These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
sean52692
You failed this band

Dave & Tim Mexico 2020

When Dave and Tim make their Mexico sets, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending Dreaming Tree. They’re not sending Last Stop. They’re sending songs that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing You & Me. They’re bringing Sister. They’re stale. And some, I assume, are good songs.

N1's setlist:
Spoiler:
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
February 14, 2020
Dave and Tim
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancún, ROO, MEX

Oh
Grey Street
Grace Is Gone
Alligator Pie
Satellite
Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
Save Me
Grab the Horns by the Bull
I'll Back You Up
Funny the Way It Is
Little Red Bird
Do You Remember
Gravedigger »
So Damn Lucky
Manfood
Out of My Hands
Lie in Our Graves
Virginia in the Rain
Stay or Leave
Corn Bread
Two Step
-----------------------------------
Sister
Bartender
Old 02-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Well...it’s not complete trash. And there’s IBYU. But yeah, a buncha safezone, tired stuff.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
sean52692
You failed this band

At least N3 should get some stuff with Amos Lee. I hope they give The Maker another shot because boy, that 2019 version at Camden didn't quite work out.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
crazycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
When Dave and Tim make their Mexico sets, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending Dreaming Tree. They’re not sending Last Stop. They’re sending songs that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing You & Me. They’re bringing Sister. They’re stale. And some, I assume, are good songs.

N1's setlist:
Spoiler:
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
February 14, 2020
Dave and Tim
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancún, ROO, MEX

Oh
Grey Street
Grace Is Gone
Alligator Pie
Satellite
Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
Save Me
Grab the Horns by the Bull
I'll Back You Up
Funny the Way It Is
Little Red Bird
Do You Remember
Gravedigger »
So Damn Lucky
Manfood
Out of My Hands
Lie in Our Graves
Virginia in the Rain
Stay or Leave
Corn Bread
Two Step
-----------------------------------
Sister
Bartender
Dave is a very stable genius, that I can tell you.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
dmb2much40

Well... Oh is different and little red bird is cool...bartender closed instead of opened...about the only bright spots I see. Hopefully sets up N2 & N3 to be more interesting.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #6
Tomacco

The next two shows will be more interesting I’m sure.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
justin1013471
bored

Quote:
justin1013471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:25 PM   #8
willndmb

Quote:
At least N3 should get some stuff with Amos Lee. I hope they give The Maker another shot because boy, that 2019 version at Camden didn't quite work out.
Amos opens tonight so I think he will sit in tonight
I saw Rayland open for someone, might have been TR3, and he was decent too
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #9
Josh.0

I’m at a point where I feel like a fool complaining about weak D&T or DMB sets because weak is the status quo and has been for at least five years, probably more like ten, with a handful of gems sprinkled in between.

They don’t care about surprising you, me, or anyone else regularly or reimagining old songs they don’t play often and nothing’s going to change. This is all about the $$$ now and has been for a while. They’re riding the gravy train into the sunset and they made that decision years ago. They’ve release one album in a eight years and half of it was old music! What does that tell you?

Why do you guys still get so worked up? This is how it’s going to be until the day Dave steps away from the stage. He likes being the center of a profit machine now, being an artist isn’t even close to his main interest anymore. That’s not meant to be harsh of criticism of Dave either, BTW, it’s just pointing out the obvious and saying “it is what it is, time for hardcores to get over it or move on.”

DMB, as we knew and loved it, is dead. It has been since probably 2012, at best 2014. It’s okay, too. All good things must come to an end and high quality DMB did a long, long time ago.

If you pay a ton of money to go on these dumb retreat shows and then you’re disappointed by getting the same giant slice of shit pie you’ve been getting for years and years and years, that’s on you. I’m probably going to the Gorge this year, but I don’t expect jack shit. I’m just going to finally do it, maybe see some old friends, and close the book.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #10
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I’m at a point where I feel like a fool complaining about weak D&T or DMB sets because weak is the status quo and has been for at least five years, probably more like ten, with a handful of gems sprinkled in between.

They don’t care about surprising you, me, or anyone else regularly or reimagining old songs they don’t play often and nothing’s going to change. This is all about the $$$ now and has been for a while. They’re riding the gravy train into the sunset and they made that decision years ago. They’ve release one album in a eight years and half of it was old music! What does that tell you?

Why do you guys still get so worked up? This is how it’s going to be until the day Dave steps away from the stage. He likes being the center of a profit machine now, being an artist isn’t even close to his main interest anymore. That’s not meant to be harsh of criticism of Dave either, BTW, it’s just pointing out the obvious and saying “it is what it is, time for hardcores to get over it or move on.”

DMB, as we knew and loved it, is dead. It has been since probably 2012, at best 2014. It’s okay, too. All good things must come to an end and high quality DMB did a long, long time ago.
Agreed.
Someone that was there last night said Dave said this (in a joking tone but pretty much echoes what he’s been saying for a few years now)
I’m not piling on the guy cause it is what it is now. Funny he keeps making a habit out of saying stuff like that tho

“Thanks for coming I’ll be happy to play whatever the fuck I want”
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
Josh.0

Yeah he’s been saying that since like 2006. He says something along those lines before, I believe, IOY on the Fenway LT. While the guy definitely has his philanthropic side, he grew into old age as kind of a dick.

I get it, he has a gazillion fans and he’s over hearing the same old shit, but at the same time he asks for it by always insisting on staying in the spotlight. But people that expect him to be some mindful guy when it comes to what his longtime fans want are kidding themselves beyond belief.

Live shows are only about money and ego boosts (by way of constant affirmation from dull fans) for Dave and have been for a long time.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #12
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry

Quote:

Perfect summary.
Well said
Dschakobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #13
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Agreed.
Someone that was there last night said Dave said this (in a joking tone but pretty much echoes what he’s been saying for a few years now)
I’m not piling on the guy cause it is what it is now. Funny he keeps making a habit out of saying stuff like that tho

“Thanks for coming I’ll be happy to play whatever the fuck I want”
20,000 people (or whatever the capacity is there) fly's in and drops a ton of cash on these 3 shows and he says "thanks for coming, I'll play whatever the fuck I want"? I mean, the nerve is absurd. He's lucky people still go.

What's he getting at, he doesn't owe his fans anything? The same fans who made him? What a ridiculous thing to come out night 1 and say.

Also, Josh.0 you're bang on, no doubt. I get it, but Dave should smarten the fk up though.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #14
Josh.0

It’ll never happen. “Humble” Dave died with the poor fan reaction to Everyday and was buried with the poorer fan reaction to Stand Up.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #15
dmb1981

Quote:
It’ll never happen. “Humble” Dave died with the poor fan reaction to Everyday and was buried with the poorer fan reaction to Stand Up.
Definitely.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:13 PM   #16
Tomacco

Has everyone forgotten 2017? Those D&T sets were amazing.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #17
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Has everyone forgotten 2017? Those D&T sets were amazing.
Three years ago? Aren’t you the one who was complaining about the boring soundcheck? Night 1 sure supported your claim.

And yes, it will likely get much better.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #18
sean52692
You failed this band

Problem is, all of the fans at the Mexico shows love the current, lazy product. It's comfortable. They know the material and can talk over the older or quieter songs they don't know. Half of them are only there for the attention on Facebook anyway.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #19
pepelapag
You're Fuckin' Out

Quote:
Problem is, all of the fans at the Mexico shows love the current, lazy product. It's comfortable. They know the material and can talk over the older or quieter songs they don't know. Half of them are only there for the attention on Facebook anyway.
But this is every fanbase nowadays, and has been DMB’s fanbase since the beginning. I’m actually surprised the band didn’t start mailing it in even before ED came out. They could have and still been as successful.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #20
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Three years ago? Aren’t you the one who was complaining about the boring soundcheck? Night 1 sure supported your claim.

And yes, it will likely get much better.
I was moreso responding to the "Dave's been playing boring sets for years now"-oriented comments.

Night 1 looked boring, yes. And soundcheck was boring.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc