These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #81
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Anymore skreenshots from the guy’s Facebook?
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #82
NiCK Crush

There is truly only one way to take that Facebook post. Whether or not it's true is a different story.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #83
BigEyedIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
There is truly only one way to take that Facebook post. Whether or not it's true is a different story.
You are not wrong. There really is no other way to take that post. Of course no one can really say whether the guy is full of it or not, but Boyd's odd behavior makes the entire situation more difficult. I personally don't make any kind of judgment call on this, because I don't know one way or another, but giving ten minute hugs is creepy no matter how you slice it. Saying you derive your power from some rocks, is weird, no matter how you slice it. So at the very least, his odd behavior, along with the band's choice of the past few years of being more and more isolated from him, makes you wonder. I can't help but think of the Away From The World video for The Riff. Go back and watch that video and the interaction between Dave and Boyd. That was some cringeworthy shit. Boyd starting the conversation with "Hello David" only to have Dave literally act like he didn't give a single shit what Boyd was saying and walked away before he finished. Very interesting stuff for sure.

[Only registered users can see links.]
BigEyedIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #84
Mitch

Yeah those hugs are creepy as fuck. I hate to pile on (well that’s not true, I love a good pile on) based on one random allegation, but no one can say they’d be surprised if it was true.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #85
Josh.0

I'd heard rumors of Boyd liking small white boys before and inviting them backstage and yadda yadda, but always brushed it off as people being bored assholes and making shit up.

Maybe there's more to the rumors than it seems. Who knows. Then again, if Dave knows and did nothing...yeah.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #86
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I'd heard rumors of Boyd liking small white boys before and inviting them backstage and yadda yadda, but
Old 10-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #87
EverydayIsTheDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot View Post
You are not wrong. There really is no other way to take that post. Of course no one can really say whether the guy is full of it or not, but Boyd's odd behavior makes the entire situation more difficult. I personally don't make any kind of judgment call on this, because I don't know one way or another, but giving ten minute hugs is creepy no matter how you slice it. Saying you derive your power from some rocks, is weird, no matter how you slice it. So at the very least, his odd behavior, along with the band's choice of the past few years of being more and more isolated from him, makes you wonder. I can't help but think of the Away From The World video for The Riff. Go back and watch that video and the interaction between Dave and Boyd. That was some cringeworthy shit. Boyd starting the conversation with "Hello David" only to have Dave literally act like he didn't give a single shit what Boyd was saying and walked away before he finished. Very interesting stuff for sure.

This. I go back and watch this every so often. It's so odd. Dave doesn't give a single fuck about him.
EverydayIsTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #88
BigEyedIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayIsTheDay View Post
This. I go back and watch this every so often. It's so odd. Dave doesn't give a single fuck about him.
And this kind of stuff has been going on forever. Go back and watch the end of that video I just posted. You see the band sitting around discussing The Riff. Boyd is nowhere to be seen. You see them sitting around a table having a toast with Lillywhite, unless I'm mistaken, there is no Boyd.

You have the clips from way back when Groo Grux was being made and the fans came by the studio in the middle of the night, and you have all these band members, and no Boyd.

You have them working together on Big Whiskey in this video and its very interesting you hear Dave say at around 1:50 mark "Carter might start with an idea, or Fonz might start with an idea, or Roi might have a lick, and we'd start on that", clearly no Boyd. They are sitting there all the original members of the band putting tunes together from like 3:30 to the end of this video, and funny enough, there's Dave, Carter, Leroi, Fonz, but yet no Boyd.

Certain people might not want to admit it, but as I said before, this band has been dysfunctional for a good while, and Boyd is a major part of that.
BigEyedIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #89
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Meh when it comes to possible sexual assault or private relationships, I’d rather not name names. Just heard some stories years ago.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #90
Mitch

Quote:
Meh when it comes to possible sexual assault or private relationships, I’d rather not name names. Just heard some stories years ago.
I wasn’t looking for you to say any more, your “yada yada” just reminded me of that Seinfeld episode.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #91
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Well, if there's any legitimacy to this I think Dave's legacy is in many ways on the line as well. If Boyd's doing this, he needs to be booted from the band.

And given he doesn't really play his instrument anymore, he doesn't contribute to songwriting, and he really serves no purpose other than to saw away on a few solos a night - just do it already.

But, hopefully he's just a weirdo and more of a creep than anything worse. I'm sure the truth will present itself with time.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #92
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
I didn't really get that vibe from this clip (at least his brief interaction with Dave saying hello).

I think what was really telling was that video a few years ago of Dave with the lead singer of The Samples. Where he described Boyd as a "ghost" over the last few years. I think that video was from around 2010 if I recall correctly.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #93
EverydayIsTheDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I didn't really get that vibe from this clip (at least his brief interaction with Dave saying hello).

I think what was really telling was that video a few years ago of Dave with the lead singer of The Samples. Where he described Boyd as a "ghost" over the last few years. I think that video was from around 2010 if I recall correctly.

Interesting. I've never seen this. Do you have access to it?

Another thing I thought was odd at the time and kinda still think is odd, the Jacksonville webcast show back in like 2014, Boyd completely misses his part on Sweet and after the song Dave basically calls him out for it in front of the band and the crowd. I actually kinda felt bad for Boyd in that situation. Just seemed a bit unnecessary to do it and tell people Boyd fucked up.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #94
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

0:35 ish - sounds a little more innocuous now in retrospect. when asked where's boyd "i don't know he's pretty invisible until the gig"
Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #95
EverydayIsTheDay

Boyd also just randomly appears in the opening of the 2009 Fuse documentary. They are shown getting ready, slapping hands, etc. Boyd is nowhere to be found. Then just as they are walking to the stage, Boyd shows up. Such an awkward relationship this band has with him.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #96
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
I'd heard rumors of Boyd liking small white boys before and inviting them backstage and yadda yadda, but always brushed it off as people being bored assholes and making shit up.

Maybe there's more to the rumors than it seems. Who knows. Then again, if Dave knows and did nothing...yeah.
I'm with you on this and it's unlikely we'd ever really find out but the predatory feel of the entire thing kind of finishes off any interest I had in this band.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #97
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
I'm with you on this and it's unlikely we'd ever really find out but the predatory feel of the entire thing kind of finishes off any interest I had in this band.
Would you say that's it, sir?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #98
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Interesting. I've never seen this. Do you have access to it?

Another thing I thought was odd at the time and kinda still think is odd, the Jacksonville webcast show back in like 2014, Boyd completely misses his part on Sweet and after the song Dave basically calls him out for it in front of the band and the crowd. I actually kinda felt bad for Boyd in that situation. Just seemed a bit unnecessary to do it and tell people Boyd fucked up.
Boyd on violin and electric cigarettes . Of course they knew what Boyd’s been up to. They just make fun of him and that’s as far as they’ll go. Dave is a wuss and not leader. He wouldn’t have the courage to kick Boyd out. He’ll go to the women’s march with his pussy hat, but when confronted with the situation in his own band...nah

In actuality, I still think Rashawn is a bigger detriment
Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #99
torres

What the hell is going on? What's that Facebook post on ants I can't see cause I'm not registered.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #100
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Boyd also just randomly appears in the opening of the 2009 Fuse documentary. They are shown getting ready, slapping hands, etc. Boyd is nowhere to be found. Then just as they are walking to the stage, Boyd shows up. Such an awkward relationship this band has with him.
Oh yeah Randall’s Island Caravan ‘11, I was backstage and he just shows up in his suburban 30 mins before show time

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc