 2 media outlets have to get worked up about something to get headlines in the 'edited' social media world, and this unfortunately is what they picked.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #14769
DIDO36

Quote:
Well, they are stupid and think the base really cares about these 'woke' things. I have friends like typ all worked up over dr. suess and shit like that, which I don't really care about. It really doesn't impact me, is that selfish thinking, sure is but it's my thinking.

Do I think these woke cancel culture bullshit things are changing America? America's been changing ever since there has been an America. People advance and move forward socially, it's what happens. It happens everywhere on the globe, who am I to say my thought process is the right one? by the way, it is...ha

Political parties have to rally around something, the Dems rallied around their hatred for orange outsider man who spoke bluntly and the Republicans are rallying around 'wokeness' (for lack of a better term) and I personally think it's the wrong thing to rally around, but their 1 to 2 media outlets have to get worked up about something to get headlines in the 'edited' social media world, and this unfortunately is what they picked.
I find it incredibly stupid when something like moving the All Star game out of Atlanta happens. It does nothing, except hurt the economy of a city with a large black population. Makes a lot of sense.
DIDO36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #14770
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
I find it incredibly stupid when something like moving the All Star game out of Atlanta happens. It does nothing, except hurt the economy of a city with a large black population. Makes a lot of sense.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 04-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #14771
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Are there, really? This is a boomer "free market" conservative take. The "free market" that's in lock-step with leftist politics. Government and corporate America are intertwined, and the Government policy arrives downstream of the culture that's partially molded by the corporations we interact with on a daily basis.

But I guess as long your taxes stay low and "limited government", right?! That's all that matters to a real conservative.

If you really want conservative Government policy you'd realize that some preservation of a moderate culture must be had. Yes, I said "moderate", not "conservative". Just, you know, a culture that thinks we still live in a meritocracy and doesn't drown itself in identity politics.

You lose the culture, you'll lose the policy. So don't be glib about far-left "policy" enforced at the corporate level. There's actual consequences at stake. Have a backbone.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #14772
beitsaad

Quote:
I find it incredibly stupid when something like moving the All Star game out of Atlanta happens.
I think it's stupid too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]
That was a bit different, but you know that.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #14773
typsitch

Quote:
Don't worry, others here have pointed out that the culture war is "stupid" and should be ignored. Never mind the President encouraging private business to stick their fingers into culture war. Nothing to see here.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #14774
DMBCLSTJ

I honestly haven't read the new law in detail, but can anyone educate me on how it's discrimnitory? Are there any excerpts that you can post here. I'm genuinely curious.
DMBCLSTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:39 AM   #14775
typsitch

Quote:
Ah, yes, the never-ending, inevitable progressivism of society.

Definitely puberty blockers for kids and diversity quotas are just the next logical step in this unstoppable train of progress!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #14776
beitsaad

Quote:
Are there, really? This is a boomer "free market" conservative take. The "free market" that's in lock-step with leftist politics. Government and corporate America are intertwined, and the Government policy arrives downstream of the culture that's partially molded by the corporations we interact with on a daily basis.
Yes there really are more important things to be annoyed with. You need some help if you cannot look beyond the 'outrage' over Dr. Suess and United...I don't interact with United on a daily basis, so fail to see your logic there. But i'm the one that needs to have a backbone.....
Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #14777
DIDO36

Quote:
Yes there really are more important things to be annoyed with. You need some help if you cannot look beyond the 'outrage' over Dr. Suess and United...I don't interact with United on a daily basis, so fail to see your logic there. But i'm the one that needs to have a backbone.....
I mean we are posting on an irrelevant 90s band message board. I think it’s safe to say we all need some help
DIDO36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #14778
beitsaad

Quote:
Ah, yes, the never-ending, inevitable progressivism of society.

Definitely puberty blockers for kids and diversity quotas are just the next logical step in this unstoppable train of progress!
Come on, it's a fact America is different today than it was 20 years ago and then 20 years before that.

Additionally, don't ever lump in puberty blockers for kids with diversity quotas again, that's a dumb fucking thing to do. But again, you must have failed to read one of my posts from earlier, there have been diversity quotas in private businesses for 40+ years, why the outrage for it today?
Old 04-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #14779
typsitch

Honest question. Can you be concerned and call something out without being "outraged"? Can you have a fucking imagination, see patterns, and look past the next hour and not be "outraged"?

I guess if you don't just go with the "aw shucks" Goofy gif response you're "outraged".
Old 04-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #14780
typsitch

Quote:
But again, you must have failed to read one of my posts from earlier, there have been diversity quotas in private businesses for 40+ years, why the outrage for it today?
Because it's a fucking commercial airline company.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc