These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc > DMB Live Release Discussion
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

Live Trax 32 - August 23, 2014 | Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA (w/ DVD & Bonus Disc) - released December 9, 2014

Dave Matthews Band performed three shows at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA on August 22-24, 2014. The Saturday show of the celebrated weekend has been chosen as Live Trax 32 and will be released in its entirety as a 1-DVD / 3-CD set. Select songs from the Friday and Sunday shows will be available on a bonus disk with pre-orders (8 songs for Warehouse members/5 songs for public store).

The August 23rd Greek show features never-before-released acoustic material and showcases the band’s intimately cohesive, high-spirited live delivery of their music. Highlights of Live Trax 32 include the tour's acoustic debut of One Sweet World and the first live release of If Only. Rhyme and Reason with Stefan on stand-up bass and Jeff Coffin on flute and the funky, infectious groove of Recently are also noteworthy. Electric set stand-outs include the set opening #41 followed by When the World Ends and Rooftop and an explosive Grey Street which brought the energy of an encore during mid-show. The Lovely Ladies contributed in large part to the Berkeley magic, joining the band for tremendous vocals on Everyday, You and Me and Burning Down the House. The show-closing Rapunzel was a nice surprise ending to a stellar evening with the band.

The bonus disc contains a round-up of the best tunes from the first and last nights of the Greek stand including Tim’s epic performance in You Might Die Trying; a beautiful acoustic Typical Situation as well as the latest iteration of Bartender performed by Dave and Tim. For the long-time fans, the debut acoustic release of Loving Wings offers both beauty and liveliness that parallel the electric version. Tripping Billies and What Would You Say round out the disc as additional acoustic release debuts.

Please note – Live Trax 32 is available for pre-order and will ship on or around December 5, 2014.

Dave Matthews Band
August 23, 2014
William Randolph Hearst Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA

Stay or Leave
Satellite
One Sweet World
Sweet
Crash into Me
Rhyme & Reason
Recently
Ants Marching
-----------------------------------
When the World Ends
Rooftop
Digging a Ditch
Warehouse
If Only
Grey Street
Lover Lay Down
Everyday !
You & Me !
Can't Stop !
Burning Down the House !
-----------------------------------
The Space Between
Granny
Pantala Naga Pampa Ľ
Rapunzel

! = The Lovely Ladies (!!!!!!)
EXTENDED TRAX

1. Bartender 8.22.14
2. Typical Situation 8.24.14
3. You Might Die Trying 8.22.14
4. Spaceman 8.22.14
5. Drive In, Drive Out 8.24.14
6. Loving Wings 8.24.14
7. Tripping Billies 8.24.14
8. What Would You Say 8.22.14

Last edited by TheNoise; 11-05-2014 at 08:11 PM.
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu

Meh
KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
.Gary.

Great, more shit.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Woof.

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Oh, so the tour MVPs, Two Step and Minarets, aren't included? FUCK. Also, no Snow Outside, Beach Ball, I'll Back You Up?

EXTENDED TRAX

1. Bartender 8.22.14
4. Spaceman 8.22.14
6. Loving Wings 8.24.14

This is probably the worst-case scenario release.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
celluloid hero

At least a Greek dvd will be cool to see. Bonus disc is solid, also continuing that trend.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #7
KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu

No Snow Outside either! Unbelievable...
KwaKeeSirPeeNeeKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Tomacco

I know people are gonna hate on this for sure. But I don't care. I was at those shows, had a blast, and listen to the recordings a lot. Love that I'll get a DVD of the show. I will say though that the Saturday show was easily the lesser of the three, so that's a shame. On the plus side, they got Typical and Loving Wings on the bonus disc, which are amazing versions. And WWYS and DIDO was great this year, and this version of YMDT is awesome too.

Shame no inclusion of LBV, Seek Up, Snow Outside, SDL, Two Step, BOWA or Minarets.
I think at least though people will appreciate and enjoy these official released acoustic songs, since they're the first we're getting.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Wonder what Live Trax 33 will be.....wait.....does anyone even care anymore? Releasing this one is pretty much a kick in the nuts.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

woof is right

Well I'll download Recently and Rhyme I guess. Glad the bonus disc thing is becoming the norm

Hopefully they'll hook us up with some good dmblive. I hope that they give us another old school D&T show like they did with the 2 LTs in late 2012 and 3/3/99 in Jan '14. Hope that releasing one in winter is gonna become the pattern for sure
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I know people are gonna hate on this for sure. But I don't care. I was at those shows, had a blast, and listen to the recordings a lot. Love that I'll get a DVD of the show. I will say though that the Saturday show was easily the lesser of the three, so that's a shame. On the plus side, they got Typical and Loving Wings on the bonus disc, which are amazing versions. And WWYS and DIDO was great this year, and this version of YMDT is awesome too.

Shame no inclusion of LBV, Seek Up, Snow Outside, SDL, or Minarets.
Cool man always nice when a show you were at and enjoyed comes out
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #12
italy8384

DVD...really? You could probably find higher quality video on Youtube of the show. They have to be the only band out there that has yet to release a bluray (not counting Dave and Tim).
italy8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:

Shame no inclusion of LBV, Seek Up, Snow Outside, SDL, Two Step, BOWA or Minarets.
I think at least though people will appreciate and enjoy these official released acoustic songs, since they're the first we're getting.
Yep, terrible show to choose.
DMBCLSTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy8384 View Post
DVD...really? You could probably find higher quality video on Youtube of the show. They have to be the only band out there that has yet to release a bluray (not counting Dave and Tim).
It's not going to be a bonus disc of a Live Trax. Ever. Stop expecting it, should have stopped expecting it with the CVille show. In order to do that, they need to make multiple packages for video, which is harder to predict. If a bluray happens, it will not be a standard Live Trax show.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #15
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:

Who doesn't have a blast at the shows. I get that, but if I am shelling out $25, I expect a top tier show.
DMBCLSTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #16
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Oh, so the tour MVPs, Two Step and Minarets, aren't included? FUCK. Also, no Snow Outside, Beach Ball, I'll Back You Up?

EXTENDED TRAX

1. Bartender 8.22.14
4. Spaceman 8.22.14
6. Loving Wings 8.24.14

This is probably the worst-case scenario release.
I hate to pile on, but this is a terrible pick. Predictable, but come on, picking anything that doesn't have those two songs on it, and not even bothering to put them on the bonus disc? Unforgivable. Fuck this one. Pass.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #17
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Can't believe they're bundling those Sperry prints. I wonder what the run on them is.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #18
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
It's not going to be a bonus disc of a Live Trax. Ever. Stop expecting it, should have stopped expecting it with the CVille show. In order to do that, they need to make multiple packages for video, which is harder to predict. If a bluray happens, it will not be a standard Live Trax show.
I don't think he's saying it should be a bonus disc, I think he's saying DMB should pick a show and release it on blu-ray, that's it, aside from the LT series. Feels like they're wasting their time with DVD's, which are slowly becoming obsolete.

It's cool that a DVD is included, but man, this show is just VASTLY underwhelming.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
celluloid hero

Quote:
Wonder what Live Trax 33 will be.....wait.....does anyone even care anymore? Releasing this one is pretty much a kick in the nuts.
did we stop caring when LT 10 was shit? Do you really think anyone will be less excited if 33 rules because 32 did not? Probably more excited, don't you think?

If anyone thought this wouldn't be a 2014, you haven't been paying attention the last 12 years. Certainly could have been a better show, no doubt. But only 1 show would have satisfied and I'm guessing the venue had to do with the selection.

I'd like to see Snow Outside w/ Bela on the WH disc.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #20
celluloid hero

Quote:
I don't think he's saying it should be a bonus disc, I think he's saying DMB should pick a show and release it on blu-ray, that's it, aside from the LT series. Feels like they're wasting their time with DVD's, which are slowly becoming obsolete.

It's cool that a DVD is included, but man, this show is just VASTLY underwhelming.
If that's what he thinks, then it shouldn't be so flabbergasting in a thread responding to a DVD on Live Trax. I would say the timing, and the thread that it's posted in debate your point. Show selection aside.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc > DMB Live Release Discussion