These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #421
Vincent
Theologian

They opened Friday's Ommegang Brewery show with Black Hole Sun. Pretty cool.

They continue to crush the live shows.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:47 AM   #422
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Posted this in the Dead thread, but it belongs here too. This sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear it.
What ended up happening with this? I'd love to hear the avetts covering the dead.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #423
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What ended up happening with this? I'd love to hear the avetts covering the dead.
From what I saw online, it looked like a great performance. I hope this is released (probably be compiled with the previous night's show) like they did with the first Dear Jerry show.

[Only registered users can see links.]

The Avetts have apparently continued to play Mission in the Rain a handful of times since then which is awesome.

(I like how the setlist mistakenly refers to "Think" as an Aretha Franklin cover )
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #424
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Aesome. Thanks.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #425
Mitch

Has anyone else watched the HBO doc, May It Last, yet? It's fantastic.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #426
brezz

Appreciate the heads up. Just finished it, a really amazing look at the band. Very well done.

How about the C-section song at the end?!
brezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:16 AM   #427
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

I really got to know the Avett's music over the course of about 2 years when I had a lot of things going on personally. A few big scares, a lot of hospital time and even more time away from my wife and kid. Easily the roughest stretch of time I've ever had to endure. Their music means so much to me, it kept me company, helped me bring some things in to perspective, and helped me let some things out at some of my lowest times.

Seeing what beautiful people they are, even though I always suspected, was really great for me. They put so much of themselves into what they do that I already felt like I knew them in a way, but it was really cool to meet the rest of the family, see how they interact with each other off stage, and to hear some of the struggles they have all dealt with and how that translated into their music.

I don't know that I can say much more about it, but I have so much appreciation for what they do and how well they do it. Seeing them struggle with the celebrating after recording such a deep tune really made me appreciated things even more. They are great people and I feel lucky to have found Emotionalism when I did.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #428
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezz View Post
Appreciate the heads up. Just finished it, a really amazing look at the band. Very well done.

How about the C-section song at the end?!
and yeah that song was great, ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
I really got to know the Avett's music over the course of about 2 years when I had a lot of things going on personally. A few big scares, a lot of hospital time and even more time away from my wife and kid. Easily the roughest stretch of time I've ever had to endure. Their music means so much to me, it kept me company, helped me bring some things in to perspective, and helped me let some things out at some of my lowest times.

Seeing what beautiful people they are, even though I always suspected, was really great for me. They put so much of themselves into what they do that I already felt like I knew them in a way, but it was really cool to meet the rest of the family, see how they interact with each other off stage, and to hear some of the struggles they have all dealt with and how that translated into their music.

I don't know that I can say much more about it, but I have so much appreciation for what they do and how well they do it. Seeing them struggle with the celebrating after recording such a deep tune really made me appreciated things even more. They are great people and I feel lucky to have found Emotionalism when I did.
It's beautiful how music can help one get through all kinds of things, I've been there too. Glad to hear it sounds like you're in a better place now.

YES, that scene after they recorded "No Hard Feelings" was the most compelling part of the whole doc for me. The fact that they had a hard time processing the congrats they were getting after that amazing take and reconciling that with the fact that they just scraped out their souls was so interesting and shows just how much these guys put into their music. They are so genuine.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #429
CRUSHsoccer15

Watching the doc now. Only a super casual fan, but this is great.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #430
Mitch

Can't wait for this!

Dark Side of the Mule/Avett Brothers/Magpie Salute

Old 03-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #431
BigVodka

This doc was awsome. Got me back into the group and iíve enjoyed True Sadness a lot more now.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc