now in Capshaw Blue

Remember ďwe want RoiĒ? Boyd didnít get that treatment
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #1223
HeyJoe5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
There is no SCI tour.

But if Kang is negotiating with DMB right now to join the band, and SCI announces a tour tomorrow and sells their tickets, then casually tweets out that Kang is joining DMB for the summer... yes that's fraud.
I feel like of all the established bands in the scene, SCI is one of the most strategic about maximizing their profits. Eg, not touring extensively, creating huge audience demand to sell tickets for a select number of high profile and destination shows.

So it seems like SCI not touring + Kang looking for that $$ = perfect opportunity for him to cash in with the matthews band.
HeyJoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:16 PM   #1224
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Not much Boyd loyalty around here, pretty sad
My Boyd ship sailed when he forgot his part on I Did It a few years ago.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #1225
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
I for one look forward to a possible Boyd-less tour.
well look who it is
Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #1226
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
My Boyd ship sailed when he forgot his part on I Did It a few years ago.
Everybody has their breaking point
Old 02-13-2018, 12:38 AM   #1227
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
I can miss Boyd on a personal / nostalgia level while also admitting the band would be better without him.

When they brought back Crazy Easy and he couldn’t even do his part to that, I was mentally ready for the band to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:08 AM   #1228
greykitkat36

Quote:
Itís tough when heís barely been involved the last few years. Hasnít contributed to new songs, forgets to play or stops playing key parts to songs and just once in a while saws away on billies ants or liog. I love the dude and heís obviously a huge integral part of the band but I totally 100% understand people being ok with this happening at this point. He hasnít brought anything to the table in years.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #1229
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishb13 View Post
they do have a bunch of dates planned in June/July for various festivals. not sure how they line up with DMB dates.
Yeah, they hA bunch of dates lined up. All conflict with DMB shows. Does anyone know the exact quote the DJ said on air? I highly doubt it was him being confirmed to join the band. Could I see him sitting in/guesting on a bunch of shows? Yes absolutely, but heís not going to replace Boyd or even join DMB for the entire summer. Already SCI dates prove that (unless heís quitting or leaving SCI, which I guess is always possIble).. Also just because heís a DJ on Siruis Radio doesnít nessecarily mean he knows anything. He probably just poked around at the idea of that possibility but did he really make it sound official? Iíd be surprised.

Rumors are fun but Iím not a big fan of wild speculation, it gets peoples hopes up. We can discuss possibilities but to state something as if itís fact and that youíve heard from people I hate that stuff. Remember when Jeff whatís his face said there would be another caravan? Told you that was nonsense. Even if it was true at the time, if itís not 100% confirmed, I think itís unfair to disperse it.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 AM   #1230
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I doubt they’d just have a violin for a few dates. All or nothing
Old 02-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #1231
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:

He gave up on us first.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #1232
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
He gave up on us first.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #1233
batleon

It's weird, I am less likely to see them if they don't get a violin player to replace Boyd than I was to just go see the band before this happened. When I think about that it almost makes no sense because that boils down to me preferring a band with a bad violin player to a band with no violin player...

The violin is part of the sound I liked about the band though. So much of that sound is already gone, losing another part of it just makes it worse. I really hope they find a replacement, be it temporary or permanent.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #1234
zaphod!

for me, its the opposite. i'm more likely to see them if there's no violin. boyd has ruined that aspect of the sound for me over the years. now i'm more curious to see if they do anything creative to fill in for his parts.

and for all of his faults, boyd was able to pull off a pretty good stage presence and chemistry with other band members. this isn't something that can be replaced very easily. this is why i would much rather them bring in someone who knows how to play with the band to fill in, even if its not a violin.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #1235
cjlawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in the future that this situation is bigger or maybe at the same level with the whole 2000 LWS & 2006/2007 breakup situations. It just doesn't look good at all.
I'm not familiar with the 2006/2007 breakups. Any place I can go to read about what happened?
cjlawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #1236
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I don't want a replacement violinist. Bring back the keys (Butch) and a jazzier band and have some guests pop in and out this summer.
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #1237
Bluewater34
Is Old

I’d be fine with a replacement violinist, or if they bring in something different to fill those gaps. I just don’t want them to try to do it like they did in Minneapolis. The last thing this band needs is more Tim and Rashawn.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #1238
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I’d be fine with a replacement violinist, or if they bring in something different to fill those gaps. I just don’t want them to try to do it like they did in Minneapolis. The last thing this band needs is more Tim and Rashawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I don't want a replacement violinist. Bring back the keys (Butch) and a jazzier band and have some guests pop in and out this summer.

For me, I agree with both statements. More sax and keys, less heavy electric and trumpet covering up the sound.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #1239
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah, they hA bunch of dates lined up. All conflict with DMB shows. Does anyone know the exact quote the DJ said on air? I highly doubt it was him being confirmed to join the band. Could I see him sitting in/guesting on a bunch of shows? Yes absolutely, but he’s not going to replace Boyd or even join DMB for the entire summer. Already SCI dates prove that (unless he’s quitting or leaving SCI, which I guess is always possIble).. Also just because he’s a DJ on Siruis Radio doesn’t nessecarily mean he knows anything. He probably just poked around at the idea of that possibility but did he really make it sound official? I’d be surprised.

Rumors are fun but I’m not a big fan of wild speculation, it gets peoples hopes up. We can discuss possibilities but to state something as if it’s fact and that you’ve heard from people I hate that stuff. Remember when Jeff what’s his face said there would be another caravan? Told you that was nonsense. Even if it was true at the time, if it’s not 100% confirmed, I think it’s unfair to disperse it.
Maybe I just didn't see them, but how many posts in here were claiming a rumor as fact?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #1240
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
The last thing this band needs is more Tim and Rashawn.

Especially Rashawn.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc