These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #21
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
What aspect do you like? That was my least favorite but not bad. It seems like an “etc” boneyard for ideas that didn’t make into the other parks. We did “turtle talk” and the Nemo ride that had the projections of the cartoons. Very cool

I’m not generally a fan of amusement park rides, so with Epcot, I’m a sucker for the “lands,” food and shows. Fascinated by it all. That said, my wife has never been and I’m so looking forward to taking my daughter when she can somewhat appreciate it in a few years.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #22
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I forgot to mention this in my first reply. When we were there about 5 years ago, we were waiting to see our picture after Space Mountain but it had been flagged as obscene because my jackass son, who was around 14 at the time, had seductively pulled up his shirt and pretended to be licking his breast for the picture
Sounds like a natural risk taker ... love it, hopefully he doesnít hurt himself doing something stupid
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #23
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Iím not generally a fan of amusement park rides, so with Epcot, Iím a sucker for the ďlands,Ē food and shows. Fascinated by it all. That said, my wife has never been and Iím so looking forward to taking my daughter when she can somewhat appreciate it in a few years.
Gotchu. I just love looking at all the little details, I get off to that type of stuff
Old 04-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #24
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
The older I get the more my fear of heights is developed. When I was a kid I'd pretty much climb, ride, or jump off of anything. No matter what.

Fast forward to my 30's. Go to Kings Island for the first time in years. They have a roller coaster called "Firehawk". It's a roller coaster that you start the ride on your back. Due to the design of the coaster you are looking straight up, and have no real idea of where you are because looking to your side is rather fruitless. I legit had a panic attack on the way up, I felt like my heart was going to beat so hard it was going to leap out of my chest.

You really have no idea where you are until the thing flips over, you are looking straight down, and are going down the first hill. It's an awesome coaster.

I loved it, have ridden it several times, and even helped parents talk their kids out of crying when i rode it.

But I wish I had the picture of me the first time I rode it. I had the most horrified look on my face, and I was gripping the handles so tight my hands were whiter than Casper.
Ive been on an upside downer. I thought space mountain was gonna be upside down so I was relieved it was not.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #25
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Sounds like a natural risk taker ... love it, hopefully he doesn’t hurt himself doing something stupid
I imagine this is the same son who just gave mitch’s blood pressure a workout with his multitude of speeding tickets recently. So ‘natural risk taker’ seems about right.

Though, I give a #slowclap for the feaux nipple lick post seductive shirt raise. Veteran move.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #26
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I imagine this is the same son who just gave mitch’s blood pressure a workout with his multitude of speeding tickets recently. So ‘natural risk taker’ seems about right.

Though, I give a #slowclap for the feaux nipple lick post seductive shirt raise. Veteran move.
I didn’t know nipple licking on roller coasters was a thing, I would’ve lifted my girls shirt. But actually that sounds like something that would be a sex offense given the children there
Old 04-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #27
Josh.0

When I saw "I just got back from Disney World" the first thing that popped into my head is "I'm sorry."

Disney World, and anything like it, is hell on earth to me. Anywhere were you stand next to generally non-adventurous people looking for a manufactured adventure experience with excessive sides of fried dough and overpriced cheap, shitty beer, is like the most horrifying thing in the world to me.

It's like cruises. I did a cruise once and the whole time I was just reminded why I hate the average human being so much. Anything that involves taking in 25,000 calories a day while you sit on your ass on a shitty ride, in beach chairs, on in a pool while you wrestle with clueless mofos that have no sense of personal space is something that holds zero interest to me.

Not saying that's you, TM. I think a lot of people venture to Disney World just to cross it off the list, but I literally couldn't be paid enough to go to Disney World for a week, nevermind proactively fly there and actually pay to get in.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:43 PM   #28
Josh.0

Quote:

Noooope. None of it. No way.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #29
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
When I saw "I just got back from Disney World" the first thing that popped into my head is "I'm sorry."

Disney World, and anything like it, is hell on earth to me. Anywhere were you stand next to generally non-adventurous people looking for a manufactured adventure experience with excessive sides of fried dough and overpriced cheap, shitty beer, is like the most horrifying thing in the world to me.

It's like cruises. I did a cruise once and the whole time I was just reminded why I hate the average human being so much. Anything that involves taking in 25,000 calories a day while you sit on your ass on a shitty ride, in beach chairs, on in a pool while you wrestle with clueless mofos that have no sense of personal space is something that holds zero interest to me.

Not saying that's you, TM. I think a lot of people venture to Disney World just to cross it off the list, but I literally couldn't be paid enough to go to Disney World for a week, nevermind proactively fly there and actually pay to get in.
I agree to a degree. Do you own any Apple products? Do you ever look at your phone and think how much care and attention to detail went into making it? Disney is the same to me. I love all the care and creativity they put into the craft.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #30
bassplayer22

Quote:
I love all the care and creativity they put into the craft.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
Josh.0

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with that of it works for you.

Different strokes and all that. It just doesn’t work for me.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #32
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I would never go on a cruise BTW. If you think Disney is the same, you’re just wrong. Every inch of the place has been thought out. For the Pixar stuff, they go and get the 3D computer models and make the real object to perfection. You just don’t appreciate subtlety bro

Your criticism might be valid for Epcot. I’d rather just visit those countries than see a recreation. But everything else you’re dead wrong

I bet you have an Android and PC, amirite?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #33
Josh.0

In fairness, I went when I was 12 and hated it, which makes me think I’d hate it even more at 33. But I could be totally wrong. You make a good point that Pixar is much more of a thing now than it was then.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #34
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
In fairness, I went when I was 12 and hated it, which makes me think Iíd hate it even more at 33. But I could be totally wrong. You make a good point that Pixar is much more of a thing now than it was then.
Iím actually not a huge Disney fan ... it was really Pixar that brought me into the fold
Old 06-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #35
Mitch

Quote:

I literally couldn't be paid enough to go to Disney World
2 months later:

Quote:
Iíve been drinking at Disney world and a friend and I literally canít decide. You have to choose one. Which song is better?
Old 06-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #36
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Do brains explode if that friends IS Tamby?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #37
Josh.0

I know. I tried something I said I’d never do again.

But, you have to realize, I’m the kind of person that when I say I believe something, and then someone pushes back on it pretty hard, and my opinion isn’t based on recent experience, there’s a chance I’ll be willing to go out and challenge my own perception. That’s a big reason I travel so much - to challenge my perceptions and base my opinions on actual experiences.

One of my best friends lives in Orlando and has been asking me to visit for years (he just got married and bought a house and I’d never met his wife or seen his house (they had a family-only wedding)). I went to Disney World when I was 12 and didn’t like it. Recently, he was like, “but it’s changed so much in 20+ years,” so I was like “okay, maybe, MAYBE I’ll give it a whirl.”

Pair that with Tamby’s feedback on here, and the fact that I was already in the Orlando area for work, and I got to a point where I was like “fuck it, let’s see what some of these people are talking about.”

But, as usual, my “gut” was right. I still hate it and have confirmed as an adult that it’s the hell on earth that I remembered as a child. Total cost to me to give it a whirl, though: $80-something dollars and a meal or two and some beers. Stayed with the friend, work paid for the flight, we mostly ate at his place (he lives two miles from Disney)...so this was a free “put up or shut up, Disney World!” trip.

Now, though, I can make an argument based on recent experience and on the actual act of immersing myself in the environment. And based on that recent experience I can 100% confirm my previous belief that Disney World sucks ass.

You should wish more people were like me (willing to challenge their own thoughts/beliefs). If they were, our country would probably be in a much better place today. I like that I’m not as ham-fisted as most, it makes possibilities for me pretty open, interesting, and endless.

and

Mitch!!! (and Disney World)
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #38
Josh.0

I would like to add that for those that like it: good for you. You're entitled to like whatever you want to like, which is exactly how it should be.

I just don't understand it. The "imagineers" surely come up with viscerally interesting and imaginative things at Disney, but that in and of itself does not make the experience enjoyable. In fact, I think the entirety of it sorts of represents capitalism at its worse (advertising to kids which puts pressure on parents to pay unreasonably high prices for ultimately average or below average services and experiences).

There were multiple lines across several of the parks that had three hour - THREE HOUR! - waits. Can you imagine these poor families that pay thousands of dollars for flights to Orlando, then another $200, $300, $400 dollars per person for four-day passes, then $15, $20+ per meal PER PERSON in the family for really crappy food, only to show up with their young kid(s) and wait 1-3 hours per ride in 60%+ humidity, 90+ degree weather (heat index of 100-110+), only to finally get on the ride and realize it's nothing more than decent animatronics for 10-15 minutes and now it's time to get back out into the heat and start everything all over again.

It has to be one of the biggest ripoffs in America that's entirely the product of persistent, endless, targeted advertising to demographics that really don't know any better. Slimy and totally brutal.

Bring your kid camping, hiking, fishing, canoeing, etc and watch them enjoy it just as much for about 1/100th of the price. I guarantee you in most cases, if the parent's done a decent job raising the kid, the smile will be exactly the same, if not better, than the one you'd see at a trip to Disney. In fact, most of the kids I saw seemed either way-overly-hyped on sugar, totally asleep from the sugar and heat, or cranky because of how long they were waiting for everything.

Disney World.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #39
Mitch

Oh look, another one of Josh's pretend anti- Disney World rants that he gives in between his trips to Disney World.

Quote:
Mitch!!! (and Disney World)
listen, I agree with you. I'd rather vacation almost anywhere else. I just think it's funny that two months after your response to Tamby in here you began a new thread with "So, I'm hanging out at Disney World..." There's no way I could not call you out on that.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
Josh.0

Quote:
Oh look, another one of Josh's pretend anti- Disney World rants that he gives in between his trips to Disney World.

listen, I agree with you. I'd rather vacation almost anywhere else. I just think it's funny that two months after your response to Tamby in here you began a new thread with "So, I'm hanging out at Disney World..." There's no way I could not call you out on that.
In fairness, I posted it because I knew people would appreciate the irony and humor. I just now have to state my peace about why I was there and how it was nothing more than me trying to challenge my own feelings about a place that Iíd visited over 20 years ago.

And now that Iíve done it I can confirm that I was right
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc