These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Overall, eliminating circumstantial bias, do you like Everyday?
Yes 91 56.88%
No 69 43.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #61
mrchattr
My office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidroc View Post
I think Bayou and AB Intro live are better than anything on Everyday except maybe So Right.
See, to me, the irony of it all is that the ED songs live made me like the ED album more, and the SU songs live made me dislike the album.

When I first heard ED, as I said, I dug it. But the live versions of WTWE, Angel (especially with the Lovely Ladies), and the overplaying of ED, to name a few, just got on my nerves after a while. They pointless jams on some of the songs, and just the general direction of most of the live feel of the ED songs made me like the tighter, better (in my opinion) versions that were on the album.

With SU, I enjoyed the album (despite glaring problems) well enough, because I heard the potential of the songs. HA, while cut, was still really cool. SU, AB Intro, Bayou, all were fun songs. But then, once I heard them live, I could NOT get back into the album versions, because the lack of finish, and the weak production made it so that the album versions were like demos.
mrchattr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #62
bidroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchattr View Post
See, to me, the irony of it all is that the ED songs live made me like the ED album more, and the SU songs live made me dislike the album.

When I first heard ED, as I said, I dug it. But the live versions of WTWE, Angel (especially with the Lovely Ladies), and the overplaying of ED, to name a few, just got on my nerves after a while. They pointless jams on some of the songs, and just the general direction of most of the live feel of the ED songs made me like the tighter, better (in my opinion) versions that were on the album.

With SU, I enjoyed the album (despite glaring problems) well enough, because I heard the potential of the songs. HA, while cut, was still really cool. SU, AB Intro, Bayou, all were fun songs. But then, once I heard them live, I could NOT get back into the album versions, because the lack of finish, and the weak production made it so that the album versions were like demos.
Good assesment.
bidroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #63
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Everyday is not a bad album when judged against today's music. It is a bad dmb album. I've always said it was a B effort from an A student.

It boggles my mind that people are not only starting to accept this, they are starting to enjoy it. It is really bad. Two good songs don't even make a decent album.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #64
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
We'll have this same poll for Stand Up in about 4 years.
with the same results.

I find it very amusing that everyone is saying how much better everyday is than stand up. The only difference between the two is that your ears have had five more years to tolerate everyday. In my mind, and it's not really close, Stand Up is a better album.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #65
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....

All this poll shows is how much of the fanbase has been driven off by the last two albums of new material, and how they've been replaced.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #66
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan34 View Post
All this poll shows is how much of the fanbase has been driven off by the last two albums of new material, and how they've been replaced.
that is exactly what I was thinking. The reality of it made me actually a little mad.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #67
Kerwin
TDCya

yah i never thought i would see the day for praises for everyday.

there was MUCH more heat for everyday when it came out than any other album. It even recived critical demise. a lot of C and D grades from reviewers.

Stand Up even recieved an A from entertainment weekly and Rolling stone. at that point hell should freeze over.
Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #68
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
that is exactly what I was thinking. The reality of it made me actually a little mad.
It just makes me sad more than anything.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #69
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Dave called, and 58.51% of you picked up.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #70
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:

exactly, such a shame.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #71
Vincent
Theologian

Everyday is just one turning point in my enjoyment of this band. I was a casual fan from UTTAD, Crash, and RR95. They were “in the rotation” along with Blues Traveler, TEB, CC, and BFF. I lost touch until 2001. Everyday brought me back. I became a concert going fan. I went back and listened to my old stuff and found DMB again.
For the next five years, I’d catch the one show a year, Hershey or Scranton, and get caught up. Stand Up, quite honestly, didn’t do much for me.
Then came the Summer of 2006. For whatever reason, it started in Hershey and ended @ N2 Randalls, with Camden and Scranton in between. I became obsessed. Bought the whole catalog, DVDs, found this place, UFCK,AM, Nancies, 6.5G of DMB in Itunes.
Rediscovered the greatness of BTCS. Discovered the greatness of LWS and CP and… Well you get it. So, yeah, in my humble opinion, Everyday is a good album.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #72
Wescoast

wow. the results are surprising.

the only thing that i will say is everyday >>> stand up.
Wescoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #73
akleiner34

What the hell is going on?

akleiner34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #74
Phan
Never Forget

man, 1st the attack on me, now this thread
what a worthless poster
Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #75
Phan
Never Forget

Quote:
Bingo, It's pretty clear there are next to none of us actually around who gave a shit about DMB before those dark days of 2001.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #76
Phan
Never Forget

Quote:
with the same results.

I find it very amusing that everyone is saying how much better everyday is than stand up. The only difference between the two is that your ears have had five more years to tolerate everyday. In my mind, and it's not really close, Stand Up is a better album.

I don't think they were around so they don't understand how much Everyday fucked everyone over.

Fans who started liking DMB after 01, Everyday was always there, always in the mix.
They were not around when the somewhat more original fanbase and feel at DMB shows was around, which has almost now been totally lost.

sad rea;;y
Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #77
Mersh

granted I think it is a bad album so I have that bias, but this many people think it is a good album? I can maybe see saying its ok, but good?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #78
Mersh

Quote:
with the same results.

there are 2 to 3 off of ED I like/don't mind...I don't think I can say the same for SU. Maybe I will in 4 years, but I can't imagine I'll ever say either are good albums.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #79
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
there are 2 to 3 off of ED I like/don't mind...I don't think I can say the same for SU. Maybe I will in 4 years, but I can't imagine I'll ever say either are good albums.
I think there's a comparison thing going on here too. We're still riding the heels off of SU and the constant discussions going on surrounding that album and process. I think this is more a 'lesser of two evils' type deal.
Fan#41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #80
CRUSHsoccer15

Time can heal anything it seems. I think people have just gotten used to Everyday and with debacles that have followed, they care less about this single one. They fail to realize that this may have started it all.

And the people who say it is better than Stand Up are probably coming from the stand point that Everyday actually consists of completed songs. While at least half the songs on Stand Up are un-finished ideas. It's much more organized and structured than SU and people are gravitating towards that comparitively.

All that being said, I love Fool To Think & So Right.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc