These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #561
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Fuck all that, dude. My brain is going into retaliation mode for you.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #562
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Sounds like same shit, different hotel. :|
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #563
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I flat out told my bosses today if anything like that happens again I'm just going to leave and let them deal with it.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #564
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

So this was my first year teaching 8th grade. At the end of the year they take a state test in science that encompasses 6th 7th and 8th grade science (we have it divided up into Earth Space in 6th, Life Science in 7th, and Physical Science in 8th).
We just got the score report in and I want to puke. I had 88 kids take the test, and 64% of them scored a 1 or a 2 (scale of 5 with 5 being the best). I got the report and saw that 6 kids from the alt ed program were on it, and 3 kids that moved here in april were on it and I can not throw those scores out... (they all got a 1 or a 2)...
My Principal called me in to talk about it when she caught me on the way to the school gym... my preworkout kicked in and my skin was on fire the whole time... I explained that I did a whole years worth of review as my bellwork, did 4 weeks of review when i got done with my cirrucilum and thought they really did well....
But how do you make kids take a 160 minute test seriously when there are no repercussions for THEM doing poorly on it? This test does not affect them moving up to high school, give them scholarship money or anything, to them it is just a bullshit way to spend 160 minutes...
I'm thinking of offering a reward for getting a 3 or higher to next years class, Like a 50 point extra credit coupon they can use in high school with the two teachers over there...
Needless to say I feel like my whole year and everything i tried to teach them was a fucking waste of time and i hate my life right now...
Old 07-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #565
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
So this was my first year teaching 8th grade. At the end of the year they take a state test in science that encompasses 6th 7th and 8th grade science (we have it divided up into Earth Space in 6th, Life Science in 7th, and Physical Science in 8th).
We just got the score report in and I want to puke. I had 88 kids take the test, and 64% of them scored a 1 or a 2 (scale of 5 with 5 being the best). I got the report and saw that 6 kids from the alt ed program were on it, and 3 kids that moved here in april were on it and I can not throw those scores out... (they all got a 1 or a 2)...
My Principal called me in to talk about it when she caught me on the way to the school gym... my preworkout kicked in and my skin was on fire the whole time... I explained that I did a whole years worth of review as my bellwork, did 4 weeks of review when i got done with my cirrucilum and thought they really did well....
But how do you make kids take a 160 minute test seriously when there are no repercussions for THEM doing poorly on it? This test does not affect them moving up to high school, give them scholarship money or anything, to them it is just a bullshit way to spend 160 minutes...
I'm thinking of offering a reward for getting a 3 or higher to next years class, Like a 50 point extra credit coupon they can use in high school with the two teachers over there...
Needless to say I feel like my whole year and everything i tried to teach them was a fucking waste of time and i hate my life right now...

Could you make the test part of your final and their final grade? The test they just took will count towards 50% of their final class grade. Are you allowed to do that?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #566
dmb2much40

It’s a tough age group to begin with. I don’t know about FL, but here the kids are constantly taking tests, like, they never end. And you’re right, it’s low motivation if there’s no tangible impact. Shitty situation
Old 07-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #567
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Could you make the test part of your final and their final grade? The test they just took will count towards 50% of their final class grade. Are you allowed to do that?

No because our final grades are due by like june 3rd, and if they had to go to summer school they would need to know then. So I would not even know if they passed until 5 weeks too late... it’s stupid because the test is scantron and they can just run them all through it
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #568
Bluewater34
Is Old

I’ve been working at this new job for about six months now, and we’re getting ready to move offices for the second time since I’ve been here. We’re moving to a building where the seating concept is more open, which makes zero sense given that my position is largely phone based. On top of all of that annoyance, my boss’ desk is now out on the floor with us, and he’s basically going to be looking over my shoulder all day. Fuck literally all of this.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #569
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Iíve been working at this new job for about six months now, and weíre getting ready to move offices for the second time since Iíve been here. Weíre moving to a building where the seating concept is more open, which makes zero sense given that my position is largely phone based. On top of all of that annoyance, my bossí desk is now out on the floor with us, and heís basically going to be looking over my shoulder all day. Fuck literally all of this.
I don't miss the days of working in the call center, even if I was only a customer service rep for about a year. Was a trainer after that, then handled complaints, appeals, etc. in the office til going full time work at home back in 2015. I can't imagine sitting in the office hearing everyone talk louder than the next person anymore. Good luck with the new setup, hopefully it won't be as bad as you're expecting.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #570
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I’ve been working at this new job for about six months now, and we’re getting ready to move offices for the second time since I’ve been here. We’re moving to a building where the seating concept is more open, which makes zero sense given that my position is largely phone based. On top of all of that annoyance, my boss’ desk is now out on the floor with us, and he’s basically going to be looking over my shoulder all day. Fuck literally all of this.

Forgive my memory, is this a new position at the brewery?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #571
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Forgive my memory, is this a new position at the brewery?
No, I started a new corporate job at the beginning of this year.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #572
Wildcats82

I wish I had actually been at work yesterday. I work part time as a valet. Yesterday morning the overnight guy was arrested at around 5AM. He had brought a guests car around to the front of the hotel and then promptly fell asleep at the wheel with the engine running. He was also double parked. A police officer just happened to be passing by and saw it. Woke him up and asked for ID. According to arrests.org he was a fugitive (of what I'm not sure) and so the officer took the keys up to the front desk and then took the guy away
Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #573
Wildcats82

also in positive news, there is a new full service Marriott opening up in Lexington soon. Coincidental my lease is almost up. The GM contacted me on linkedin wanting me to apply to be FOM. Since it isn't open yet I won't be able to interview for a couple of months, but it'd be a big deal.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #574
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
also in positive news, there is a new full service Marriott opening up in Lexington soon. Coincidental my lease is almost up. The GM contacted me on linkedin wanting me to apply to be FOM. Since it isn't open yet I won't be able to interview for a couple of months, but it'd be a big deal.
Go get it!
Old 07-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #575
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

After nearly 8 months, my office's renovation is nearly complete. My team is growing and we've needed the additional space for the last couple of years. So happy.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #576
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
After nearly 8 months, my office's renovation is nearly complete. My team is growing and we've needed the additional space for the last couple of years. So happy.

I can't complain about my job at all, but after a long vacation, the first day back today sucks.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #577
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Hope the trip was awesome Mitch
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #578
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Quote:

I can't complain about my job at all, but after a long vacation, the first day back today sucks.
Hope the vacation was good, though!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #579
K270
Kan Pai

Been back to work for a few weeks now. Seems like nothing has changed. Customers are the same, most of them are cool. My co-workers are mostly cool, except for one co-worker. He goes out of his way to be an asshole and he pushed me over the edge last night. Will be talking with the manager about his attitude when I go into work later. His alpha-male attitude has to stop. He gets in these attitudes to show off for some of the female employees. None of them are impressed by it.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #580
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Hope the trip was awesome Mitch
It was fantastic. It was great hanging with you and Harriet for a little My wife was trying to find a hat like hers for the rest of our trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Hope the vacation was good, though!
thanks
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc