These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #121
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Can someone explain to me what multitrack means? Asking for a friend..
It means each individual instrument is recorded onto it's own separate track. So you can mix each sound on its' own, mute it, edit it etc without affecting the other elements. All the Live Trax are multitrack, which is why they sound MUCH better than DMBLive--you can manipulate the tones and do much more to the overall sound to make it better when you record that way.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:15 PM   #122
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It means each individual instrument is recorded onto it's own separate track. So you can mix each sound on its' own, mute it, edit it etc without affecting the other elements. All the Live Trax are multitrack, which is why they sound MUCH better than DMBLive--you can manipulate the tones and do much more to the overall sound to make it better when you record that way.
Yeah, I figured this. This is cool though, appreciate the info my man.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:55 PM   #123
Mersh

Wasnít the rumor always that 7.28.94 was set for a release at one point?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:57 PM   #124
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Wasnít the rumor always that 7.28.94 was set for a release at one point?
Not sure about that one, but there's gotta be a few shows that year that were successfully recorded multitrack, like 09.28.94 the UTTAD release show must have been, but there were rumors the multitrack tapes got corrupted or something from that show which is why only the straight board ever got circulated.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #125
jeff1818

the just need to keep the tapes coming. 2-track, multi, it's all good.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:27 PM   #126
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
the just need to keep the tapes coming. 2-track, multi, it's all good.
Agreed, seems though theyíve been reluctant t release any non-multitrack to LT. And LT is the only series they seem interested in continuing. So we might be missing a huge potential of early era shows. That being said, thereís plenty of 1.0 and 2.0 that needs to get released and Iím fine with that.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:16 AM   #127
Fan#41

Quote:
Wasn’t the rumor always that 7.28.94 was set for a release at one point?
Damn who was the kid that had the insane tape list during the trading years? Jeff Nelson? I remember dealing with him a few times, he was a bit flakey but seemed like a genuinely nice dude. I tried getting trades organized with him but if you didn't have anything "rare", at the time, then he never responded.
I think it was Henry Hart who helped set up trades between Nelson and myself and I wanted that 7/28/94 show. I remember Nelson did lie about having certain recordings just to make his list look larger than it was. He would also add side notes next to the dates of the shows in his list and next to 7/28/94 it said something like "7/28/94 scheduled to be sold in stores soon", or whatever. That same note was next to at least 10 other shows and I think he did that to sorta promote his favorite recordings instead of just saying they're favorites of his. Weird. Anyway, a few rumors and such regarding older shows did start with him and I have a feeling this is one of them. So that rumor goes back to like the mid-90's. It's definitely a show I listened to a TON back then because of the quality of that sbd pull.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #128
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Damn who was the kid that had the insane tape list during the trading years? Jeff Nelson? I remember dealing with him a few times, he was a bit flakey but seemed like a genuinely nice dude. I tried getting trades organized with him but if you didn't have anything "rare", at the time, then he never responded.
I think it was Henry Hart who helped set up trades between Nelson and myself and I wanted that 7/28/94 show. I remember Nelson did lie about having certain recordings just to make his list look larger than it was. He would also add side notes next to the dates of the shows in his list and next to 7/28/94 it said something like "7/28/94 scheduled to be sold in stores soon", or whatever. That same note was next to at least 10 other shows and I think he did that to sorta promote his favorite recordings instead of just saying they're favorites of his. Weird. Anyway, a few rumors and such regarding older shows did start with him and I have a feeling this is one of them. So that rumor goes back to like the mid-90's. It's definitely a show I listened to a TON back then because of the quality of that sbd pull.
Does anyone have this 7.28.94 show I could download? Can't say I've heard it.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:15 AM   #129
Fan#41

If you ask in the spreadable sticky thread I'm sure Rob has it. It's hard to argue against the opinion that most of 1994 just all blends together, however...that also means that (if you like this era of the band) basically any show you pick is going to be a winner. BUT there are a few shows that not only had more "elite" sounding board pulls AND had note-worthy highlights and 7/28/94 is definitely one of them. That OSW is just perfection and I love how abnormal Roi's approach was to those early Watchtower performances and this is a favorite of mine.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #130
Mersh

Yeah, I agree that 94 blends together, but interesting to see no LT from that year after 55 releases in the series. Was a big chunk of the DMBLive releases though.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #131
celluloid hero

I don't care much for 94, with exceptions. But I'd love to hear a mixed multi-track with crowd.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #132
Mersh

Agreed, I could take or leave the vast majority of 94, there are a couple shows I’d be interested in though.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #133
celluloid hero

I wonder how many they recorded in multi-track. I don't think there are a ton.

I know those 1 set '94 boards that we that have gaps in them around where a 2 hour DAT would end are because DMB's lead DAT ran out of tape when Bagby kept using 60m DATs after they ditched the set break which led to an easy tape change. But they have flat tapes and multi-tracks as well. 11.30.98 DMBlive is a flat tape that happens to sound good enough to release. Not many do, which is why most DMBlives were Dave & Tim, Dave solo, or older shows with less to mix.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #134
Mersh

Because of this discussion I am listening to 7.28.94...it’s been years, but boy is Roi on for this show.

Last edited by Mersh; 04-01-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:01 PM   #135
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Was his handle "Stream"? I remember a guy back in the mp3 trading days (napster/hearlive) that had like 1000 shows and would only do trades. I had nothing to offer.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #136
batleon

Early '94 is straight fire. Pick any of those shows from March or earlier and you're in for a good listen.

The rest of that year though does nothing for me.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #137
dmblaststop

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah, i remember reading that the band wasn't recording every show multitrack until '95, I could have sworn I read that somewhere, but my memory isn't great.
According to the write up for Live Trax 4, 4/30/96 was the introduction of multi- tracking every show.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #138
sean52692
You failed this band

94 definitely does blend together but in a good way. Most of it is really solid. You can throw a dart and get a quality show, imo. I personally love the fall shows in that year, Get In Line, Nov 94 jam, first Rapunzel, a couple early Proudests, etc.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #139
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
94 definitely does blend together but in a good way. Most of it is really solid. You can throw a dart and get a quality show, imo. I personally love the fall shows in that year, Get In Line, Nov 94 jam, first Rapunzel, a couple early Proudests, etc.
Oh does anyone have this to share? Its been years since i heard it.

Quote:
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #140
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Oh does anyone have this to share? Its been years since i heard it.
[Only registered users can see links.]
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc