These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #61
Zamboni Guy
Consoler
 
Zamboni Guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
Do you like the Fenway Last Stop? If not, why not?
Yes, very much.
__________________
If I go.... before I'm old
Oh brother of mine please don't forget me if I go...
Zamboni Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #62
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
those shows are solid. i think i have some radio sbds of the 2nd night. i remember the #41 being particularly good. only downer is there's like 7-10 repeats. it's been beaten to death i know, but i really hope the next multi-show release is the dead openers from '95. solid performances for sure, but also no repeats (from a time where a lot of shows were very similar), so you get a pretty good sampling of the material of the time...at least more different songs than the msg shows.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #63
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
those shows are solid. i think i have some radio sbds of the 2nd night. i remember the #41 being particularly good. only downer is there's like 7-10 repeats. it's been beaten to death i know, but i really hope the next multi-show release is the dead openers from '95. solid performances for sure, but also no repeats (from a time where a lot of shows were very similar), so you get a pretty good sampling of the material of the time...at least more different songs than the msg shows.
I'm not saying I want the next LT to be the 96 MSG shows. I am saying that if it is going to be MSG shows I'd rather have the 96 ones over the 02 ones. I know its an unpopular opinion, but the 02 shows are, and yes I'm going to use the word, overrated IMO. I'm sure it was great to be there, but I can think of many many shows I'd rather see released than those two.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #64
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I'm not saying I want the next LT to be the 96 MSG shows. I am saying that if it is going to be MSG shows I'd rather have the 96 ones over the 02 ones. I know its an unpopular opinion, but the 02 shows are, and yes I'm going to use the word, overrated IMO. I'm sure it was great to be there, but I can think of many many shows I'd rather see released than those two.
if its 02 it should be a dvd
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #65
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I'm not saying I want the next LT to be the 96 MSG shows. I am saying that if it is going to be MSG shows I'd rather have the 96 ones over the 02 ones. I know its an unpopular opinion, but the 02 shows are, and yes I'm going to use the word, overrated IMO. I'm sure it was great to be there, but I can think of many many shows I'd rather see released than those two.
ok, i see what you are saying and i agree. there's a lot better '02 shows to release than msg...i can think of at least 10. msg is due a release at some point though, it's inevitable. and '96, '98, and '00 (if we didn't already have n2 sbd) are all better than '02.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #66
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
LT 3 is a great release.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #67
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
LT 3 is a great release.
Absolutely. Great show, and makes for a great representation of the '00 tour.

I don't think I'll ever grow tired of the Jimi Thing from LT 5. Both 'Roi and DRH in particular just rip that up.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #68
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 10,493
Is YMDT from Vegas allowed to be my favorite Live Trax track?
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #69
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan34 View Post
Absolutely. Great show, and makes for a great representation of the '00 tour.

I don't think I'll ever grow tired of the Jimi Thing from LT 5. Both 'Roi and DRH in particular just rip that up.
I like the Jimi from LT4 as well. I know a lot of people don't like that release, but there are some nice tracks on it.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #70
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHsoccer15 View Post
Is YMDT from Vegas allowed to be my favorite Live Trax track?
if you are a n00b.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #71
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I like the Jimi from LT4 as well. I know a lot of people don't like that release, but there are some nice tracks on it.
I'm not a huge fan of the show, but there's absolutely some keepers on there. The Two Step / Say Goodbye beginning is pretty damn sweet.

I like the Vegas Die Trying, but it's definitely not in "favorite track" realm. But hey, whatever you dig.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #72
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 10,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
if you are a n00b.


I just noticed today that it's my most played. Didn't see that coming.
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #73
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
LT 3 is a great release.
Probably my most listened to of the LiveTrax series.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #74
Behrend
 
Behrend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 445
I was just glancing at my Live Trax 6.

I noticed in the liner notes that Can't Stop, Idea of You, Break Free ALL have Dave Matthews band AND Mark Batson credited.

I was shocked.

Shocked.
__________________
Be inspired.
Behrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #75
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,380
you don't say.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #76
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behrend View Post
I was just glancing at my Live Trax 6.

I noticed in the liner notes that Can't Stop, Idea of You, Break Free ALL have Dave Matthews band AND Mark Batson credited.

I was shocked.

Shocked.
old
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #77
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,614
i want a '97 show to be released.. everyone knows that. but i really wouldn't mind seeing this one make it as a LT:
Correggio, Italy - Festa dell' Unita



[Only registered users can see links.]
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #78
RB3
 
RB3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,066
Is there any way to find out how well each LT has sold?
RB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #79
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
i want a '97 show to be released.. everyone knows that. but i really wouldn't mind seeing this one make it as a LT:
Correggio, Italy - Festa dell' Unita



[Only registered users can see links.]
I didn't read that right, and I was like no way that's a '97 show.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #80
toomanychoices
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post
I didn't read that right, and I was like no way that's a '97 show.
If it was it would have been the GREATEST SHOW EVER!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0
And as she climaxed with the force of seven St. Helens, Mr. Norris did not roundhouse kick her to the face.
toomanychoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08902 seconds with 16 queries