These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #1241
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
That was definitely a huge blunder on India’s (Modi’s) part. Sad but true support for how this outbreak could eventually truly harm or maim more people than the outbreak itself. Certainly not an original idea, but one worth considering. Pretty sure Josh was alluding to this in the past few weeks.

And can we lament/laugh about how Bolsonaro is going to be washing his words down with broken glass in a few weeks?
Bolsonaro is doing the right thing even though the states themselves are still locked down. As much as I hate them, Sweden is also doing the right thing.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #1242
Mersh

Just out of curiosity, why do you really hate the Swedes?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #1243
Mersh

Also, I promise that if we get to the point where people are storming my house and raping my family I will not be on here deflecting.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #1244
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Bolsonaro is doing the right thing even though the states themselves are still locked down. As much as I hate them, Sweden is also doing the right thing.
Yeah, the swedes are the best...

[Only registered users can see links.]
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #1245
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

That’s just propaganda. They would have thousands of deaths regardless of what they did. You can’t even lock Sweden down anyway because there are so many migrants there who won’t obey the lockdown.
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #1246
celluloid hero

This is why your takes can't be taken too seriously.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #1247
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Sweden will try a lockdown soon I bet. Migrants will be running the streets, looting, etc. Just wait...it will be a shitshow. They know it too which is why they didn’t lockdown
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #1248
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Yup, that’s what all the idiots like Mario are going to be doing when civil unrest comes because of lockdowns - deflecting blame. They’ll blame Trump, capitalism, etc.

Even drug addict Jim Cramer is saying that we’re going into a depression. This won’t be worth it.
Lol, man I get a kick out of your posts. So at what point, in like two months, when society is still pretty much being reasonable and we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, will you think the US devolving into The Purge is no longer in the cards?
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #1249
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Lol, man I get a kick out of your posts. So at what point, in like two months, when society is still pretty much being reasonable and we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, will you think the US devolving into The Purge is no longer in the cards?
totally agree man, Tamby and Mario are both equivalent fear mongers on the opposite sides of the spectrum. The truth is somewhere in the middle. People are gonna die, and the Economy is going to take a huge hit, but neither locking down for a year or civil unrest is happening.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #1250
Mersh

I figured the Swede hate was nativist in some way.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #1251
mario

Ken Rosenthal on [Only registered users can see links.] . Go ahead and copy and paste this for the NFL and college football:

Diverting resources from health care would be another concern. Baseball would need to conduct wide-ranging testing for the virus, isolate anyone who gets sick and provide proper medical attention. Such an effort would require outside assistance, the kind of resources the league could not justify drawing away from the general population in the middle of a public health crisis.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #1252
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Ken Rosenthal on [Only registered users can see links.] . Go ahead and copy and paste this for the NFL and college football:

Diverting resources from health care would be another concern. Baseball would need to conduct wide-ranging testing for the virus, isolate anyone who gets sick and provide proper medical attention. Such an effort would require outside assistance, the kind of resources the league could not justify drawing away from the general population in the middle of a public health crisis.
Someone should tell our President that
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc