These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #1041
JamSession v2.0
Blue myself.

So what's going on now? Is the Matthews Band breaking up over shit that happened 15 years ago?
Old 02-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #1042
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
So what's going on now? Is the Matthews Band breaking up over shit that happened 15 years ago?

Nah, that’s Boyd shit under a bridge. In Chicago.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #1043
JamSession v2.0
Blue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Nah, thatís Boyd shit under a bridge. In Chicago.
I've missed so much about DMB.

Boyd's shit is not one of those things.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #1044
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
No, the band is going to sue Boyd, havenít you heard
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #1045
JamSession v2.0
Blue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
No, the band is going to sue Boyd, havenít you heard
Can I counter-sue? I have 18 years of emotional investment in this band's constipated horse's shit of a meltdown.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #1046
Tomacco

I can't believe it hasn't even been a week since Boyd's tweet. Feels like we've been talking about this forever already.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #1047
greykitkat36

Iíd think that the reason the band has not made an official statement yet is because theyíre figuring out how to handle this and havenít decided yet. Maybe Boyd isnít 100% sure if heís not going to tour or not either. Probably talks of contracts, talks of whether they should replace him, whether they want to tour without him etc. all of this is stuff that has to be clearly thought out before making any public statementómuch safer to take your time than to promise something that doesnít happen.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #1048
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
You read two posts of people who were there, one of whom has had multiple DMB employees later confirm it happened, then called them out based on your viewing of a youtube video.

lol

Exaggerated what? It was a year before anyone knew the Band had a reason to be upset for that show. Yet people at those shows said the Band seemed upset.

Also, please don't try to use big words you don't understand, you only embarrass yourself. For instance, saying "correlation does not equal causation" you are arguing that there was a correlation (ie: the Band was angry) but that it doesn't prove the cause of the Band being angry (the D+F tour news being told to them).

Except then you claim you watched the video and claim the Band doesn't look angry. So admitting correlation is the opposite of your entire argument.
Ur brutal.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #1049
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Iíd think that the reason the band has not made an official statement yet is because theyíre figuring out how to handle this and havenít decided yet. Maybe Boyd isnít 100% sure if heís not going to tour or not either. Probably talks of contracts, talks of whether they should replace him, whether they want to tour without him etc. all of this is stuff that has to be clearly thought out before making any public statementómuch safer to take your time than to promise something that doesnít happen.
This is my thought as well. That said, there could literally be nothing to talk about. This could be years in the making and they truly don't care at this point. Would love to know, lol.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #1050
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
This is my thought as well. That said, there could literally be nothing to talk about. This could be years in the making and they truly don't care at this point. Would love to know, lol.
I’m leaning towards this not being planned. I don’t put any stock st all into the calendar mishap and I think they would have made a public statement about it before Boyd even had a chance to tweet if it was pre-planned and they would have said something before tickets weee sold.

I’m inclined to think that the band and management are totally shocked and surprised by this news and are scrambling about what to do. It’s possible Carter didn’t even find out about this until he got To Minneapolis for the show that day, which would explain his demeanor and poor playing. Clearly communication between management and the band has been rocky for years (just look at the Hartford incident for one example), so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if most people involved were taken aback and off guard by the news. I think they’re probably trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I don’t think there’s some conspiracy to kick Boyd out of the band and pretty much everything Mario has said is wild dangerous speculation.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #1051
dmb1981

Quote:
I’m leaning towards this not being planned. I don’t put any stock st all into the calendar mishap and I think they would have made a public statement about it before Boyd even had a chance to tweet if it was pre-planned and they would have said something before tickets weee sold.

I’m inclined to think that the band and management are totally shocked and surprised by this news and are scrambling about what to do. It’s possible Carter didn’t even find out about this until he got To Minneapolis for the show that day, which would explain his demeanor and poor playing. Clearly communication between management and the band has been rocky for years (just look at the Hartford incident for one example), so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if most people involved were taken aback and off guard by the news. I think they’re probably trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I don’t think there’s some conspiracy to kick Boyd out of the band and pretty much everything Mario has said is wild dangerous speculation.
I truly agree. I'd put good money down at this point, that this was not planned and has thrown everyone for a huge loop. If this was something in the works for a while, management would have to be COMPLETELY useless and BEYOND unprofessional to have timed it like that. There's just no way. And it has to be related to Carter's playing Sat night. He was SO bad. It's all tied together. Boyd blindsided them, and they are currently regrouping in some way or another.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #1052
timh.
tasty.

Quote:
I truly agree. I'd put good money down at this point, that this was not planned and has thrown everyone for a huge loop. If this was something in the works for a while, management would have to be COMPLETELY useless and BEYOND unprofessional to have timed it like that. There's just no way. And it has to be related to Carter's playing Sat night. He was SO bad. It's all tied together. Boyd blindsided them, and they are currently regrouping in some way or another.
you could be right... but here's what i completely dont understand if this scenario is true...

how does communication between the members become so deteriorated that they dont realize a core member has quit until the day of, or day before the show?? i know that dave matthews band is a far way from the days of playing at those bars in charlottesville... but how does boyd not pick up a phone and tell someone "hey here are my thoughts, here's what i'm doing, it's been a good run but i'm out"

maybe the other members were blindsided... but i just dont understand how it gets to that point that you just tweet that you're quitting and expect the band you've been a member of for 20 something years to just figure out that you're not showing up
i timh.
and you can sig me on that.
timh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #1053
mario

The other times this band broke up, there was no social media and we didn't know about it for years.

I wonder if this is one of those times.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #1054
timh.
tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
The other times this band broke up, there was no social media and we didn't know about it for years.

I wonder if this is one of those times.
... the other times didnt follow with a show where a founding member didnt show up
i timh.
and you can sig me on that.
timh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #1055
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by timh. View Post
you could be right... but here's what i completely dont understand if this scenario is true...

how does communication between the members become so deteriorated that they dont realize a core member has quit until the day of, or day before the show?? i know that dave matthews band is a far way from the days of playing at those bars in charlottesville... but how does boyd not pick up a phone and tell someone "hey here are my thoughts, here's what i'm doing, it's been a good run but i'm out"

maybe the other members were blindsided... but i just dont understand how it gets to that point that you just tweet that you're quitting and expect the band you've been a member of for 20 something years to just figure out that you're not showing up
All very good points man. I'm with ya, but I think communication between these guys is SO poor, they were all truly "surprised" by the news. I believe they didn't know. Might have seen it coming for a years, but didn't know. And like was just said above, is this one of those times the band breaks or almost breaks up? Impossible to know, but you'd have to think it's a real possibility. DMB needs that violin. Will clearly never be the same without it.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #1056
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by timh. View Post

Itís mainly buisness for them now. Itís a machine that just keeps moving along. All the members have families and children, other responsibilities and while they are still friends, thereís not a lot of proof these guys really talk or hang out when they are not playing or touring. They come and go in separate busses when they want and itís even been confirmed that sometimes certain members donít even arrive to the venue until 2 hours before showtime sometimes. Plus, Boyd could be a type of passive aggressive person who rather tweet than handle it like an adult. If management held back knowledge of D+F to the band whether purposely or not, something like this could also easily throw everyone for a loop. Boyd may have not told anyone involved woth DMB and went straight to twitter. We have no idea.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #1057
greykitkat36

Quote:
All very good points man. I'm with ya, but I think communication between these guys is SO poor, they were all really "surprised" by the news. I truly believe they didn't know. And like Mario just said, is this one of those times, the band breaks or almost breaks up? Impossible to know.
The band won’t break up, they just booked and planned an entire summer tour and sold thousands of tickets and promised an album. They’ll rough it out as long as they can. If it’s really bad, they could cancel maybe the second leg or something, but I don’t think they’re breaking up. If anything they’ll pull a Phish and announce that this will be their last tour ever, they wouldn’t cancel the shows. If anything they’d use it to ramp up sales further and just go out that way.

I think Boyd has some serious issues going on either personal or against people in the band and he’s tired of it. I think Carter was mad because he probably got to Minneapolis and asked where Boyd was and found out he quit the band. I’m obviously just guessing and speculating, but to me that actually seems like the most plausible scenario. Carter doesn’t use Twitter so he wouldn’t have heard about it unless someone told him, and no one probably did.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #1058
dmb1981

Quote:
The band won’t break up, they just booked and planned an entire summer tour and sold thousands of tickets and promised an album. They’ll rough it out as long as they can. If it’s really bad, they could cancel maybe the second leg or something, but I don’t think they’re breaking up. If anything they’ll pull a Phish and announce that this will be their last tour ever, they wouldn’t cancel the shows. If anything they’d use it to ramp up sales further and just go out that way.

I think Boyd has some serious issues going on either personal or against people in the band and he’s tired of it. I think Carter was mad because he probably got to Minneapolis and asked where Boyd was and found out he quit the band. I’m obviously just guessing and speculating, but to me that actually seems like the most plausible scenario. Carter doesn’t use Twitter so he wouldn’t have heard about it unless someone told him, and no one probably did.
If the band cancels the tour, or first leg, or second leg, you best believe they're done. They've got an album to promote. After this tour? They could easily hang it up if either A) boyd is truly gone, and/or B) they sound like shit all summer, and can't take it anymore.

Relatively speaking, sometimes I wonder if they know just how bad they've sounded a lot of the time in the last 3-4 years.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #1059
mikelhu

Obviously we are just going to keep going around and around in circles with this and people are going to form their own opinions based on how the info was rolled out or not rolled out.
But I'll say it again and I stand by what I was told by someone close to this that this was not a big surprise at 9pm Friday night. That this was known and a mutual thing.
I obviously cant prove that but have no reason to doubt the person.
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 PM   #1060
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

If somebody could track down that pic of Boyd in the MN airport that was supposedly posted on FB, that’d answer a lot.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc