These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #1561
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This is a great 30 minute presentation from Gavin Schmidt on climate seen from space.

Quote:
NASA Senior Climate Advisor Gavin Schmidt speaks about Earth observations from space and their unique perspective on climate. During the lecture, he explored the emerging science of extreme event attribution and what the next decade might hold.
[Only registered users can see links.]

And this is a great TED Talk from him 6 years ago...watched it multiple times over the years.

Quote:
In this illuminating talk, he explains how he studies the big picture of climate change with mesmerizing models that illustrate the endlessly complex interactions of small-scale environmental events.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #1562
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This is great. She has a site with her published articles: [Only registered users can see links.]

Old 03-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #1563
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Like this one: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 03-30-2021, 09:07 AM   #1564
ggies
Sugar Will '04

If you haven't seen this one yet, I highly recommend it. We love all things David Attenborough and have watched everything he has put out...even owning the Planet Earth series on Bluray when that was a thing to do.

We just watched this last night and man is it powerful. There's nobody more qualified to tell it like it is than this man....

Quote:
In this unique feature documentary, titled David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet, the celebrated naturalist reflects upon both the defining moments of his lifetime and the devastating changes he has seen
Old 03-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #1565
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Great new presentation from Katharine Hayhoe:

Old 04-01-2021, 07:34 AM   #1566
ggies
Sugar Will '04

yeah buddy!

Quote:
Apple is constructing one of the largest battery projects in the country, California Flats — an industry-leading, grid-scale energy storage project capable of storing 240 megawatt-hours of energy, enough to power over 7,000 homes for one day.
Quote:
85 Tesla Megapack battery units.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #1567
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
In places, BlackRock’s findings are redacted, so as not to show the size of particular holdings, but the conclusions are clear: after examining “divestment actions by hundreds of funds worldwide,” the BlackRock analysts concluded that the portfolios “experienced no negative financial impacts from divesting from fossil fuels. In fact, they found evidence of modest improvement in fund return.” The report’s executive summary states that “no investors found negative performance from divestment; rather, neutral to positive results.” In the conclusion to the report, the BlackRock team used a phrase beloved by investors: divested portfolios “outperformed their benchmarks.”
Old 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #1568
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I was just going back through this thread trying to find an article I posted a couple of years ago to show someone at a later time, and I came across this post below. I bring this up to show and verify that Tesla has never been a fraud, that Elon does not lie, and that hopefully it gives cred to this thread I've been maintaining over the years.

So this was post #1073 on 7.25.19:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man
Tesla marches on toward bankruptcy. Their product mix is skewing heavily toward the model 3 a very low margin vehicle, so of course the losses are mounting. Elon Musk continues to lie about anything he can.
ME -

Quote:
You look silly again. Moving towards the less expensive, higher produced model has always been the goal for Tesla. If you had listened to the Q2 conference call last night, you would have heard Elon reiterate this again:
Quote:
Colin W. Rusch -- Oppenheimer & Co Inc. -- Analyst

Okay. And can I have a follow-up question around Model S and Model X saturation? Obviously, you guys have some ideas around how big that market is? How should we be thinking about sustainable volumes and pricing on those volumes? Obviously, we're seeing some lower numbers here, and I think that's a core element of what's going on with the story that as we see pricing drop and volumes drop, what are the right numbers to think about you guys from a planning standpoint in terms of sell-through on both the Model S and Model X?

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer

Yeah, I think it's probably too much focus on S and X. And the S and X are -- and they are nice, but they're not -- and it's like without them, we couldn't spell sexy. So the main reason the reason -- well, it's not the main reason, but a reason, is we want to keep spelling sexy. So that's not a reason, I should say not the main reason but to keep going with the S and X. But the story for Tesla future is fundamentally Model 3 and Model Y and I think like my guess is like long-term sales of anything a couple of years, I think. The demand for -- sales demand for 3 is like in the order of 0.75 million units a year, and it's probably 1.25 million per year for Model Y and combined like it's maybe 2 million from those two vehicles and then S/X is like may be 80,000 to 100,000 a year. So it's like 4% or 5% of the volume in 3 and Y. And then truck throw a truck in there, pickup truck and a semi, it just gets smaller and smaller. So there -- there are great products, but there -- from a volume standpoint, they're not all that important in the long term.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesla's 2021 Q1 results were mostly 3 and Y due to the revamp of the S and X lines that will produce the updated cars. But the fact that this was their best Q1 with mostly 3 and Y says it all.....

Old 04-15-2021, 01:59 PM   #1569
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Technology improvements and the resulting price declines already have rendered solar and wind generation resources the least-cost option in much of the U.S. During the next two to three years the accelerating shift will be transformative, the IEEFA said.

Solar plus storage is currently economically competitive, and costs are almost certain to decline.
And here is the actual report the article is based on:

Lots of details, but thought this was important to post:

Quote:
It is important to note these estimates are subsidy-free costs. NextEra expects to be able to compete on price even without the extension of the existing production tax or investment tax credits, or the creation of a storage tax credit, which is currently being discussed in Congress. Indeed, the economics are so compelling that NextEra estimated in its year end 2020 financial presentation that it would install between 4,350MW and 6,300MW of battery storage capacity through 2024.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:00 AM   #1570
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Porsche buyers are flocking in droves to the brand’s Taycan sedan, with sales of the all-electric model almost matching those of the iconic 911 sports car.

Porsche delivered 9,072 Taycans during the first quarter, trailing the 911 by 61 units, the brand owned by Volkswagen AG said Friday in a statement. The manufacturer unveiled its first purely battery-powered model that’s competing for customers with Tesla Inc.’s Model S in 2019.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #1571
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post

Porsche buyers are flocking in droves to the brand’s Taycan sedan, with sales of the all-electric model almost matching those of the iconic 911 sports car.

Porsche delivered 9,072 Taycans during the first quarter, trailing the 911 by 61 units, the brand owned by Volkswagen AG said Friday in a statement. The manufacturer unveiled its first purely battery-powered model that’s competing for customers with Tesla Inc.’s Model S in 2019.
whatever gets more EVs on the road...

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc