These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2017, 09:34 PM   #81
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
And the kick to the nuts for those wanting new songs [Only registered users can see links.]
Encore trax for the WH edition

1. Big Eyed Fish
2. Satellite
3. Granny
4. Recently
5. Cry Freedom
6. Rooftop
7. One Sweet World
8. Why I Am
Damn, already sold out!
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:01 PM   #82
sdaltons

Man that bonus disc. Weird. Hope you guys are right with the new album talk.

I haven't really listened to any of the new songs. Not sure I even know what Samurai Cop or Bismarck sound like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #83
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
I'll play devil's advocate on the lack of new songs on this release - maybe it's because they're confirmed to be on the *possible* studio release coming in 2018? So rather than release live versions of these songs, they're holding out until the studio versions are out there? They could have been tweaked more and finalized after the 2016 tour ended - so they don't want to put the older, original versions out there officially.

Or... it's just the classic incompetence of their management team.
Knowing how their management team can be, I'm leaning more toward incompetence. I think there were many live versions of songs from Busted Stuff that had been released before it came out officially, so I doubt that would really be the case. Dave's already played Samurai Cop on Late Night TV too. People who would actually care enough to buy a new album already know what Samurai Cop sounds like at this point I'd think.

Also, just bland bonus disc. Aside from Recently and Cry Freedom it's a lot of stuff I'm not excited about. Would have liked the LLD with Malta at least. Another Granny, Satellite, OSW? And Why I Am And Rooftop are always the same..you have one version, you have them all.

They at least picked the right night to release though. That ending run to this show is as good as it gets.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #84
Tomacco

I would be way more into this if there were any new songs on it. But the setlist is great and I remember the performances being good.
Specifically, oddly enough, I remember ODH actually being amazing. Jeff and Carter shine.

I think it's somewhat possible that they avoided the new songs if a new album does get released in winter, and does feature bonus live tracks of Samurai Cop, Bismarck, Black and Blue Bird, etc.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #85
torres

That fucking bonus disc. Another Satellite? Jesus
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:46 PM   #86
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
That fucking bonus disc. Another Satellite? Jesus
Yeah, I wouldn't be sad if I never heard Satellite again. Their obsession with that song specifically the last couple of years has completely soured me towards any version of it. It also feels like BEF and WIA wind up on an unusual amount of bonus discs. Or is that my imagination?
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:54 PM   #87
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't be sad if I never heard Satellite again. Their obsession with that song specifically the last couple of years has completely soured me towards any version of it. It also feels like BEF and WIA wind up on an unusual amount of bonus discs. Or is that my imagination?
I literally play Satellite on my guitar just to troll my DMB hating friends. They shit on dave, I play Satellite, with incredibly tone-deaf “winter’s cooooolds” and all
Old 10-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #88
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I would be way more into this if there were any new songs on it. But the setlist is great and I remember the performances being good.
Specifically, oddly enough, I remember ODH actually being amazing. Jeff and Carter shine.

I think it's somewhat possible that they avoided the new songs if a new album does get released in winter, and does feature bonus live tracks of Samurai Cop, Bismarck, Black and Blue Bird, etc.
Also remember that ODH
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:01 AM   #89
torres

Quote:
Those and DDTW.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #90
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

One Sweet World either needs an overhaul or needs to never come back. Such a shame how bad it is 3.0
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #91
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Nick DMB’s pretty bad now.

I know people that’ve seen them like 300 times that can hardly bring themselves to see DMB shows anymore. There’s zero artistic element to their shows anymore, everything is just loud, fast, and honestly, obnoxious.

They don’t really care about the quality of their performances anymore as much as they do the adrenaline rush of playing in front of crowds.

I’ll always love DMB, but they kind of suck these days. For real, no joke. It’s bad dad rock.

I’m only interested in Dave solo stuff at this point.
We're on the same page Josh. I have zero interest in seeing the band live right now. Mansfield '14 was my last show and I only went because I wanted to at least see them for one acoustic set. Acoustic set delivered that night but then they jumped the shark before my eyes during the electric set when they brought out the ladies
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #92
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

My last show was CVille. 0% chance I ever drive 8 hours one way for a DMB show ever again. Doesn’t help that they no longer play any of the venues closest to me (Scranton, Bethel, Hershey, Penn State,) so it really is a chore to see DMB anymore.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #93
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
I haven't really listened to any of the new songs. Not sure I even know what Samurai Cop or Bismarck sound like.
Sadly, you haven't missed much
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #94
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
We're on the same page Josh. I have zero interest in seeing the band live right now. Mansfield '14 was my last show and I only went because I wanted to at least see them for one acoustic set. Acoustic set delivered that night but then they jumped the shark before my eyes during the electric set when they brought out the ladies
Funny you say that because I think that’s the show that kind of did it for me too. I got Bama tix (because they were actually pretty inexpensive) and chilled in the lounge and started meeting a ton of nice people back there before realizing I was missing like a quarter of the set. I went out to the pit, watched a few songs, and was like “this sucks I’m gonna go back to the lounge,” and had much more fun just shooting the shit with people back there.

Then someone had a setlist and was like “WTF is LL?” and we realized it must mean lovely ladies, so we had a few more drinks to prep for that, headed back out, and waited for the LL’s to arrive, at which point we just had fun with the ridiculousness of it all.

That’s kind of where I’m at, now. If I go, I’m not even really going for the performances because whenever I actually sit, remain sober, and observe them, I become depressed. So I just make the most of it with the friends I’m there with and whomever we meet along the way and kind of ride out the adventure more than the performance itself.

Though the first time I think I ever really thought, “okay, they’re really starting to suck” was Alpine ‘09, when they all came out clearly jet lagged and tired after extending their stay in Europe until literally the day before the show, and you could just kind of tell that they were mailing it in a bit. I had a blast because I was with a lot of awesome friends, but I remember kind of looking at them during the show and thinking to myself “they don’t really seem like they want to be here.” It dawned on me at that moment that they really weren’t taking this thing all that seriously anymore.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #95
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Knowing how their management team can be, I'm leaning more toward incompetence. I think there were many live versions of songs from Busted Stuff that had been released before it came out officially, so I doubt that would really be the case. Dave's already played Samurai Cop on Late Night TV too. People who would actually care enough to buy a new album already know what Samurai Cop sounds like at this point I'd think.

Also, just bland bonus disc. Aside from Recently and Cry Freedom it's a lot of stuff I'm not excited about. Would have liked the LLD with Malta at least. Another Granny, Satellite, OSW? And Why I Am And Rooftop are always the same..you have one version, you have them all.

They at least picked the right night to release though. That ending run to this show is as good as it gets.
BS was a damage control release though imo.
After LWS leaked and the overwhelmingly feeling that ED sucked, getting people bumped up for the release of BS was a good move.
In this case, I don't see why not releasing at least one or two would hurt but I can see where they would want to keep them unreleased, at least solid ones like Bismark and Cop
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #96
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Though the first time I think I ever really thought, “okay, they’re really starting to suck” was Alpine ‘09, when they all came out clearly jet lagged and tired after extending their stay in Europe until literally the day before the show, and you could just kind of tell that they were mailing it in a bit. I had a blast because I was with a lot of awesome friends, but I remember kind of looking at them during the show and thinking to myself “they don’t really seem like they want to be here.” It dawned on me at that moment that they really weren’t taking this thing all that seriously anymore.
N1 was really bad. Which sucked after how great the 08 shows were - two of the best I've ever seen. It was a huge letdown.

But the following night was a strong show. Still down on that weekend overall.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #97
drh424s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poth Ead View Post
Sadly, you haven't missed much
He better listen to plastic girl first
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #98
batleon

Quote:
Funny you say that because I think that’s the show that kind of did it for me too. I got Bama tix (because they were actually pretty inexpensive) and chilled in the lounge and started meeting a ton of nice people back there before realizing I was missing like a quarter of the set. I went out to the pit, watched a few songs, and was like “this sucks I’m gonna go back to the lounge,” and had much more fun just shooting the shit with people back there.

Then someone had a setlist and was like “WTF is LL?” and we realized it must mean lovely ladies, so we had a few more drinks to prep for that, headed back out, and waited for the LL’s to arrive, at which point we just had fun with the ridiculousness of it all.

That’s kind of where I’m at, now. If I go, I’m not even really going for the performances because whenever I actually sit, remain sober, and observe them, I become depressed. So I just make the most of it with the friends I’m there with and whomever we meet along the way and kind of ride out the adventure more than the performance itself.

I mean even since '09 though they've had some strong stretches. 2013 overall was pretty good but probably their last "good" year. 2014 had some strong acoustic sets but that made the electric sets seem all the more tired, combined with the return of the ladies. By the end of 2015 the acoustic sets didn't sound all that different from the electric ones. I mean it's pretty clear they've checked out and I doubt having this year off will really make a difference.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #99
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

The setlist for this one looks really good, but it's still 3.0 performances. I'll listen to the aud first, before I decide to pre-order. An official e-mail hasn't been sent out yet, right?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #100
dancetheham

FWIW, there are only a handful of songs that have had a live release before their studio release, and most of them are somewhat obscure. The only ones from studio albums are Hello Again, Bartender, Big Eyed Fish, and Digging a Ditch. There are others (Joyride, #27, Corn Bread, the Remember Two Things/Recently live tracks), but it's still very uncommon given the size of this band's catalog.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc