These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #341
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Was looking on the Almanac and saw several ticket stubs from this tour were General Admission for the shows taking place in the small college gyms....

Found that interesting. I know when d/t played Europe they had some standing GA places. Anyone know if that's how these were? Or were there chairs setup on the floor with it being first come....
I asked my wife. She said she was sitting on bleachers for 2/14 (that is her stub on the almanac) and that it was all ga. She said she *thinks* the floor was standing but was not positive. And that it was really small. She also said she definitely remembers thinking she was the only person there who knew any of the songs or had even heard of dave matthews. That everyone was just talking and acting like there wasn't a show going on. She was only 16, so obviously she didn't get what college was like, but she said that definitly stuck out to her. And the tape certainly backs that up. Lots of chatter.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #342
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I asked my wife. She said she was sitting on bleachers for 2/14 (that is her stub on the almanac) and that it was all ga. She said she *thinks* the floor was standing but was not positive. And that it was really small. She also said she definitely remembers thinking she was the only person there who knew any of the songs or had even heard of dave matthews. That everyone was just talking and acting like there wasn't a show going on. She was only 16, so obviously she didn't get what college was like, but she said that definitly stuck out to her. And the tape certainly backs that up. Lots of chatter.
thanks for the additional info on this. It's certainly a shame, when you think about it.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #343
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Thanks Jack. One of my top 3 holy grails at this point would be any video footage of '96 to surface. You gotta figure atleast one film major student went to one of these shows with a shitty camcoder or something! Hopefully one day somebody will find an old tape in their closet and throw it up on youtube

I love googling the venues when you oldheads post some of the shows you went to. I forget which show mersh saw in '96, but man I just cannot begin to dream how amazing it must have been
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #344
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
I forget which show mersh saw in '96
2.9 and 2.10
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #345
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
2.9 and 2.10
Really awesome shows. The '96 Blue Waters are absolutely my favorite D&T ones. I mean fuck:

What Would You Say
Minarets
Blue Water
Typical Situation

So was that the first time you heard some of the Crash songs (or I guess the updated versions of the older ones)? That's always been one of my favorite things about the tour- songs like #41 and Two Step fleshing out in their newer arrangements after the Crash sessions had finished. Two Step is probably my favorite example. It's great hearing how much it changed from Luther to 2/13 with regards to the intro/outro
Old 03-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #346
EverydayIsTheDay

Anyone know why whenever I try to download these shows off DreamingTree there's always 1 or 2 files that can't be converted? Also, is there anywhere else I can find these shows? Maybe off a google drive or something?
EverydayIsTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #347
klillyblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayIsTheDay View Post
Anyone know why whenever I try to download these shows off DreamingTree there's always 1 or 2 files that can't be converted? Also, is there anywhere else I can find these shows? Maybe off a google drive or something?
Sometimes if they can't be converted it's because they didn't download completely, but more often it's because there's a problem w/ the files that were uploaded. Let me know what shows you're interested in and if I have them, I'll upload them for you.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #348
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Just relistened to Billies from 2/18/96 (thanks Kim for restoring my lost files), it still holds up. Gotta be one of if not the slowest performances of the song but man does Tim crush it.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #349
EverydayIsTheDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by klillyblad View Post
Sometimes if they can't be converted it's because they didn't download completely, but more often it's because there's a problem w/ the files that were uploaded. Let me know what shows you're interested in and if I have them, I'll upload them for you.

I'm interested in any / all of them. I never took the time to go through that tour and want to set aside a little project for myself if I can. No worries if it's too much work to upload anything you have.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #350
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

If there are any issues with circulating files I have all the original shns on a hard drive in my basement.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #351
klillyblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayIsTheDay View Post
I'm interested in any / all of them. I never took the time to go through that tour and want to set aside a little project for myself if I can. No worries if it's too much work to upload anything you have.
I've created [Only registered users can see links.] and will upload the shows there. Let me know if there are any issues.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #352
EverydayIsTheDay

Quote:
I've created [Only registered users can see links.] and will upload the shows there. Let me know if there are any issues.
Thanks!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #353
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Thank you so much! I’m really looking forward to revisiting this tour again.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #354
timmys24

Quote:
Thanks for posting these.

Listened to 2/1 this morning, its a lot of fun to go back to these shows.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #355
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

One of my favorite threads on here
Old 03-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #356
mattinmass
heady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If there are any issues with circulating files I have all the original shns on a hard drive in my basement.
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #357
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post

Not many people have basements in California
Old 03-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #358
mattinmass
heady

what a great movie
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc