These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2021, 03:39 PM   #141
Mersh

Not a big fan of the last several albums. Was supposed to see the white ladder 20th anniversary your last year though. Ah well, would have been fun.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #142
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Not a big fan of the last several albums. Was supposed to see the white ladder 20th anniversary your last year though. Ah well, would have been fun.
Same. Got postponed to 2021, and just today got postponed to 2022. :/
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #143
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I’ll hit the red rocks show in 22. Havent seen him since like 2004.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:43 AM   #144
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Same. Got postponed to 2021, and just today got postponed to 2022. :/
The show I was supposed to go to just went right to cancelled. No postponements at all. I would have waited.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:27 AM   #145
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of his trajectory lately. Makes me very sad, tbh. I loved Mutineers in 2014. Then, Gold in a Brass Age (or whatever it's called) was somewhat underwhelming. Seemed to begin favouring very mellow, very acoustic music. The variation went away. Then this Skellig album really plummeted down that hole. "Accumulates" is my favorite track, and it's actually like 13 years old. "Laughing Gas" and "Dun Laighaire" are also not bad, but ALSO several years old and scrapped from Mutineers. As a whole, his new album is a total snoozefest for me. I couldn't hum you a second of any track aside from the ones I just mentioned, and I've listened to it several times.
I don't entirely disagree with you here but from what I've been catching up on (last 6 years worth of music from him), I haven't been as let down as you. I mean...I'm with you that it's frustrating that the variation in tempo and energies are missing from the albums but the man can craft a fucking song, whether it hit has drum loops and crescendos with vocals, or just a soft 3 minute piano tune. Even though there isn't much variation, it's still quite impressive that none of these songs sound the same, at least to me. I think you would argue a good portion of them all run together. Different strokes I guess. LOVE "Laughing Gas", more than "not bad" imo.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc