These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #21561
Bluewater34
Is Old

Garrison Keillor? Really? Is there nothing good in this world anymore?
Old 11-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #21562
NiCK Crush

I'm not surprised by any of it anymore.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #21563
NiCK Crush

So Matt Lauer essentially raped a woman in 2001 according to a New York Times article.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #21564
Bluewater34
Is Old

Yeah, the stories out of that one are fucking awful.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #21565
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

This is getting ridiculous.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #21566
NiCK Crush

This is brilliant.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #21567
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post

This is brilliant.
At first I was like, "Wow. They are saying some really messed up things here." But now that I finished the video, it makes more sense.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:45 AM   #21568
gweeps

So, it's the 5th of December and I was thinking of Krampus, which reminded of this video clip. A perfect example of why I can't stand Jimmy Fallon.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #21569
Bluewater34
Is Old

Russia just got completely banned from next year’s Olympics due to their systematic doping program in the past few games. That’s never happened before.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #21570
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

So there’s no way I’m the only one skipping over stories in the news that end in question marks, right? I mean, is there any faster way to get folks to skip your story than making its headline a question? I think those stories are embarrassing fluffer bullshit. If I wanted to read a blog, I’d read a goddam blog. Report actual news or fuck off. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #21571
Bluewater34
Is Old

Agree 100%. If it isn’t actual reporting of facts, I don’t want it.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #21572
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
So thereís no way Iím the only one skipping over stories in the news that end in question marks, right? I mean, is there any faster way to get folks to skip your story than making its headline a question? I think those stories are embarrassing fluffer bullshit. If I wanted to read a blog, Iíd read a goddam blog. Report actual news or fuck off. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Agree 100%. If it isnít actual reporting of facts, I donít want it.
Reminds me of this SNL sketch with Jerry Seinfeld:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #21573
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

so my trip to the ER when I had no insurance is gonna cost me $9000. I think I'm gonna start a gofundme
Old 12-09-2017, 02:52 AM   #21574
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
so my trip to the ER when I had no insurance is gonna cost me $9000. I think I'm gonna start a gofundme
Wow. What were the circumstances?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:39 AM   #21575
dmb2much40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Call their finance department. I've done that and they knocked off 35% because I was willing to actually pay it off over the course of the year. They seem willing to make arrangements with people who want to pay. And they did it with no interest so it was better than maxing out my credit card.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:29 AM   #21576
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

You alright, man? That sure is a shitty bill

Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #21577
Wildcats82

This past spring I noticed I had been getting sick more and more frequently. I really just attributed it to lack of sleep because I was working 2 jobs and was routinely getting home from work at midnight and getting up at 5. One day on my way home I got a sharp pain in my abdomen, so bad that I was about 2 seconds from pulling into the ER that I drove by every night. But it went away after a few minutes so I just assumed it was something I ate and just forgot about it.

I put off going to see a doctor because the insurance I had was essentially worthless. No copays or deductible. It was just "We will play $xxx for a service". Which meant I would have to call offices all over just to see if they were willing to tell me how much they charge for services to see if I could afford it.

When I started my new job I obviously lost my insurance until I was eligible under my new company.

I started getting sick more and more frequent. And it went from upset stomach and throwing up to becoming dizzy and having trouble standing. I will quite literally wake up feeling like a million bucks, and 4 hours later have to lay down or lean against a wall because I can't stand up straight.

I left work early one day because I was sick, and then called in the next 2 days. And anyone that knows me knows that I NEVER call in sick. If I call in sick it means it took all of my strength just to pick up the phone and call. I went back to work and felt like crap all weekend, but just wrote it off to lingering effects and the fact that I wear a suit at work and had to work those days in a really hot room.

But then one day I woke up sicker than I have ever been. At around 5 AM I got up with a really dry mouth. Went into the kitchen to get some water. Took a sip and immediately threw it back up. It took less than a minute for it to come back up. Went back to bed and got up an hour or so later and tried again. Same result. I decided to go out and get some gatorade and ginger ale. Gatorade because it helps hydrate when you are sick and ginger ale because it settles the stomach. Same result. Drink some and throw it right back up. When I walked down the stairs in my apartment my legs were so shaky I was worried I was going to fall. But I made it.

When it was time to go to work I thought I was feeling better. I drove to work with the windows down and the AC blasting in October. When I got out of my car I was like "I got this". By the time I had clocked in I had to go sit down in the office because I was shaking so bad.

My supervisor came back and saw me and told me I needed to go home because I was in no condition to work. I stood up, stumbled, and then fell right back down into my seat. He then said "no, you aren't going home. You need to go to a doctor".

So then my manager drove me to an urgent care place. They took my vitals and started a physical exam. When the doctor started poking at my abdomen it hurt so bad I couldn't stand it. She was poking right where my gallbladder is. Because of that she said I needed to go to the ER because she couldn't help me.

Spent all night in the ER. Had an EKG, standard blood and urine tests, and a CT scan. Was referred to a gastroentorligist for further work. ER doctor told me it was probably gallstones. I went to a follow up yesterday (now that I have insurance) and had an ultrasound but I'm still waiting for the results.

I've received 3 bills. The first was for the CT scan. Since I didn't have insurance at the time it was $129. I was sort of floored but I called and that was it. Paid that.

2nd bill came from the doctor I saw. He was in the room with me for about 5 minutes. It was for $900.

Last night I logged into the hospital website to see if I had the ultrasound results yet. There is a bill in there for my ER visit for $8000. YAY!

And the real kicker? The ER visit was on October 18th. My insurance kicked in on the November 1st. If I had the insurance and ER visit would have cost me a $200 copay...
Old 12-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #21578
Vincent
Theologian

They will put you on a payment plan, interest-free. Stretch it out for as long as possible and confirm that they will not report to the credit agencies if you keep your commitment.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:21 PM   #21579
Wildcats82

When i was in there they said as long as I pay something every month I'll be good. but damn thats how much I paid for my car
Old 12-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #21580
gweeps

Goddamn. I had to have a couple ultrasounds a few years ago. No bills at all. I'm fortunate to live in Canada. Our health care system isn't perfect, but for my experience it's been wonderful.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc