These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #101
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post

this would be around the time when - if you shuffled around a few names - someone would rag on you for whiteknight'ing, or holding water, or whatever shit.

josh is a big boy with big boy pants. he wants to pretend to be a victim when in fact he's the biggest fucking bully on here who is now playing the victim because he's getting called on his shit. don't fall for his little act.
So go after his ideas, not him. Your personal opinion of his character should not impede your ability to dissect his thoughts if necessary.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:34 AM   #102
Josh.0

As for the podcast (let’s ignore Z, he won’t stop) let me know if you check that out, Gweeps. I think you’d enjoy their discussion.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:36 AM   #103
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
So go after his ideas, not him. Your personal opinion of his character should not impede your ability to dissect his thoughts if necessary.
i have. every time, he reverts to personal attacks, and then i respond in kind. i'm not pretending to be above it all, but i also am not going to fall for his little act either.

just look at his behaviour in the politics thread. its the same story every time. something gets discussed, he comes in with his "ideas", they get challenged, he throws a fit and everything goes to shit.

and this isn't just for me. he does this to everyone. look at how he flipped on fig yesterday the moment he saw fig didn't agree with him. at that very moment, it was clear to josh that fig was in league with mario and i and that we were conspiring against him.

zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #104
zaphod!
for josh:

you can start reading here: [Only registered users can see links.]

notice who's the one who started with the person attacks there. notice who is playing the victim now. its an act. don't fall for it.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #105
Josh.0

Gweeps, he literally never engages in conversations around ideas. Again, just search his posting history, though you’re active enough here that I suspect you’re already aware of this.

Again, this is his act: he trolls, when he gets called out, he pretends to be the victim. It’s called DARVO, and he pulls it all the time on these boards with anyone that disagrees with him.

He’s just not bright enough to actually engage in conversation, so he trolls. I’ve never seen him make a thoughtful point in either the COVID or Politics threads, or anywhere, really. He’s an aging man in a 16-year-old’s sneakers.

Again: for real, just ignore him. He wants the attention badly. Eventually if you ignore him he gets bored and goes back to ufck or Twitter.

Edit: I encourage you to read what he just posted, actually. You’ll see I actually didn’t attack anyone, I called people out for not respecting the opinions of other posters “lolwut” and dismissing ideas as “apolitical,” and for rev, Mario, and Z trying to pile-on posters that don’t agree with their ideas.

He’s counting on you and everyone else not to actually click it or read it but to take his word for it that’s he’s not massively exaggerating the context of the actual conversation. But click it. Read it. You’ll see what he’s doing.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #106
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
As for the podcast (letís ignore Z, he wonít stop) let me know if you check that out, Gweeps. I think youíd enjoy their discussion.
I'll probably listen to it over the weekend. God there's so much to listen to in this world.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:44 AM   #107
zaphod!
for josh:

josh is treating this like a trial. okay. here's a very recent example of me discussing a thing and guess who comes in and takes it off the rails?

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 04-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #108
Josh.0

We’ve already made the mistake of engaging his trolling, BTW, which is what he wants. Click his link, read it, realize he’s insane, then ignore him.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:46 AM   #109
Josh.0

Quote:
I'll probably listen to it over the weekend. God there's so much to listen to in this world.
If you’re not familiar with Bret Weinstein you should look at some of his interviews. He’s a fascinating guy with an extensive background in biological research. One of the smartest and somehow still very humble humans I’ve ever watched in an interview.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #110
Josh.0

His brother, Bret, is also brilliant. Sometimes (both being academics at the top of their industry) they’ll interview each other and I could listen to them speak for days. Eric has a podcast called, I believe, The Portal (I haven’t listened in a while, he doesn’t post new episodes often). You’d dig it.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #111
gweeps
homesick android

Anyway, I'm not too familiar with Peterson except for the furor he receives from detractors, and his recent personal tribulations. Agreed with some of what he's said and disagreed with other stuff, but haven't done a deep dive.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:53 AM   #112
zaphod!
for josh:

here's a shocker that josh might have trouble wrapping his brain around: i like the weinsteins as well. i don't always agree with them, but i'm subscribed to their youtube channels and podcasts.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #113
zaphod!
for josh:

and while i'm not a huge fan of peterson - i think sam harris did a good job pointing out the weakness in his handwaving religious babbling - i have read his 12 Rules For Life book and i don't think he's always been accurately portrayed by his detractors. his interview with that lady on bbc (?) was a masterclass in how to handle someone trying to misrepresent you.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #114
zaphod!
for josh:

am i still a woke left twitter idiot? i guess it depends on how much josh disagrees with what i'm saying in the moment.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #115
Josh.0

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not too familiar with Peterson except for the furor he receives from detractors, and his recent personal tribulations. Agreed with some of what he's said and disagreed with other stuff, but haven't done a deep dive.
That’s how I feel about Peterson. For years I’d heard horrible things about him, so to my shock the first time I sat down and actually gave him a listen I couldn’t help but think “wait, what the fuck are people talking about? He’s a decent guy.” It’s that he’s right wing that sets people off the rails far, far too prematurely, which is a shame because he does have a lot of very salient thoughts/points. He also means well; when you catch the first 30 minutes he almost breaks down several times at how apparently disappointed he is in himself that he can’t do more to help the people that reach out to him. It’s heartbreaking, raw, and gives you a look into who he genuinely is.

Spoiler:
BTW, I recommending ignoring that Z is now trying to engage in the conversation. It’s just so that now we’ll pay attention to him, and the minute we do, he’ll go back to his usual trolling. Look at his posting history: 95% of the time, it’s his move.

He has no genuine interest in discussing the Weinsteins.

Edit: See? No sooner did I call this that he posted his third comment above. It’s always about starting a fight. People that love platforms like Twitter love them for a reason.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #116
gweeps
homesick android

Yeah, I've listened to Eric Weinstein on Rogan. Some of the discussion is way over my head, but still you immediately tell he is nowhere near the realm of being a dullard.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:03 AM   #117
Josh.0

Quote:
Yeah, I've listened to Eric Weinstein on Rogan. Some of the discussion is way over my head, but still you immediately tell he is nowhere near the realm of being a dullard.
That’s where I first discovered him too. I was fascinated by Bret’s discussion around telomeres and their link with cancerous cell development. And how his research was effectively stolen and the woman that stole the research won, I believe, a Nobel prize.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:06 AM   #118
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Edit: See? No sooner did I call this that he posted his third comment above. Itís always about starting a fight.
you're such a huge baby. you can sure dish it out when you want to, but you cannot take an iota of pushback before reverting to the biggest victim on this board. classic bully behaviour.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #119
Josh.0

Gweeps, you’ll love this:

Old 04-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #120
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Eric is too far into outer space for me. He wanders, I can't follow him half the time.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc