These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Overall, eliminating circumstantial bias, do you like Everyday?
Yes 91 56.88%
No 69 43.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
Crush87

It's amazing how miserable WTWE is live, and yet I enjoy it on Everday.
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #22
sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Are people comparing it to SU or do some of you actually like the album overall?

edit: I'm not taliking to FMM

that's actually a good question
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
Mersh

I mean if you do then ok, but I'd just be surprised by the numbers.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #24
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
Are people comparing it to SU or do some of you actually like the album overall?

edit: I'm not taliking to FMM
i realize you arent talking to me, but ive always liked 3/4 or so of the songs on everyday. i may not make up fantasy setlists that has a majority of ED songs, but i still like the songs, i just hate the way they are overproduced and sound so poppy on the album.

the only songs i dont like are i did it and sleep to dream her, and even those songs i dont hate the way i used to. mother father on the other hand has gone down in my book since i first heard it, but still that leaves alot of songs on that album that i enjoy..

if they would play when the world ends and everyday less, and rotate in the other ed songs, i would be all for that.
FishMonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #25
FishMonkeyMan

oh and for the record im not voting because like i said, like alot of the songs, hate the studio album, and that isnt an option in the poll.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #26
alexbunke
Splish splash.

Compared to SU, Everyday is pretty great.

Compared to the body of DMB's work, it has its merits...but they are fewer and far(er) between. lol
Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #27
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMonkeyMan View Post
oh and for the record im not voting because like i said, like alot of the songs, hate the studio album, and that isnt an option in the poll.
the question is to you like the album overall...at leats that is how I took it since he put album in the thread title.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #28
seekup19
DMBML Crack Monkey

Quote:
the question is to you like the album overall...at leats that is how I took it since he put album in the thread title.
yeah. the question is: "Overall, eliminating circumstantial bias, do you like Everyday?"

Circumstantial bias being along the lines of "blaaahhh the 2000 tour and LWS are so much better and i was so insulted when i first heard ED it was a slap in the face and ruined DMB forever"

yes, of course the Lillywhites were superior in many ways, but putting all bias aside, I think Everyday can very much stand on its own as a decent album, and i'll admit to enjoying giving it a spin once in a while.
seekup19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #29
GreyStHokie
Resident Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
We'll have this same poll for Stand Up in about 4 years.
i doubt if the general consensus on it will change though. my feelings on everyday have softened to the point that i actually don't mind most of the album. stand up, on the other hand, doesn't really do anything for me. i honestly can't remember the last time i listened to stand up. there are a couple of songs on there that are worth a listen, but for the most part it doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #30
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
yes, i know, thats why i didnt answer it. i hate the studio album but i like most of the songs on it. i dont think "those songs are better live" i think, those are good songs that arent good on the studio album.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #31
OceanSoGood
Where'd you get that vibe?

there is a giant difference between the music that made me love the band and the music on everyday. it's full of songs that are nice to hear in concert from time to time, but leave a lot to be wanted. i think i speak for some saying that i wouldnt even care if i didnt hear any everyday songs at a concert. the album is fun, but it's not my type of dmb.

Brian
OceanSoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
ggies
Sugar Will '04

wow, I can't believe Yes is winning.....Guys, the album sucks for this band. It doesn't even sound like this band. Maybe its an ok album for just a pop rock group, but not for DMB. DMB would not have made it if this was their first album. seriously. The album sucked for DMB music and and will always suck.

An ugly person doesn't become beautiful just b/c of time. IF they're ugly, they're ugly.

oh, and I could be happy with no Everyday OR SU songs in the setlists.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #33
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyStHokie View Post
i doubt if the general consensus on it will change though. my feelings on everyday have softened to the point that i actually don't mind most of the album. stand up, on the other hand, doesn't really do anything for me. i honestly can't remember the last time i listened to stand up. there are a couple of songs on there that are worth a listen, but for the most part it doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Yeah but you also remember 2001 Tom. Remember the general attitude during that tour and then the off-season that followed? You would have thought Dave himself hung Jesus on the cross with the way people were talking about that album/release. I'm not saying people will automatically warm up to a sub-par effort in 4 years, but perspectives change and what not so ya never know.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #34
monkey
Well ..... I'm listening

The only bad song, and I wouldn't say it was bad, is I did it. Everything else is damn fine by me.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #35
Mersh

Quote:
yes, i know, thats why i didnt answer it. i hate the studio album but i like most of the songs on it. i dont think "those songs are better live" i think, those are good songs that arent good on the studio album.
so just looking at the studio album part of it you'd say no, no?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #36
imjustchillin

all bias aside, this album is a big turd.

lousy production.
poor song writing.
an insult to the band.

some of these songs are salvaged live, but most will send ya to the honey buckets!
imjustchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #37
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
Yeah but you also remember 2001 Tom. Remember the general attitude during that tour and then the off-season that followed? You would have thought Dave himself hung Jesus on the cross with the way people were talking about that album/release. I'm not saying people will automatically warm up to a sub-par effort in 4 years, but perspectives change and what not so ya never know.
just going on record, i still think 2001 was the worst tour, but it wasnt based on the ed songs per se... 2001 was awful because of the lovely ladies, butch playing the way he did at the time, which was to say mimicking daves part so i couldnt hear his guitar, as he did through 2002/early 2003, and alot of classic songs still being played way too slow. had dmb played that tour without the lovely ladies, played the way they do now, and still played the ed songs in the rotation they did as the songs are played now, i probably would have enjoyed 2001 alot more then i did.

also, there was a general bad vibe coming from the band in 2001 that eventually went away.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #38
Fan#41

Quote:
just going on record, i still think 2001 was the worst tour, but it wasnt based on the ed songs per se... 2001 was awful because of the lovely ladies, butch playing the way he did at the time, which was to say mimicking daves part so i couldnt hear his guitar, as he did through 2002/early 2003, and alot of classic songs still being played way too slow. had dmb played that tour without the lovely ladies, played the way they do now, and still played the ed songs in the rotation they did as the songs are played now, i probably would have enjoyed 2001 alot more then i did.

also, there was a general bad vibe coming from the band in 2001 that eventually went away.
Most of that will go unattested by the majority of the people here.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #39
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
so just looking at the studio album part of it you'd say no, no?
yes i would say no strictly on the grounds of the studio album..
Old 01-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #40
GreyStHokie
Resident Hokie

Quote:
true enough..but i also remember that the 02 tour brought lots of good stuff and the all-out hatred of everyday subsided greatly during that tour..now we're at the same point as right after the 02 tour..the 06 tour brought lots of good stuff and i feel like stand up is still getting shit on..and its odd, but stand up seemed to be about a 50/50 split when it came out..half liked it, half didnt..it seems like that ratio has moved to favoring the not liking side of it..whereas everyday went the other way..i was more in favor of stand up when it came out..but ive really moved the other direction since..

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc