These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #121
Josh.0

I haven’t run into that with Eric, though going back to Peterson I do sometimes run into that with him (particularly on the two or three occasions I’ve tried to listen to his YouTube lectures).

Lex Friedman, whom I also like, is another one that sometimes goes off into randomness and I wish he’d pull it back because he does have some pretty fascinating insight, particularly for someone his age. He’s best talking about automation-related topics, but then sometimes he busts out a poem or guitar and it’s like “can we please skip this dude?”

I love, LOVE Rhonda Patrick, though. Both she and Bret Weinstein, when they’re on Rogan or if I can catch them in other interviews, are always “I drop everything and listen to whatever they have to say” for me.

Patrick was where I first heard about T Cell immunity and COVID. She was way, WAY ahead on the research when it came to that particular topic. She was discussing papers that were still being written on it at the time, I believe around last April, which prompted me to look into it. She’s incredibly smart and should be a much, much bigger household name than she currently is.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #122
gweeps
homesick android

I still wonder why Osterholm has rarely mentioned T cell immunity. I guess he just doesn't think it plays a large enough role. Or dare I say he's simply uneducated?
Old 04-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #123
Josh.0

He probably doesn’t think the average person cares at that level. They just want to know “will I be immune or not” and the answer is “short term because of your initial antibody response, long-term because of antibodies generated by T-cells.” The quicker way of saying that is “most likely, yes” haha.

He mostly, I think, is trying to speak to the layman, it’s just nerds like us that care about the details.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #124
Mersh

NPR’s Throughline is a good listen.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:09 AM   #125
Josh.0

Right on cue Rogan posted a new podcast with Eric Weinstein

Three hours and fifteen minutes too, so it’s gotta be good.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #126
gweeps
homesick android

I really wish he was still putting them up through iTunes. I liked being able to download them and save them for later.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:27 PM   #127
sean52692
You failed this band

I was glad to see Peterson resurface, I know he was dealing with some pretty serious medical issues.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #128
zaphod!
for josh:

Here it is, my full TDC heel turn. I’m daring to share what I think is an amazing conversation between Chris Hayes, whom I greatly admire, and John McWhorter, whom many don’t

I highly, HIGHLY recommend folks listen to this. It’s extremely thoughtful, powerful, and engaging. It’s such a great interview, and no, you’re not “woke-left” for checking it out (Hayes is on more the left, McWhorter is more in the center...which is okay).

[Only registered users can see links.]

Spoiler:
i'm mostly team McWhorter on this one, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who actually reads what i post instead of simply trying to attack me

Last edited by zaphod!; 04-05-2021 at 12:33 PM.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc