These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #81
blumathu

Conan O'brien's new podcast is great as well.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #82
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
The Ron Burgundy Podcast is pretty funny.
That was a delight.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #83
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgadt View Post
That was a delight.
Yeah, I wasnít sure how they were going to make that work, exactly, but it was basically exactly what youíd expect from a podcast with that name.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #84
morgadt

Marons tribute to his girlfriend was sad, but cathartic. I wanted to check out her films.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:31 AM   #85
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgadt View Post
Marons tribute to his girlfriend was sad, but cathartic. I wanted to check out her films.
Yeah. The next comedy I watch will probably be Sword of Trust. Also, I need to catch up on two of his specials, one older and his latest, which was directed by her.

Life is strange...

And Rogan is moving exclusively to Spotify at year's end.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #86
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
And Rogan is moving exclusively to Spotify at year's end.
Hopefully the other major podcasts don't follow his lead. I have Apple Music, not Spotify, i'm not going to purchase another streaming subscription.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #87
Bluewater34
Is Old

Yeah, it will definitely suck if podcasts become more like TV, where you have to subscribe to multiple services just to get all the shows you want.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #88
morgadt

I thought you could listen to the podcasts on Basic. I didnít think it was like Stitcher.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:40 PM   #89
Josh.0

Here it is, my full TDC heel turn. I’m daring to share what I think is an amazing conversation between Bret Weinstein, whom I greatly admire, and Jordan Peterson, whom many don’t (and most for reasons they probably don’t quite understand, they were just told he’s evil and assumed it to be true).

I highly, HIGHLY recommend folks watch this. It’s extremely thoughtful, powerful, and engaging, particularly when Peterson talks about his struggle with depression. It’s such a great interview, and no, you’re not “alt-right” for checking it out (Peterson is conservative, Weinstein is liberal...which is okay).

tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:04 PM   #90
gweeps
homesick android

Aside from Dr. Osterholm's podcast, I also occasionally listen to Joe Rogan, BBC's In Our Time, Freakonomics, Behind the Bastards, Marc Maron's WTF and Mick Garris's Post Mortem. There are others but they're sporadically.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:58 PM   #91
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Here it is, my full TDC heel turn. Iím daring to share what I think is an amazing conversation between Eric Weinstein, whom I greatly admire, and Jordan Peterson, whom many donít (and most for reasons they probably donít quite understand, they were just told heís evil and assumed it to be true).

I highly, HIGHLY recommend folks watch this. Itís extremely thoughtful, powerful, and engaging, particularly when Peterson talks about his struggle with depression. Itís such a great interview, and no, youíre not ďalt-rightĒ for checking it out (Peterson is conservative, Weinstein is liberal...which is okay).

You have to frame things a little less condescendingly in your sales pitches. :-)
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:31 AM   #92
Josh.0

I should provide some context for that.

From your point of view, I understand why that comes across that way. But here’s why I wrote what I did: Jordan Peterson is a big-time left-wing bogeyman. He’s regularly smeared as being alt-right - if you ever listen to him you know he’s not - because he’s part of what a lot of people on the left call the “intellectual dark web” (you’ve probably heard of it) with the likes of Joe Rogan, Eric and Bret Weinstein, Dave Rubin, Sam Harris (or at least formerly Sam Harris), etc.

The last time I shared a podcast by someone from the (horribly named) IDW, Dave Rubin, I spent the better part of a year here being followed, harassed, and accused of being some alt-right, faux centrist white supremacist sympathizer/grifter supporter. Of course, none of the people I just named are any of those things whatsoever (their opinions, in the occasional moments I seek them out among many others on the left and right, appear genuine to me) but alas the wokes have their narratives and won’t ever think twice about trying to bury you with them.

I need to reiterate: the last time I shared something from someone that identifies as part of the “IDW,” I was followed and harassed on here for over a year. My posts were constantly singled out by someone I was hardly engaging with, that I don’t even know. All because the person has some excessive hatred of Dave Rubin and I dared share like three minutes of Dave Rubin’s content. This harassment/constant annoyance didn’t happen like 2-3 times. It didn’t happen 50 times. It’s happened literally hundreds of times, completely unprovoked. Over and over and over. It’s borderline psychotic.

That’s what the condescension was for. I don’t think you knew all of that, so I genuinely understand your point of view. But I thought I’d explain the rationale behind why I worded that post the way I did, because unfortunately in 2021 if you dare veer away from popular Twitter narratives you’re often in for a fight that you didn’t ask for. Bow down or get badgered, forever.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-03-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #93
zaphod!
for josh:

what a heel turn, from bully to victim.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #94
Josh.0

You see, Rob?
Old 04-02-2021, 08:13 AM   #95
zaphod!
for josh:

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!

i think i've called you out on your Enlightened Centrist bullshit about a handful of times. it may have seemed like hundreds of times to you because you become a sanctimonious drama queen every time anyone dares to disagree with you.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #96
Josh.0

I rest my case, Rob.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #97
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
what a heel turn, from bully to victim.
Why don't you just leave him alone? Jesus.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #98
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Why don't you just leave him alone? Jesus.

this would be around the time when - if you shuffled around a few names - someone would rag on you for whiteknight'ing, or holding water, or whatever shit.

josh is a big boy with big boy pants. he wants to pretend to be a victim when in fact he's the biggest fucking bully on here who is now playing the victim because he's getting called on his shit. don't fall for his little act.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:31 AM   #99
Josh.0

Gweeps, look at his posting history. 95%+ of them at @ or in reference to me. It’s weird, I don’t know what to do about it but mostly ignore him. He’s embarrassing himself because a lot of other people also notice it, but alas, we don’t try to limit free speech here and he takes advantage of it. Honestly, I support his right to keep coming @ me, I don’t try to censor people the way he surely thinks Twitter should.

But in short, he got triggered by something I said at some point of time (I couldn’t tell you what it is) and since then there’s been no going back. He’s sick, like I think actually, literally sick.

Just search “Enlightened Centrist” and filter by his name. You’ll see. Then he comes in here and says he’s only said that a handful of times. He struggles to keep up with his own delusion.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #100
zaphod!
for josh:

more projection

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc