These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #161
harmonikfuzion

it's actually called Where Have All the Average People Gone and it's a old Roger Miller cover.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #162
mja271

ah, thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #163
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
Yah they totally under-utilize him

Side note, I'm trying to find the best way of petitioning the band to cover The Weight

Second side note, lemme know if you need any help with that set list site
If they were to do a Band cover, my choice would be to go with Cripple Creek. Or maybe even something more obscure and I feel like they would do a great job with Don't Do It.

I definitely might need some help, haven't done anything with it in a few days but a girl on their boards actually did most of the dirty work and put all the sets (only up until '09) on a Google map that I've been using. It's really only cutting and pasting though. I messaged her to get her approval but haven't heard back and that was the beginning of June.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #164
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

In case anybody hasn't seen this yet, it just further proves their awesomeness (well Scott's in this video at least).

Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #165
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Also, their Red Rocks show is streaming pay-per-view on iClips for $9.99. Seriously considering it.

EDIT: Sold.

1) HFOD
2) Tin Man
3) Go To Sleep
4) Colorshow
5) Jan Wedding
6) Shame
7) Paranoia
8.) It's Good To Be Back Home Again (John Denver cover, orig trio on special mic)
9) The Fall
10) Kickdrum
11) Murder In The City
12) Never Been Alive (unreleased, played in Boulder last night & first appeared in 2009)
13) And It Spread
14) I Killed Sally's Lover
15) Distraction
16) The Prettiest Thing (David Childers' cover)
17) In The Curve (Seth solo)
‎18) The Once and Future Carpenter
19) PGF Cedar Lane
20) Indolence
21) I and Love and You
22) Will You Return
-----------------------------------
ENCORE:
23) Blue Ridge Mountain Blues (Doc Watson cover)
24) Laundry Room
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #166
harmonikfuzion

So tempting, but it would only be worth the money so I could rip it, and I don't trust the connection in my apartment enough... I'm sure this will be a release though... I hope.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #167
harmonikfuzion

And scott is a genius... his paintings are brilliant. Particularly love the one of the ship he painted last year for some charity auction.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #168
Mitch

How are these guys as far as setlists go, do they vary a lot from night to night?
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #169
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

He's incredible. Such a gifted artist in so many aspects of the word. $9.99 is a bit high for a one off stream. It would be great if it was eventually sold.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #170
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
How are these guys as far as setlists go, do they vary a lot from night to night?
Incredible, and if I'm not mistaken, they don't write setlists. They definitely bust out rarities as well. I've only seen the same songs a few times, and for the most part, it's been stuff off I&L&Y.

EDIT: Here's The Fall from Red Rocks:

Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #171
Mitch

Nice

I'm seeing them for the first time on 9/23 at PNC in Jersey. Looking forward to it.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #172
harmonikfuzion

That video is awesome. Wow I can't wait to see them again.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #173
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Finished ripping, however the levels on the stream were ALL over the place. You can barely hear Scott in some places. I got Grace Potter's set too. The video was sweet, not DVD release worthy though, imo, and they would definitely have to remaster the levels if they were to ever release this. Show itself was great, as always, but I've seen better performances from them. I'll split this within the next few days.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #174
harmonikfuzion

That really pisses me off (on your behalf) about the levels though. They clearly did a great job on the levels for the video of the wall you posted. I'd write a strongly worded letter lol
Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #175
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Yea, that song was one of the best the levels sounded throughout the entire show, so I'm sure it's no coincidence that's why they picked...but it's also a huge highlight of the show.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #176
harmonikfuzion

Yah. I'm still stoked either way.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #177
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Thought I was going to be able to go to the Friday night's Dallas show, but I cannot. Selling my ticket for $35. Anybody interested? PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by ggies; 08-13-2011 at 08:05 AM.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #178
Vincent
Theologian

Caught the show in Reading PA tonight. Maybe 2k in a minor league hockey arena. Surprising that these guys have a decent fan base away from the Carolina's.

Great sound, high energy. Only new song was the Carpenter.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #179
harmonikfuzion

I'm seeing them at Ommegang Brewery in NY on Tuesday can't wait. Thinking I stand a solid chance at meeting the band because there isn't shit else to do in the area except tour the brewery, which I will be doing all day.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #180
harmonikfuzion

Show was insane. I was two rows of people back, but right in front of the left stack so can't really hear so well anymore. Rained nonstop, I was completely drenched and freezing my nuts off, and the parking lot (aka field) was just a mud pit, had to push my car twice before we got out of the lot.

Nicole Atkins got shafted and only got a 30 minute set which was bullshit (but she milked her last song just to piss off the coordinator, which was great). It was "acoustic" but really it was just not the full band, just her, her guitarist and her keyboard player, but very cool

Brandi Carlile was cool for a while but her set was too long and her songs were all the fuckin same. Hot piece of tail though so that kept me interested for a bit longer than I would have otherwise.

Finally the Avetts come on, Scott gets up to the mic and says "we owe you guys a show", and they fucking delivered. Amazing energy as always, great fun set, almost all high energy songs and relatively light on their new album which I was fine with. Mix wasn't very good, drum set was way too overpowering, but it was still a blast. Scott tossed his finger picks into the crowd and we grabbed one, so that's pretty righteous.

On a side note, I also got into a fight with not one but two separate drunk chicks. The first was out of her mind, drunk and/or high to the point where she was no longer in touch with reality. She was wearing a headlamp, was all of 5 feet max, and was trying to crawl her way to the front. She tried to elbow past this mom who was on the ropes with her teenage daughter (it was her first show, she was pretty stoked) and the mom just fuckin tossed her away, so she settled in front of my friends and I and just started throwing a tantrum, so when her drunk ass started falling over backward, I caught her... and then dragged her out of the way to an emptyish spot behind me. For the next 5 minutes she went back and forth between screaming at the back of my head to molesting me, until I snapped at her and she ran/crawled away.

The next girl was worse, she just kept shoving people out of the way so she could take drunkass videos of the band, pissed off the same parents who were being all protective of their kid, so she gets behind me and literally hangs off me to use me as her personal tripod. I told her to get off three times before I got in her face, and she kept just telling me it was cool while holding her camera up to me until I shoved her camera out of my face and she flipped out. Idk if anyone has every been in an altercation with a drunk chick, but I wont hit girls for obvious reasons, which makes it incredibly difficult to restrain them, so I'm trying to walk that thin red line between protecting myself and assault, and then my girlfriend who is all of 5'3" 100 pounds fuckin pulls this chick off me and tosses her. It was fantastic.

For the record, I did not overreact to these girls. I'm aware of how things go on lawns with the drunks and all that. This was at a different level, and the crowd was backing me up the whole way (one big guy behind me thanked me, he said he was too big and drunk to try and get rid of them and would have just ended up killing them ). Idk why I was the one they wouldn't leave alone... they backed off everyone else that yelled at them. Didn't ruin the night though so whatever.

Unrelated to me (though people joked that it was the boyfriend of the camera girl looking for revenge) this tall gangly clown just takes a running start into the crowd form the side and just starts shoving his way through people out of his mind like he's looking for something. The stage guard staff bouncer whatever takes this dude by the scruff of his neck and drags him out like he's a rag doll it was hysterical.

Crazy bitches aside it was an amazing time. Didn't have to get towed out of the mud, didn't get my face clawed off, didn't go to jail, all in all a win.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc