These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #81
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Someone hoping the band switches every solo spot is not being realistic.
Not every solo spot, but some of them. I know it's not something they've done in the past, but it's something they 100% should do now, because they're a different band.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #82
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Not being an ass here, but are you familiar with DMB’s body of work?
Unfortunately yes, yes I am.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #83
NewAgedNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Not being an ass here, but are you familiar with DMBís body of work?
People like to imagine that someday MIRACULOUSLY (and in the twilight years of their career no less) that DMB is suddenly going to start doing things they've never done ever, and are mad that they aren't already!
NewAgedNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #84
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgedNerd View Post
People like to imagine that someday MIRACULOUSLY (and in the twilight years of their career no less) that DMB is suddenly going to start doing things they've never done ever, and are mad that they aren't already!
Nostalgia is fickle beast.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #85
greykitkat36

Iím not going to see this band live again until the sax solo is back in 41. We should start a protest on social media to get it back. Seriously.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #86
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Iím not going to see this band live again until the sax solo is back in 41. We should start a protest on social media to get it back. Seriously.
Maybe it's because we've been suffering through a worldwide pandemic for almost a year, but that came off to me like such an annoyingly whiny post.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #87
Mersh

Quote:
Like, seriously, seriously?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:31 PM   #88
NewAgedNerd

People want DMB to do different stuff UNLESS IT'S THE DIFFERENT STUFF THAT I DONT LIKE THEN I HATE IT.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #89
DIDO36

It’s simple. Just put Jeff only solos on stuff like 41, Seek Up, Typical, Rapunzel, PM, Grey Street, and Warehouse. It would remove a lot of the clutter. Probably won’t happen unfortunately. I would be content if this band got striped down. I don’t need Rashawn, and honesty I really don’t need Tim. Rashawn in particular is annoying. I don’t like his style nor do I really like trumpet in DMB. I know someone is going to argue that Rashawn is needed because he’s some type of musical genius. Not true, if you watched any of that Dave and Carter set. That was an excellent reminder of old school DMB. Why do they NEED Rashawn?
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:26 PM   #90
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Rashawn is fine on Typical. For all the rest: yep.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:26 PM   #91
gweeps
homesick android

Rashawn is great when he uses the muted trumpet.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 PM   #92
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
Why do they NEED Rashawn?
They don't but the guys in the band like him a lot. And, to the rest of the band, he's the official bridge between Roi and 4.0 in their minds. I believe they mentioned that he embodies Roi's "spirit" in a sense. So, unfortunately, he's here to stay. I didn't mind him at all in 18/19, I think he's really toned it back a lot, and he's not stepping on Jeff's toes as much as he was in previous years.

To me he isn't the biggest problem, it comes down to what someone said earlier in the thread...they try to make every single song sound so "big" now and that approach just totally destroys a lot of songs that rely on nuance and subtlety, like OSW.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:27 AM   #93
DIDO36

Quote:
They don't but the guys in the band like him a lot. And, to the rest of the band, he's the official bridge between Roi and 4.0 in their minds. I believe they mentioned that he embodies Roi's "spirit" in a sense. So, unfortunately, he's here to stay. I didn't mind him at all in 18/19, I think he's really toned it back a lot, and he's not stepping on Jeff's toes as much as he was in previous years.

To me he isn't the biggest problem, it comes down to what someone said earlier in the thread...they try to make every single song sound so "big" now and that approach just totally destroys a lot of songs that rely on nuance and subtlety, like OSW.
I don’t know man, for one I just don’t like his style. I don’t really believe he’s dialed it back at all really. He still goes for the most high pitched notes in all of the songs I mentioned, and probably several more I’m forgetting. I also don’t like trumpet in DMB really. It sounds good on crush, but even that I would prefer sax. Your OSW example is why you don’t need two horns instrument in the music. If that’s just Jeff playing OSW, it sounds a lot cleaner and less in your face. Just don’t need two horns playing the same thing, and that happens a lot. It’s like time doubling Dave. To me Jeff on his own is a lot more tasteful.

With that said, I really do like 2018 a lot better in comparison to later 3.0. This live trax what ever the fuck from number form 7.7.18 is an really good listen. I’ve been listening to this the last few days. They sound pretty great, and were playing well. Terrible set, but that’s a different issue. Buddy is really good on stuff like warehouse, just wish he was much higher in the mix. Turn Buddy up when he playing piano! Do I need to start making turn Buddy up shirts? Just like those turn JB up shirts that WSP fans made lol.

2019 they sounded a little more flat to me though. Maybe a bit more rushed too, and more back to the loud and fast style.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:01 AM   #94
DIDO36

My point has been made clear enough, and this is beating a dead horse, but I’m going to post it anyway. I LOVE this 7.7.18 So Right, and many from this era. Guess who’s barely playing, and just standing there? Guess who’s soloing?
Old 02-13-2021, 07:30 AM   #95
celluloid hero

Of all songs to say that about. So Right is a weird one to pick. The versions Ross took the solo were awesome, too.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #96
NewAgedNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Of all songs to say that about. So Right is a weird one to pick. The versions Ross took the solo were awesome, too.
The urge to dunk on Rashawn defies any impulse for logic.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #97
sean52692
You failed this band

Not a huge Rashawn guy. I think people just love the sport of hating on him.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #98
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Rashawn is great when he uses the muted trumpet.
He is. And that is it. That said, can not stand the guy. Ruined DMB the most to me.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #99
greykitkat36

I think with rashawn gone, wed still have most of the problems. It would help but I think youíd all see heís not the only issue.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:44 PM   #100
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Not a huge Rashawn guy. I think people just love the sport of hating on him.
Too bad 'cause he's a huge Rashawn guy.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc