These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you take the COVID-19 vaccine now that it痴 been approved?
Yes 39 95.12%
No 2 4.88%
Other (Explain) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #21
somf4eva

Got my first shot last Friday. Second is 16 April. I am in the Army’s Honor Guard in DC, but it was pretty hard to obtain a dose.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:25 AM   #22
mja271

First shot scheduled for Sunday, second one 4/26
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:01 PM   #23
simbro

got my first shot on monday and my 2nd is 4/19
Old 04-01-2021, 12:27 AM   #24
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Just got my invite. Pfizer 1 on Monday. Pfizer 2 the day before my birthday at the end of the month. Nice present
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
getting my first shot Thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Crazy story.

When I got my first shot last Friday, I walked in and did my paperwork, and as I was doing that I saw a man pacing, and visibly shaking. Didn't think too much about it until he was sitting there about to get the needle in his arm. As soon as the nurse pulled it out of his arm, the dude passes out HARD, like pounding on his chest and he still won't respond. Finally about 20 seconds later (felt like an hour) he comes out of it.

Everyone was freaking out (accept the awesome nurse administering the vaccines) thinking it was the vaccine that made him pass out. Turns out the dude forgot to tell the nurse of his extreme phobia of needles and that he has passed out before when taking any shot. Talk about an exciting first dose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somf4eva View Post
Got my first shot last Friday. Second is 16 April. I am in the Army痴 Honor Guard in DC, but it was pretty hard to obtain a dose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
First shot scheduled for Sunday, second one 4/26
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbro View Post
got my first shot on monday and my 2nd is 4/19

Congrats to all of you! After you get your second shot, don't be shocked if you get mild flu like symptoms. Try to stay hydrated. And hopefully the second shot doesn't put you on your ass for the day.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:02 AM   #25
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I have a live 75 minute lecture at 8 am, a full day of work, and a 90 minute presentation at 7 pm the day after my second shot. Here goes
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:33 PM   #26
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I have a live 75 minute lecture at 8 am, a full day of work, and a 90 minute presentation at 7 pm the day after my second shot. Here goes

I wouldn't let it stress you out. Just throwing it out there that it could happen. I, and three other employees all received the Moderna shot on the same day. All 4 of us have had our second shot. I had mild symptoms and one other employee claims he was sick all day. The two other employees had no symptoms. There were two other employees who both received both doses of the Pfizer shot. Neither had symptoms after their second shot. And lastly, three other employees have received the Johnson & Johnson shot. None of them had symptoms after the shot. I did have a customer tell me both he and his wife had received both shots of the Pfizer vaccine and after the second shot it put them both on their butt. It's a total hit or miss. Good luck to you. Hopefully you won't have symptoms.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #27
jeff1818

Moderna #1 scheduled for this Saturday. I made an appt the first day I was eligible.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:41 PM   #28
Mersh

I felt ill after my 2nd dose of moderna, but it lasted for about 24 hours and it wasn’t terrible. Worst comes to worst you feel kind of shitty for a day.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #29
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I wouldn't let it stress you out. Just throwing it out there that it could happen. I, and three other employees all received the Moderna shot on the same day. All 4 of us have had our second shot. I had mild symptoms and one other employee claims he was sick all day. The two other employees had no symptoms. There were two other employees who both received both doses of the Pfizer shot. Neither had symptoms after their second shot. And lastly, three other employees have received the Johnson & Johnson shot. None of them had symptoms after the shot. I did have a customer tell me both he and his wife had received both shots of the Pfizer vaccine and after the second shot it put them both on their butt. It's a total hit or miss. Good luck to you. Hopefully you won't have symptoms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I felt ill after my 2nd dose of moderna, but it lasted for about 24 hours and it wasn稚 terrible. Worst comes to worst you feel kind of shitty for a day.

I should add, my symptoms started to appear approximately 16 hours after my second shot.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #30
Mersh

Mine started about 8 hours after. I was still able to go to work the next day, just felt off.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #31
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Mine started about 8 hours after. I was still able to go to work the next day, just felt off.
About 24 hours after my 2nd shot from Pfizer, my temperature rose to 101 and i started getting the chills. I took a long 4 hour nap, woke up fine.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #32
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

got the pfizer shot and get the 2nd on the 24th.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:59 AM   #33
Wildcats82

I felt fine when I woke up this morning, except a little soreness in the arm. But as soon as I stood up and it all went downhill. I'm dizzy as can be and had trouble keeping my balance just walking around
Old 04-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #34
Josh.0

I知 getting my first dose later today and I知 not looking forward to it, especially knowing I already have the antibodies and T cell markers.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #35
gweeps
homesick android

We also need to remember these are new vaccines for a virus that can really wallop you if you're unfortunate. Obviously people know this, but I wonder if they really know it because the reporting of after effects makes me think there is suspicion as to their safety.

It is interesting reading about the various "symptoms" people are having. I'm sure whenever I get my shot(s?) I will report on how things went, too. To reassure others if nothing else, I guess.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:17 AM   #36
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I知 getting my first dose later today and I知 not looking forward to it, especially knowing I already have the antibodies and T cell markers.
Then don't get it. Wait until there's data on possible needed booster shots for next year or whatever. I mean, if P1 takes off we'll all probably need one regardless of natural infection or vaccination.

But if it's recommended for your work, or it's just going to sit around and go off, why not perhaps get some heightened immune response? It can't hurt.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #37
Wildcats82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
We also need to remember these are new vaccines for a virus that can really wallop you if you're unfortunate. Obviously people know this, but I wonder if they really know it because the reporting of after effects makes me think there is suspicion as to their safety.

It is interesting reading about the various "symptoms" people are having. I'm sure whenever I get my shot(s?) I will report on how things went, too. To reassure others if nothing else, I guess.
I'm not really worried about the safety, just sharing as others have. Some people get sick after flu shots. Every time I've received a vaccine I've had to wait 15 minutes before being allowed to leave the office.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:16 AM   #38
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Then don't get it. Wait until there's data on possible needed booster shots for next year or whatever. I mean, if P1 takes off we'll all probably need one regardless of natural infection or vaccination.

But if it's recommended for your work, or it's just going to sit around and go off, why not perhaps get some heightened immune response? It can't hurt.
I want to travel internationally again ASAP, and all signs are pointing to this being the only way I値l be able to do it.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:08 AM   #39
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I want to travel internationally again ASAP, and all signs are pointing to this being the only way I値l be able to do it.
Oh yeah. I forgot you'd mentioned that.

It's a brave new world and, apparently, we're all in this together.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:09 PM   #40
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Will you take the COVID-19 vaccine? (Dec 2020 poll)

My fianc got the second shot Tuesday morning and we went down to Phoenix to hang with family/see a show this week. My aunt and uncle are fully vaccinated as of Tuesday. My aunt had confirmed C19 in December and STILL cannot taste/smell. She doesn稚 seem nervous, though. Doctor said it could be 6 months and they値l keep an eye on it. She is in great spirits and is just eating salads, veggies, and other healthy things, including things she normally wouldn稚 eat because it makes no difference. Thought that was a funny/practical approach

My lady痴 only real symptom was a shooting headache for 2-3hrs last evening (Thurs, over 48hrs from the shot). Gone before she was asleep. Woke up feeling fine and aside from that has nothing but a sore arm. According to statistics, anecdotes, and Murphy痴 Law, I am in for it after my second shot
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc