These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I've returned, but could use some help if possible :)

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! It's great to see everyone again. So, I don't know if it was known or not, but I disappeared these past few months. There were some really bad things going on in life, so I took the time to really work on myself, did the necessary things, and fixed my life again. I've missed you all so much and I truly apologize for stepping away. However, I am happy to report that I am now in a great spot again and doing well. I'm enjoying life again for the first time in a very long while.

With that being said, I'm sure that I missed out on a ton of DMB details (I honestly haven't followed anything). I'm sure there are SiriusXM shows that I missed and other cool things. I was curious if you all would be able to help me catch up? If possible, that would be awesome! I will also catch up on the threads as fast as I can, but that may take some time, so I figured I would ask for help as well.

Anyway, I felt nervous to making this type of thread and putting myself out there like this, but I think it helps with continuing to build up my confidence again and reducing anxiety. I hope you all don't mind. Thank you so much . "Long live the Matthews band"
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
Garntd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! It's great to see everyone again. So, I don't know if it was known or not, but I disappeared these past few months. There were some really bad things going on in life, so I took the time to really work on myself, did the necessary things, and fixed my life again. I've missed you all so much and I truly apologize for stepping away. However, I am happy to report that I am now in a great spot again and doing well. I'm enjoying life again for the first time in a very long while.

With that being said, I'm sure that I missed out on a ton of DMB details (I honestly haven't followed anything). I'm sure there are SiriusXM shows that I missed and other cool things. I was curious if you all would be able to help me catch up? If possible, that would be awesome! I will also catch up on the threads as fast as I can, but that may take some time, so I figured I would ask for help as well.

Anyway, I felt nervous to making this type of thread and putting myself out there like this, but I think it helps with continuing to build up my confidence again and reducing anxiety. I hope you all don't mind. Thank you so much . "Long live the Matthews band"

Welcome back! not much to catch up on. New album is coming at some point. New Live Trax sucks and is a head scratcher on why it's being released.

The most significant thing to come out of the last year is a 1 hour Dave & Carter set.
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
sean52692
You failed this band

Great to have you back, man! Glad to hear you are doing better.

A few things:

-The Dave and Carter set is absolutely something you want to go check out immediately.

-We had a few great new shows released on Sirius - most notably a previously uncirculated 1996 show -12/27/96, which is a must listen. You may have been around over the summer when we got the 2/16/96 D&T show but if not - definitely grab that one too. We also got 7/2/04, 8/19/08, 7/5/03, and a couple others. All worth checking out.

-Fonzy posted a few cool videos of him playing bass along to some DMB songs and a couple other covers on his twitter page.

-LT 53 and 54 are solid. 54 is Cow Palace 1996.

-Haven't heard anything about the 2021 tour yet.

-Another Sirius fan request Dave solo show is coming up in a couple weeks.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post

Hey Chris, glad to hear things are back on an even keel for you.

This place still carries on, though the daily usage has shrunk dramatically over the past year. Some of that is obviously due to Covid, but also because we really haven't had anything significant from DMB aside from touring, live releases of various kinds and a mostly patchwork studio album in almost a decade. So not a lot has changed.

There was another great Dave request show in early October. [Only registered users can see links.]

The shows mentioned above can be found on Dreamingtree and this handy link from klillyblad: [Only registered users can see links.]

(D&T 2/16/96 SiriusXM release: [Only registered users can see links.] )

Also, the Almanac has a running list of the SiriusXM shows on their front page.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
klillyblad

Welcome back! Here's another link to a [Only registered users can see links.] folder which is a catch-all for shows pre2020. It should be sorted with most recent uploads first.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:56 AM   #6
DMBCLSTJ

Welcome back!! Glad you doing well! The Dave and Carter set along with the December 1996 show from the SiriusXM broadcast are 2 highlights for sure
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
ThememanXX

Great to hear, keep up the good work!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:47 AM   #8
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Looks like everyone covered the goings on, so I'll just say, "welcome back dude!"

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #9
JamSession v2.0
I've made a huge mistake.

Long live the Matthews Band.

Welcome back.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #10
blumathu

Glad you're back!
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #11
celluloid hero

I thought about you all the time when I was playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they called people in every cutscene "malakas"
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #12
batleon

Good for you for taking a step back and taking care of yourself. Not an easy decision to make. Glad you're doing better.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:56 AM   #13
NiCK (Crush)

Welcome back, glad to hear you are doing well.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #14
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by klillyblad View Post
Welcome back! Here's another link to a [Only registered users can see links.] folder which is a catch-all for shows pre2020. It should be sorted with most recent uploads first.
This is an amazing list, definitely pulling down a few of these today.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc