These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #101
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
I mean, this completely alienates a fan such as myself, who doesn't collect vinyl and has absolutely no intention of purchasing a turntable at any point. I have absolutely nothing against a vinyl release or people that like having that purchase option, but I really hope that other options *cough*digital*cough* are made available at some point. If not, I'll likely resort to hoping that someone rips it and posts a torrent somewhere.
Get with the times, old man!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #102
Tomacco

Quote:
I mean, this completely alienates a fan such as myself, who doesn't collect vinyl and has absolutely no intention of purchasing a turntable at any point. I have absolutely nothing against a vinyl release or people that like having that purchase option, but I really hope that other options *cough*digital*cough* are made available at some point. If not, I'll likely resort to hoping that someone rips it and posts a torrent somewhere.
I understand that and do agree on some level (I would've liked a digital download to come with this too). But for a band that's known to release an annual CD exclusive, AOL icons for AFTW, and DVDs with LTs, I just have to applaud them for doing something modern finally. A lot of current artists and bands these days do vinyl exclusives, but it's the last thing I expected from DMB.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #103
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Is it really that huge an affront to you that they created a product for a market that you're not a part of? Because that's a pretty common thing to happen.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #104
sdaltons

As soon as this is sold, they will probably announce the CD version with amazing pre-order bonus disc so all the vinyl people will buy it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #105
batleon

Yeah I do hope a CD version is coming too, I'm interested in this. A lot of great picks here. But I'm not interested in vinyl at all.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #106
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I understand that and do agree on some level (I would've liked a digital download to come with this too). But for a band that's known to release an annual CD exclusive, AOL icons for AFTW, and DVDs with LTs, I just have to applaud them for doing something modern finally. A lot of current artists and bands these days do vinyl exclusives, but it's the last thing I expected from DMB.
This is very true.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #107
SeekUpAB

Having multiple options is a wild idea.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #108
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
Having multiple options is a wild idea.
It's a special occasion exclusive. Not a policy change. Jeez.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #109
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I don't think it is crazy to hope that, once the vinyl sells out, that they make a digital download available 'due to overwhelming demand.' And I hope they do. Not sure how these were mastered, but while they're dipping their toe in the 21st century, maybe a 24bit dd?

Also, I think this is so awesome they did this and that they were able to just drop it out of nowhere. Very cool. Also, I hope it sells out soon before I spend $200 on something I'll never even open, although I do have a vinyl setup. The collector in me just couldn't cut that plastic.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #110
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
though I was hoping for the 08.19.08 version personally.
You're in luck, it's on Live Trax 2008.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #111
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

I'm super excited for this. Looks like there's plenty of unique and interesting performances from some of my favorite years. I have no vinyl ability though so I'm in the hoping for a torrent and/or digital release soon category.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #112
wiebrod

So I've taken a pretty long break from DMB, and this release does have me excited and more interested in going back and listening to DMB soon. I'm not ordering this and hope it comes out again later other than Vinyl, but this has done a good job of getting me back somewhat interested in DMB.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #113
Bluewater34
Is Old

I can't write this without it sounding like snark, but I'm being completely earnest: I love that putting out a vinyl-only compilation is considered DMB being "with the times."
Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #114
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I can't write this without it sounding like snark, but I'm being completely earnest: I love that putting out a vinyl-only compilation is considered DMB being "with the times."
Yea how cool is that
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #115
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
You're in luck, it's on Live Trax 2008.
lol
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #116
blumathu

Well done warehouse. This release looks fantastic. I am particularly excited about getting the rare songs here. Vinyl only doesn't bother me personally, since I enjoy listening to vinyl, but I get why it would irritate some folks. I hope they will have the chance to listen to the music at some point.

Homerun in my eyes. Bought it immediately.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #117
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
This is a really great and cool idea, glad they did this...but I have to say I'm not on board with most of the selections. 4.7.02 Bartender is the only one I truly understand why it's on there...though I was hoping for the 08.19.08 version personally. Everything else seems fairly random. I'm looking forward the most to hearing SBDs of stuff we don't have like Doobie Thing, Falling Off The Roof, Break For It.

I would have liked to see some soundchecks or unreleased Studio tracks added on this as a bonus disc with a pre-order or something, especially for the price. Seems like a lot of money for just standard versions of songs. They aren't terrible song selections, but just not what I would have expected from a "BEST OF 25 YEARS". So many seriously amazing, no brainer performances left off the list.
we already have that bartender.

Quote:
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #118
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
we already have that bartender.
He says dmb didn't put enough thought into the tracks on this release while complaining that a previously released track wasn't included over what is arguably a top 5 desired track by the fanbase. That is some quality greykitskat right there.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #119
patsfan39

Quote:
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #120
patsfan39

I think this was the moment for me where he turned from being frustrating to being just completely hilarious. Now i watch to read his posts from an ironic angle and wait for the comedy to ensue.

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc