These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #21
Josh.0

I haven’t seen that pic in years, but I’m SO glad you posted it!!!
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #22
Josh.0

That was the night I blacked out and talked to the guy from Guster for like half an hour but somehow recall none of what was said, wasn’t it?
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #23
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

You look like a total bro. Never seen anybody like you in yoga class. But thatís good you do yoga, youíll be thanking yourself when you get older
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #24
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
You look like a total bro.
In fairness, I wore that shirt as a joke to play up the bro stereotype. I had friends constantly calling me a bro solely because I’m into weightlifting so I was like, “I’ll show you bro.” I proceeded to buy that shirt at I think Target and wear it all summer while drinking basically nothing but Bud Light Limes everywhere we went, even though my favorite brewery on the planet is, like, Cantillon.

In reality I’m actually a pretty conservative dresser. This is part of the reason I love that picture so much, I virtually never wear clothes like that. Outside of the yoga studio I rarely even take my shirt off around anyone because I’m so hyper-conscious about not trying to come across as superficial.

And honestly, these days I’m about 10 lbs lighter than I was there. That’s what happens when you stop eating meat, I guess.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #25
Josh.0

And as far as yoga goes, I take it far more seriously than the gym. In all actuality it’s fun to go to yoga knowing people think the same thing you do - “people like you don’t do yoga” - and then when they see my practice they realize quickly how seriously I take it. I’ve had instructors and other students tell me this exact thing a ton of times after class.

At my current studio I’ve had some teachers try to convince me to become a teacher because they think I’d help break the stereotype about yoga not being a real workout and something men could do to build strength.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:15 PM   #26
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
And as far as yoga goes, I take it far more seriously than the gym. In all actuality it’s fun to go to yoga knowing people think the same thing you do - “people like you don’t do yoga” - and then when they see my practice they realize quickly how seriously I take it. I’ve had instructors and other students tell me this exact thing a ton of times after class.

At my current studio I’ve had some teachers try to convince me to become a teacher because they think I’d help break the stereotype about yoga not being a real workout and something men could do to build strength.
The gym is unhealthy. Not more unhealthy than doing nothing, but after you do yoga, you realize how much stress the gym puts on your body and how much grace is lacking.

I highly recommend you check out Dhamma.org and go on a 10 day meditation retreat with them, it is much more difficult and rewarding than yoga and I think you’d appreciate it. It is, without a doubt, the most difficult thing I’ve done in my life. Looks like they have a Rocky Mountain center, there might be some crossover with your yoga group
Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #27
Josh.0

Quote:
The gym is unhealthy. Not more unhealthy than doing nothing, but after you do yoga, you realize how much stress the gym puts on your body and how much grace is lacking.
This is kind of a weird take, I really don't know how to respond to it. You don't even know what I do at the gym, but you've come to the conclusion it's unhealthy somehow?

FWIW, everything I do is either bodyweight or low-weight, high repetition circuit routines. The heaviest weight I lift that isn't my own bodyweight is a 60lb dumbbell, for goblet squats, which I have as part of my circuit. But at the end of the day, no matter what someone does at the gym, there are varying levels of "healthiness" to it. It's silly to imply that because mindfulness isn't as much at the forefront of most gym activities as yoga or "X" thing that you do that it's subsequently unhealthy.

I mean, I'm an all-natural vegetarian gym rat and yogi. To imply anything I do is unhealthy and that you have more awareness as to what is and what isn't healthy for me than myself is pretty laughable, TM.

Also, my yoga practice (before you compare it to what you do) is pretty advanced. Two nights ago I held peacock pose for 30+ seconds. I can hold full handstands. I've come close to mastering almost every common inversion that exists in power yoga in addition to various other poses and flows, to the point where I've been encouraged to become a teacher. I'm no beginner showing up in down dog and warrior two for an hour that then goes around telling everyone how great his yoga practice is.

So while I appreciate the Dhamma suggestion, it's stilly to act as if you know how complex my practice is and there's just no way it's as challenging as that. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, the truth is you really have no idea.

Not trying to sound defensive or as if I'm attacking you, you've just made a few bold statements in this thread over the last 24 hours which makes me think you think you know a lot more about some things (gym routines, yoga, etc) than perhaps you actually do. You started by calling me a bro, then implied I don't know what I'm doing to myself by going to the gym, then essentially said something you practice is more complicated than any yoga I do.

I could make a lot of assumptions about you that are entirely false and post them, but I do not. I mean, Mickey Mouse waffles, sausages, bacon, fountain soda, and steak doused in random brown shit aren't exactly pillars of good health, but until now I kept those thoughts to myself. Slow your roll and think twice about your assumptions and subsequent posts.

You're starting to remind me of those insecure, new-to-working-out dudes that go around accusing anyone with a decent build as "STEROIDS!" because they've never actually honed in on their diet and workout routine consistently and seen how natural results can happen over time. Instead, they just jump right to discrediting other people - any way they can - that they don't even know to make themselves feel better about their own lack of knowledge and/or dedication.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-11-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #28
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

I walk on the treadmill for an hour a day and watch old-school ‘rasslin. Does that count as exercise?
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #29
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Jesus dude, I wasn’t even talking about what you do in the gym, you made it sound like you stopped going. I’m talking about people who do running, biking, etc and inevitably end up with injuries...yoga is a much better option.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #30
Josh.0

Quote:
Jesus dude, I wasn’t even talking about what you do in the gym, I assume you stopped going. I’m talking about people who do running, biking, etc and inevitably end up with injuries...yoga is a much better option.
It really doesn't matter though. You're saying that going to the gym leads to a toxic mindset, but isn't pre-judging anyone (whether it's me or anyone else) for what they do to pursue a healthy lifestyle itself toxic? I know people that've been hurt lifting weights, biking, and doing yoga. They're all physically engaging activities that come with inherent injury risk.

You can't claim personal enlightenment and then proceed to judge people that don't live the exact same way you do. That's a lifestyle practice that's contradictory to an actual enlightened state of mind.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #31
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I walk on the treadmill for an hour a day and watch old-school ‘rasslin. Does that count as exercise?
It matters how old school we're talking.

I always say that people should do whatever they want to do that makes them happy. As long as it's healthy and it makes them feel better, who cares if it's biking, running, hiking, yoga, weight lifting, masturbating feverishly, walking their dog, Crossfit, etc. If it makes you happy and makes you feel better in a healthy way, it's a good thing and shouldn't be judged by anybody.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #32
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
It really doesn't matter though. You're saying that going to the gym leads to a toxic mindset, but isn't pre-judging anyone (whether it's me or anyone else) for what they do to pursue a healthy lifestyle itself toxic? I know people that've been hurt lifting weights, biking, and doing yoga. They're all physically engaging activities that come with inherent injury risk.

You can't claim personal enlightenment and then proceed to judge people that don't live the exact same way you do. That's a lifestyle practice that's contradictory to an actual enlightened state of mind.
Prejudging like you did to me in the Disney thread? Itís my opinion that yoga is healthier than other forms of excercise but any excercise is better than none. Big fucking deal, youíre acting like an idiot
Old 04-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #33
Josh.0

Quote:
Prejudging like you did to me in the Disney thread? Itís my opinion that yoga is healthier than other forms of excercise but any excercise is better than none. Big fucking deal, youíre acting like an idiot
Go back and reread your Disney thread. I said Disney wasnít for *me*, listed out the reasons, and made it clear that for people who like it, more power to them.

And Iím not being an idiot, just pointing out some douchey, judgemental posting on your part. Weíve all done it, just own it and move on.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #34
mja271

Quote:
It matters how old school we're talking.

I always say that people should do whatever they want to do that makes them happy. As long as it's healthy and it makes them feel better, who cares if it's biking, running, hiking, yoga, weight lifting, masturbating feverishly, walking their dog, Crossfit, etc. If it makes you happy and makes you feel better in a healthy way, it's a good thing and shouldn't be judged by anybody.
What about eating copious amounts of fast food. That makes me happy

I actually have been walking like a maniac lately. Have gone through some pretty large swings in my weight since I lost 60 lbs a few years ago. After a year of keeping most of it off I've gained basically all of it back. Terrible feeling but no time for self loathing. I've been eating well, doing some light lifting and walking about 14-15k steps a day since last Monday. Already down 5 lbs, which is nice. But mainly I just feel way less sluggish and happy. Gotta keep it up.

You owe me some Nashville recs btw Josh. I texted you a couple weeks ago and got no response. I feel like a jilted lover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #35
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
What about eating copious amounts of fast food. That makes me happy

I actually have been walking like a maniac lately. Have gone through some pretty large swings in my weight since I lost 60 lbs a few years ago. After a year of keeping most of it off I've gained basically all of it back. Terrible feeling but no time for self loathing. I've been eating well, doing some light lifting and walking about 14-15k steps a day since last Monday. Already down 5 lbs, which is nice. But mainly I just feel way less sluggish and happy. Gotta keep it up.

You owe me some Nashville recs btw Josh. I texted you a couple weeks ago and got no response. I feel like a jilted lover.
Ah shit, my bad. In grad school full time, packing for a move this weekend, a work trip to Houston last week, and then a weekend spent haggling over a new car has left me so busy itís sort of making me numb to the outside world.

Iíll shoot you a text back in a bit.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #36
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Go back and reread your Disney thread. I said Disney wasnít for *me*, listed out the reasons, and made it clear that for people who like it, more power to them.

And Iím not being an idiot, just pointing out some douchey, judgemental posting on your part. Weíve all done it, just own it and move on.

You are actually a bro. No way you get this bent out of shape about a silly comment
Old 04-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #37
Josh.0

Okay.

Anyways, looking forward to August!
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #38
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

You’ve spewed your insecurity all over this thread. Why would you even start a thread worried about what women would think of you on the trip if you were just going for the yoga? You travel to foreign countries several times a year to get laid - you are a sex tourist. No wonder you hate Disney, just fatties hanging around there.

Then you attack me cuz you thought I was judging you for not being a true yogi or something. I haven’t done yoga in 2 years. Not an expert and never claimed to be.

Just pathetic. I don’t have anything against traveling to other countries to pound puss, but you’re trying to present it as just some huge coincidence that you never expected. So retarded
Old 04-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #39
Josh.0

Quote:
You’ve spewed your insecurity all over this thread. Why would you even start a thread worried about what women would think of you on the trip if you were just going for the yoga? You travel to foreign countries several times a year to get laid - you are a sex tourist. No wonder you hate Disney, just fatties hanging around there.

Then you attack me cuz you thought I was judging you for not being a true yogi or something. I haven’t done yoga in 2 years. Not an expert and never claimed to be.

Just pathetic. I don’t have anything against traveling to other countries to pound puss, but you’re trying to present it as just some huge coincidence that you never expected. So retarded
Anything else you want to pretend to know about me, or are you done? You’re on a roll.

Ever since Mike posted that picture of me you’ve been firing away at who and what I am. Picked on much in high school, Tamby?

Dear Lord. Thanks for ruining what was meant to be a fun thread.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #40
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Anything else you want to pretend to know about me, or are you done? Youíre on a roll.

Ever since Mike posted that picture of me youíve been firing away at who and what I am. Picked on much in high school, Tamby?

Dear Lord. Thanks for ruining what was meant to be a fun thread.
I was actually never bullied in high school - people either thought I was a genius or possible school shooter. In high school you were probably going to youth group, pretending to be into god, and fingering the girls

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc