These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #321
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Definitely not a complaint, but a "holy shit I get paid for this." Just set up at Ale-o-Ween, the local Halloween themed beer festival. I'm barred by law from pouring any beer, and I have a wristband that gives me full access to all areas and unlimited pours. And I'm on the clock.
Are you looking to hire a personal assistant? I'll carry your cups for you.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #322
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Definitely not a complaint, but a "holy shit I get paid for this." Just set up at Ale-o-Ween, the local Halloween themed beer festival. I'm barred by law from pouring any beer, and I have a wristband that gives me full access to all areas and unlimited pours. And I'm on the clock.
Do you guys ship out of state (is it legal to ship beer across state lines?)?
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #323
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Are you looking to hire a personal assistant? I'll carry your cups for you.
Yeah, I get that question a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Do you guys ship out of state (is it legal to ship beer across state lines?)?
It's legal if you have the proper distribution license, which we don't. Aside from the occasional event, we sell everything we make in the brewery/restaurant.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #324
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Too bad. If I get back to Cincy next summer for a Cubs game I'll shoot up there. Looks like a pretty cool historic brewery.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #325
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Too bad. If I get back to Cincy next summer for a Cubs game I'll shoot up there. Looks like a pretty cool historic brewery.
If you do, let me know and I'll show you around.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #326
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

You guys could easily do a beer swap. When I worked at the brewery I used to send a 12 pack to my buddy in Wisconsin and he’d send me a 12 of New Glarus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #327
Bluewater34
Is Old

We don't even can, though. All I could send would be a glass growler.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #328
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
If you do, let me know and I'll show you around.

I'm working on a trip next summer that gets me to Indy and Bloomington, and I'd love to swing up to Cincy if it works with the Cubs. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #329
Bluewater34
Is Old

Sometimes being right sucks. We’ve had a lot of trouble keeping GMs for the restaurant side of my brewery (4 this year), which is understandably leading to a significant leadership crisis in our kitchen and restaurant/bar. They’ve tried to solve this by essentially promoting everyone competent to management positions, which is fine, except that the criteria for replacing those lower positions seems to have been that the person is breathing. Our park/museum does a big event every night of the Christmas season, with upwards of 2000 people visiting depending on the night. My boss and I have been screaming to anyone that would listen, and many who wouldn’t, that the level of quality and professionalism in the kitchen and serving staff was going to destroy us when the Christmas event kicked in. Well, we were right. Wednesday was the kickoff, and the kitchen melted down immediately. Last night was our first weekend night, and the genius who made te schedule only put one manager and one bartender on duty, and they were the same motherfucking person! The kitchen couldn’t keep up, the servers fucked everything up, and we had to watch people getting meals comped, walking out, and now the bad online reviews are rolling in. It’s hard to find good servers. I know that. But at the very least train the people you hire to handle what we all knew was coming, and fucking be there to help. I’m so goddamn angry watching this happening. I can help bus and help pour beer, but I’m not trained on anything else, because I’ve got my own work to do. It’s embarrassing. And we told them it was coming.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #330
sean52692
You failed this band

That blows. Reminds me of one evening when I was serving a couple of years ago. It was around Spring break time and it was an unseasonably warm day and the restaurant was absolutely packed and totally understaffed. Total nightmare scenario. The kitchen was incredibly backed up, the bartender was flooded with orders...etc.

Very stressful!
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #331
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Yea I was born into the restaurant business and worked in it since I was 11. I completely understand.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #332
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Got passed up for a full-time professor position at the school I work at, but was offered an affiliate post. So, I'm still a full-time administrator, but I'm getting to teach one class this spring. Hopefully a springboard into full-time teaching soon.

That said, I found out on Monday I was teaching a M/W class and there was nothing ready to go. I have some catching up to do... but appreciative for the opportunity.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #333
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

My paycheck has been wrong 2 times in a row, still don't have my insurance card I've been paying for for 2 months, my boss accused me of drinking on the job, and our laundry service lost my brand new Ralph Lauren suit I got for Christmas!

Last edited by Wildcats82; 01-20-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:39 AM   #334
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Sometimes being right sucks. We’ve had a lot of trouble keeping GMs for the restaurant side of my brewery (4 this year), which is understandably leading to a significant leadership crisis in our kitchen and restaurant/bar. They’ve tried to solve this by essentially promoting everyone competent to management positions, which is fine, except that the criteria for replacing those lower positions seems to have been that the person is breathing. Our park/museum does a big event every night of the Christmas season, with upwards of 2000 people visiting depending on the night. My boss and I have been screaming to anyone that would listen, and many who wouldn’t, that the level of quality and professionalism in the kitchen and serving staff was going to destroy us when the Christmas event kicked in. Well, we were right. Wednesday was the kickoff, and the kitchen melted down immediately. Last night was our first weekend night, and the genius who made te schedule only put one manager and one bartender on duty, and they were the same motherfucking person! The kitchen couldn’t keep up, the servers fucked everything up, and we had to watch people getting meals comped, walking out, and now the bad online reviews are rolling in. It’s hard to find good servers. I know that. But at the very least train the people you hire to handle what we all knew was coming, and fucking be there to help. I’m so goddamn angry watching this happening. I can help bus and help pour beer, but I’m not trained on anything else, because I’ve got my own work to do. It’s embarrassing. And we told them it was coming.
Oh man that reminds me. Nike did a collaboration with Levis last week on some limited edition sneakers. If you don't know, sneaker releases that are sold first come first serve usually end up in massive brawls, shootings, etc.

My friend stopped in the Levi's store to ask how they were planning to release them. The manager told my friend first come first serve. My friend told him that was a big mistake and they should do a raffle. The manager said: "trust me, I know how to do my job." Sure enough, a fight broke out and NYPD shut down the line. Guess who was pictured in the news standing outside talking to the cops?
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #335
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I really enjoy working with students.... but.

The flu is ravaging Denver right now. Our campus like a hospital ward right now with the volume of people messed up. Monday morning I had a 9 am meeting with a student. She came in clearly sick, didn't cover her mouth while coughing a few times (including right by tea thermos). I said to her, please cover your mouth. But I had a feeling I was screwed. I stepped away from my desk to get something off the printer and she had left 2 used tissues on my desk. I mean, WTF!

I've been like crippled since Monday night. High fever, coughing, sweating. I think I'm turning the corner today but woof!
Old 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #336
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
My paycheck has been wrong 2 times in a row, still don't have my insurance card I've been paying for for 2 months, my boss accused me of drinking on the job, and our laundry service lost my brand new Ralph Lauren suit I got for Christmas!
You work at that swanky-looking hotel right?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #337
Wildcats82

correct
Old 03-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #338
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Today at school, I had an Alternate Ed kid (the bad ones) standing in the lunch line talking about how annoying the kids were at the school. After she got her lunch she walked by me and whispered under her breath "I'm going to shoot up the school..." and two other kids heard her say it.
So I had to get the SRO involved, I was video interviewed and she got mega suspended... what a dumb idiot...
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #339
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Damn. What age are you working with? High school

I work at a university and our student base can be ... troubled? Just did active shooter training the other day bleh
Old 04-01-2018, 09:08 PM   #340
Wildcats82

so new job. new title. new lies.

Received my first paycheck as Front Office Manager. It was less than normal paycheck at the Seelbach. When I approached the owners I was told to get over it.

Fuck my life. This is the norm for me. Just give me a reason.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc