These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #141
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
no, it literally sounds like a cat being stepped on. Give me a minute and I'll find track times so y'all can check it out.

Alright, I hear it at 7:55 (right before it gets loud again). I know it's on there at least three times.
its clearly some idiot in the crowd.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #142
captainbigeyedpig
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 560
Here is my guess:

LT 13: Summer '08 (early, with LeRoi Moore)

Plus we get 6 or 8 songs on that free ticketmaster cd. (Random)

Official Release from '08 : (later, with Jeff Coffin) Not sure what show/s this would be. If they were smart, this year, they'd choose a multi-night stand akin to Gorge or Red Rocks. Even a two nighter would be great.

They know how successful among every fan this tour has been. Now is the time to cash in.

LT 14: Winter of '98. This will be the last release of the year, if my timetable is correct. I see it akin to several Winters ago when they put out 12-31-96. Riding the Tim Reynolds hype, I see them putting out from the Fall/Winter '98 tour as an Anniversery thing. Perhaps 12-7-98 or even 12-3 or 12-2? Whichever is the one everybody seems to love.

*Warehouse 8 volume 5: Chances are they will randomly choose songs like they usually do. However, I think it would be really neat to see them choose all covers from previous years, since this is like the "year of the cover". We will probably get Thank You, Money, Sledgehammer on a combination of the LT or Official releases. I think it would be cool if they selected covers from previous years for the Warehouse disc. Perhaps put one of the more rare covers from this year on it as well (Bitch, Hey Hey, My My, etc.).
Here are my desires for a WH 8v5 Cover edition:
1. Eyes of the World
2. Hey Hey, My My ('08)
3. Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago (full band performance)
4. The Long Black Veil
5. Three Little Birds
6. Rockin' In The Free World
7. Sex Machine (with James Brown)
8. Nothing From Nothing or early Me and Julio (w/o Paul Simon)
These are just off the top of my head, and don't inlcude any Dave solo covers.
captainbigeyedpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #143
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,134
The crowd at that show sounds like it was a douchefest and a half.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #144
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
I really enjoy LT 11...this #41 is great.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #145
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbigeyedpig View Post
Here is my guess:

LT 13: Summer '08 (early, with LeRoi Moore)

Plus we get 6 or 8 songs on that free ticketmaster cd. (Random)

Official Release from '08 : (later, with Jeff Coffin) Not sure what show/s this would be. If they were smart, this year, they'd choose a multi-night stand akin to Gorge or Red Rocks. Even a two nighter would be great.

They know how successful among every fan this tour has been. Now is the time to cash in.

LT 14: Winter of '98. This will be the last release of the year, if my timetable is correct. I see it akin to several Winters ago when they put out 12-31-96. Riding the Tim Reynolds hype, I see them putting out from the Fall/Winter '98 tour as an Anniversery thing. Perhaps 12-7-98 or even 12-3 or 12-2? Whichever is the one everybody seems to love.

*Warehouse 8 volume 5: Chances are they will randomly choose songs like they usually do. However, I think it would be really neat to see them choose all covers from previous years, since this is like the "year of the cover". We will probably get Thank You, Money, Sledgehammer on a combination of the LT or Official releases. I think it would be cool if they selected covers from previous years for the Warehouse disc. Perhaps put one of the more rare covers from this year on it as well (Bitch, Hey Hey, My My, etc.).
Here are my desires for a WH 8v5 Cover edition:
1. Eyes of the World
2. Hey Hey, My My ('08)
3. Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago (full band performance)
4. The Long Black Veil
5. Three Little Birds
6. Rockin' In The Free World
7. Sex Machine (with James Brown)
8. Nothing From Nothing or early Me and Julio (w/o Paul Simon)
These are just off the top of my head, and don't inlcude any Dave solo covers.
I'd be okay with all of that, but they wouldn't do a covers Warehouse disc
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #146
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I really enjoy LT 11...this #41 is great.
I wonder if this release is what reminded them of the Too Much [fake] this tour.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #147
RB3
 
RB3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,066
Watchtower off LT11 is great too
RB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #148
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,134
Yeah that's a real nice Watchtower.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #149
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,747
Listened to LT 7 today. It hit me again that we have this in the form we do. All those years wishing it would get some attention by the crew as a release and here it is right in front of us. I'll never take this release for granted, ever.

I don't care how many '95 releases we have in comparison to other years, we still need The Dead Openers released at some point.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #150
captainbigeyedpig
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post
I'd be okay with all of that, but they wouldn't do a covers Warehouse disc
I would have said they'd never repeat songs until most of them were on a warehouse disc already, but last year proved me wrong.

I agree it is doubtful we get a covers version of the warehouse disc, but if they want to ride the wave of excitement into the new year, I'd say that would be the way to go.

Or perhaps just have all songs be from the '08 tour with Tim. That way they could include any of the obscure songs which don't make the official release, live trax release, etc.
captainbigeyedpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #151
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbigeyedpig View Post
I would have said they'd never repeat songs until most of them were on a warehouse disc already, but last year proved me wrong.

I agree it is doubtful we get a covers version of the warehouse disc, but if they want to ride the wave of excitement into the new year, I'd say that would be the way to go.

Or perhaps just have all songs be from the '08 tour with Tim. That way they could include any of the obscure songs which don't make the official release, live trax release, etc.
That's why I think they should start releasing 1 show a year to the public (in-stores like they did with Piedmont, not a Live Trax album). Because it gives the fans that don't know or really care about the Live Trax series a taste of what the band is currently playing, and then they could keep the Live Trax series strictly archives from the early-mid years.

And I was all for the bonus disc that came with Piedmont, as you're suggesting, to get the other tracks out there that weren't played at Piedmont.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 AM   #152
bigtrain21
 
bigtrain21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,745
I know something you don't know....[Only registered users can see links.]
bigtrain21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #153
TheNoise
Hello, my name is Mr... Snrub.
 
TheNoise's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 22,021
that's not very nice
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #154
sdaltons
 
sdaltons's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain21 View Post
I know something you don't know....[Only registered users can see links.]
i don't know why you'd post this if you don't intend to share
__________________
-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #155
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,134
He wants you all to be surprised when RFK '01 is announced as the next Live Trax, complete with cover art of security guards beating the shit out of people on the field.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #156
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,792
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #157
killymagee
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan34 View Post
He wants you all to be surprised when RFK '01 is announced as the next Live Trax, complete with cover art of security guards beating the shit out of people on the field.

Oh, man. I was hoping for the Scott Stadium show.
__________________
- Matt -
killymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #158
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,792
Hershey '05 please.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #159
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,857
so you guys don't even see it when it is right in front of your eyes, eh????
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #160
drh424s
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,525
If we take one with Roi, then I gotta go with Busch or Hartford Night 2, based on setlist a bit, but moreso, the performances. I know people will disagree with me on this but I still think both of those have the tightest performances of the tour with roi, and moreso, overall.

I like SPAC night 2, but the band was a bit off on more than a few songs in that show.
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08800 seconds with 16 queries