These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #2121
mario

Time for another reality check!

[Only registered users can see links.]
58 percent of registered voters expressed concern about a loosening of restrictions, as compared with 32 percent who worried that the restrictions would stay in place for too long.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #2122
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post

A hospital director in Massachussetts describes how the federal government stole PPE from the hospital, this is how he managed to purchase and keep N-95 masks for hospital workers:
Having acquired the requisite funds — more than five times the amount we would normally pay for a similar shipment, but still less than what was being requested by other brokers — we set the plan in motion.

Three members of the supply-chain team and a fit tester were flown to a small airport near an industrial warehouse in the mid-Atlantic region. I arrived by car to make the final call on whether to execute the deal.

Two semi-trailer trucks, cleverly marked as food-service vehicles, met us at the warehouse. When fully loaded, the trucks would take two distinct routes back to Massachusetts to minimize the chances that their contents would be detained or redirected.

Hours before our planned departure, we were told to expect only a quarter of our original order. We went anyway, since we desperately needed any supplies we could get. Upon arrival, we were jubilant to see pallets of KN95 respirators and face masks being unloaded. We opened several boxes, examined their contents, and hoped that this random sample would be representative of the entire shipment.

Before we could send the funds by wire transfer, two Federal Bureau of Investigation agents arrived, showed their badges, and started questioning me. No, this shipment was not headed for resale or the black market. The agents checked my credentials, and I tried to convince them that the shipment of PPE was bound for hospitals. After receiving my assurances and hearing about our health system’s urgent needs, the agents let the boxes of equipment be released and loaded into the trucks.

But I was soon shocked to learn that the Department of Homeland Security was still considering redirecting our PPE. Only some quick calls leading to intervention by our congressional representative prevented its seizure.
There are no words to describe this level of complete insanity from the Federal Government.
This is how I feel every time I pay taxes. Silly liberal.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #2123
Josh.0

Out on my bike and just rode by the Colorado Capitol building where people are lined up for miles protesting the lockdowns. Thousands more on the front lawn. Total cluster, this has to be tens of thousands of people total.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUT

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #2124
mario

Quote:
Out on my bike and just rode by the Colorado Capitol building where people are lined up for miles protesting the lockdowns. Thousands more on the front lawn. Total cluster, this has to be tens of thousands of people total.
Facts hurt.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 04-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #2125
gweeps
homesick android

So is the idea that a second wave would be less destructive because so many people would be asymptomatic?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #2126
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
So is the idea that a second wave would be less destructive because so many people would be asymptomatic?

The idea is that one person in Jacksonville Florida registered a bunch of website domains and tricks the dumbest people in society into participating in these "protests" that represent the frontage of the crime of the minority. And Betsy Devos/Erik prince are funding it.

They are neither real, nor organic, nor representative of even a measurable percentage of society.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #2127
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
you're right, the whole world is freaking out because of politics. china almost completely shut itself down with one of the most draconian quarantines of all time. i'm sure they did that because of politics

the only reason its being politicized right now in your country is because Trump is making it a political issue. "how?" you ask? by having called this a leftist hoax and assuring people that it is being contained ("do you not think this is being contained???") and having his foxnews mouthpiece downplay the severity of this right out of the gate. basically telling states that their governers have to be nice to him if they want federal assistance. maligning any reporter who asks tough questions about the handling of the issue ("FAKE NEWS", "nasty question!", etc etc).. and the cherry on top is now he's inciting people to "LIBERATE" their states. i'm sure its a total coincidence that the three states he wants to LIBERATE have democratic governors.
It’s been politicized on both sides, I’m not giving Trump a pass in it. We’re going to find out the full lockdown wasn’t nessecary at all and the same amount of people would have died regardless. I truly think that’s what will happen as the data comes out, but by then everyone will have moved past this to the point where they don’t care one way or the other. I think it’s Definitley being fear driven to make the economy worse by keeping things shut down longer than nessecary. We’ll see. Clearly many thousands of people feel the same hence these protests.

Not to mention tons of reports alluding to the fact that China purposely withheld information and numbers about the virus, all for political reasons. You’d have to be fairly ignorant to think that there’s not a secondary agenda here, there always is. No one knows what that is, but there are 100% politics involved and it’s not just because of trumps press conferences.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #2128
Josh.0

Quote:
Facts hurt.

Lucky for you I figured you’d look for something suggesting otherwise so I took video myself that I’ll be uploading later. At least 1,000-2,000 (probably much more) on the lawn, two lane traffic backed up for miles. Without a doubt tens of thousands of people total, I’m not saying that with an agenda, I’m saying it as a matter of fact.

It’s that kind of manipulative reporting in the media that makes people think groups such as Trump supporters are a minority voice: while overall they may be a minority compared to progressive voices, they’re no small group. I rode my bike all the way down Lincoln (which is a two lane road) and the backup lasted legitimately for miles. I’m not saying that to argue with you mario, I’m sharing the truth with you.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #2129
Josh.0

Meh trying to be nicer

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 04-19-2020, 05:14 PM   #2130
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It’s been politicized on both sides, I’m not giving Trump a pass in it.
ah yes. "both sides".

Quote:
We’re going to find out the full lockdown wasn’t nessecary at all and the same amount of people would have died regardless. I truly think that’s what will happen as the data comes out, but by then everyone will have moved past this to the point where they don’t care one way or the other. I think it’s Definitley being fear driven to make the economy worse by keeping things shut down longer than nessecary. We’ll see. Clearly many thousands of people feel the same hence these protests.
its truly impossible to overstate how uninformed and idiotic this take is.

Quote:
Clearly many thousands of people feel the same hence these protests.
frankly i don't give a fuck what those people feel. these people are not exactly the best and brightest your society has to offer. facts and viruses don't care about their feelings, or your hunches based on absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Not to mention tons of reports alluding to the fact that China purposely withheld information and numbers about the virus, all for political reasons. You’d have to be fairly ignorant to think that there’s not a secondary agenda here, there always is. No one knows what that is, but there are 100% politics involved and it’s not just because of trumps press conferences.
omg the communist chinese regime headed by a de-facto dictator were not completely honest and upfront about how badly they fucked up? *shocked pikachu face*

what i'm talking about is what they did internally. the chinese people are many things, but they're not fucking dumb. if they found that this virus was deadly enough for them to impose a lockdown the magnitude of which nobody has ever seen, they weren't basing this view on "politics".
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #2131
greykitkat36

Quote:
ah yes. "both sides".

frankly i don't give a fuck what those people feel. these people are not exactly the best and brightest your society has to offer. facts and viruses don't care about their feelings, or your hunches based on absolutely nothing

omg the communist chinese regime headed by a de-facto dictator were not completely honest and upfront about how badly they fucked up? *shocked pikachu face*

what i'm talking about is what they did internally. the chinese people are many things, but they're not fucking dumb. if they found that this virus was deadly enough for them to impose a lockdown the magnitude of which nobody has ever seen, they weren't basing this view on "politics".
1. What’s idiotic and uninformed about my take?

2. That’s fine if you don’t care and think they’re dumb. But if you’re scared you can stay inside and let them get sick. No ones stopping you from continuing to shelter in place.

3. Just because they locked down doesn’t mean they made it better. The data has shown that yes the curve has flattened.. but this is based on the testing data we have and confirmed cases..and even in the US who has done the most testing, we’ve still tested only 1% of the entire population which is absolutely nothing. What if the amount of people who actually have this or have had it is closer to 30 million? We’ll never know that.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #2132
zaphod!

Quote:
1. What’s idiotic and uninformed about my take?
everything? it goes against all common sense and expert opinion.

Quote:
2. That’s fine if you don’t care and think they’re dumb. But if you’re scared you can stay inside and let them get sick. No ones stopping you from continuing to shelter in place.
i'm not staying inside because i'm scared. i'm sheltering in place because its the right fucking thing to do until we have a vaccine or a treatment. thankfully, i live in a country which gives a shit about its citizens, without a leader inciting people to overthrow their local governments, so i don't have to worry all that much.

Quote:
3. Just because they locked down doesn’t mean they made it better. The data has shown that yes the curve has flattened.. but this is based on the testing data we have and confirmed cases..and even in the US who has done the most testing, we’ve still tested only 1% of the entire population which is absolutely nothing. What if the amount of people who actually have this or have had it is closer to 30 million? We’ll never know that.
oh so now you think flattening the curve is a thing? because just one post ago you were talking about how doing nothing would have resulted in the same amount of deaths, indicating that you don't really understand the concept.

"what if" indeed. fortunately for you, you get to insert your uninformed opinion into that space and speak as though you know what you're talking about. unfortunately for us, there's a lot of people like you.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #2133
mario

Quote:

The closest I've ever come to finding words to describe his level of "uninformed and idiotic" was to express bewilderment that he hasn't caused his own death by sticking a fork in a light socket or having a car fall on him while changing a tire or something.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #2134
mario

Quote:
I took video myself that I’ll be uploading later.

Josh claims to be more reputable than the Denver Post and photographic evidence.

*chef's kiss*

Quote:
Old 04-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #2135
Josh.0

Quote:
Josh claims to be more reputable than the Denver Post and photographic evidence.

*chef's kiss*
One of my best friends in town is a reporter for the Denver Post and he’s a hardcore Donald Trump hater who literally low-key marches in every left-wing protest in town. I’ve been at parties with he and his colleagues; they all hate Donald Trump/right wing people and aren’t afraid to tell you. The only reason I’m tolerated is I’m independent and often lean left.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 04-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #2136
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I’m sure it was just a really small neo-nazi protest
Old 04-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #2137
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

The people working at the supermarkets for minimum wage when they could be getting paid more on unemployment are much more “heroic”
Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 AM   #2138
Josh.0

The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks.

NYP correctly reported that thousands of people were at the protests, BTW, as I suspected. I’d say at least 10k just based on the traffic backup, but who really knows. Certainly WAY more than “hundreds.”

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 04-20-2020, 03:30 AM   #2139
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
“97.7% of the total samples tested negative for the virus. Results of the rest will be released in coming days,” the government said in a statement.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #2140
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

The people working at the supermarkets for minimum wage when they could be getting paid more on unemployment are much more “heroic”
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks.

NYP correctly reported that thousands of people were at the protests, BTW, as I suspected. I’d say at least 10k just based on the traffic backup, but who really knows. Certainly WAY more than “hundreds.”

Quoted for posterity. Just a couple evil human beings.

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc