These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #21721
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,690
Depression is not always the result of a series of unfortunate circumstances.

If we're comparing books, I've read Man's Search for Meaning, among others of its range.

Yes, you most definitely need purpose for living, even distractions, but sometimes that still doesn't bury the pain.

Nobody here has said they enjoy being depressed, but we can certainly become used to it, as humans often do with life in general.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #21722
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
. I was clinically diagnosed with clinical depression, OCD (mostly contamination OCD, but a few others as well), and anxiety. I can certainly relate with you guys. I’m here to help anyone in need.
Oh I've been diagnosed. hell when I was 19 I was hospitalized for a week. I stopped taking meds about 7 years ago because I was so broke I couldn't even afford to go to a doctor, let alone get a prescription filled. I've been fine without them for the most part.

It just seems like every time I have something good going, I find a way to sabotage it. Now in this case it wasn't me, it was crooked employers. But I had a damn good thing going BEFORE I got into that, and ignored warning signs going into it.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434

Last edited by MaLaKaS; 04-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #21723
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Oh I've been diagnosed. hell when I was 19 I was hospitalized for a week. I stopped taking meds about 7 years ago because I was so broke I couldn't even afford to go to a doctor, let alone get a prescription filled. I've been fine without them for the most part.

It just seems like every time I have something good going, I find a way to sabotage it. Now in this case it wasn't me, it was crooked employers. But I had a damn good thing going BEFORE I got into that, and ignored warning signs going into it.
Yea, I completely understand. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with this stuff and I've been on medicine, but it doesn't do anything for me besides damage my liver. I think i'm going to get off of them soon.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #21724
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Yea, I completely understand. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with this stuff and I've been on medicine, but it doesn't do anything for me besides damage my liver. I think i'm going to get off of them soon.
I don’t want to hijack the conversation, but yeah those meds are bad news. There are so many natural things you can do to really improve: meditation, exercise, supplements, getting enough sunlight everyday, etc. If you want to discuss any of it, PM me buddy.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #21725
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 8,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I donít want to hijack the conversation, but yeah those meds are bad news. There are so many natural things you can do to really improve: meditation, exercise, supplements, getting enough sunlight everyday, etc. If you want to discuss any of it, PM me buddy.
Yes yes, what Mitch said!
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #21726
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I don’t want to hijack the conversation, but yeah those meds are bad news. There are so many natural things you can do to really improve: meditation, exercise, supplements, getting enough sunlight everyday, etc. If you want to discuss any of it, PM me buddy.


I’ll PM you tonight. Thanks man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #21727
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,334
... too personal

Last edited by Tambourine Man; 04-11-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #21728
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,910
Stuff That Doesn't Need Its Own Thread

Uggh. After the safest year in aviation history (zero commercial crashes in 2017), we’re already at more than 12 civilian/commercial plane crashes this year. What the fuck is going on??
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #21729
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,890
so at work we hosted a prom last night and another one tonight. and I discovered one thing this weekend. And that is that I'm going to hell.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #21730
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
so at work we hosted a prom last night and another one tonight. and I discovered one thing this weekend. And that is that I'm going to hell.
hopefully just impure thoughts, but no actions
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #21731
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,690
Reminds me of this:

gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #21732
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
so at work we hosted a prom last night and another one tonight. and I discovered one thing this weekend. And that is that I'm going to hell.
My brewery occasionally hosts formals for sororities and girls sports teams. Iíll see you there.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:41 PM   #21733
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,890
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #21734
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
... too personal


What is?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #21735
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,690
Wow.

gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM   #21736
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,890
I have two goals for the summer. Start running again and get some golf clubs so I can start golfing again.

There is a mile long pedestrian bridge that goes from Jeffersonville, IN to Louisvilles waterfront park that is perfect for running and I've found some clubs on craiglist for $75.

Gonna be a good summer
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #21737
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,678
If we've learned anything from the TDC/Ants Come Tomorrow threads/beefs it's that TDC has an excellent screening process for new members
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #21738
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,370
I never even know if we're accepting new members. We're not currently, right?
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #21739
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I never even know if we're accepting new members. We're not currently, right?
Only if they can complete the feats of strength
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #21740
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Only if they can complete the feats of strength and are not named Spence
Fixed
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.15181 seconds with 19 queries