These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #81
batleon

My Summer '10 shows were pretty good. Strangely enough my Fall '10 shows (the better tour that year) were kinda subpar.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #82
KerwinMcgee
Behind The Mask

I went to Philly, MSG Night 2 and Cville N2 on the Fall 2010 Tour. 3 great shows. Getting Last Stop at every one was pretty cool. I got my fix.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #83
Tomacco

My summer 2010 shows were among the worst (Huntington Park, Wrigley n1) and best (WPB/MSG) I've ever seen. I think I left my shows in 2014/15 happier overall than 2010 to be honest. Saw some real inconsistent sets in 2010.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #84
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Glad I was there to watch them jump the shark.

I do remember a fair amount of hate in late '09 and most of '10 because of the heavy BW play every show. Pales in comparison to the '14-'15 hate though I think.
I was in the lounge early on during the show throwing back numerous alcoholic beverage in effort to make it bearable. A few songs in, I was chatting up some chick who had a setlist. We looked through it and saw "LL" next to a bunch of songs. We were like "Who's initials are LL?" (she was half in the bag as well).

We pondered it for a few songs and suddenly she was like "holy shit, could it mean Lovely Ladies?" I remember stopping dead in my tracks and being like, "No, no, no. No way. They wouldn't do that again. Why here? It makes no sense."

So I go out for the end of the set (I literally stayed in the lounge through the first 3/4 of it because it was more fun back there than anything occurring onstage), and sure enough, out they come. I couldn't believe it. The freakin' LL's actually meant Lovely Ladies. I was really, really hammered at that point so I decided to wildly cheer them because I can appreciate a good trolling when I see one. Nice work, Dave. What a night.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #85
TDunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
That is really pretty sad.

Are uva students still on campus?
Yeah its sad.

They should be for the most part. If it was Skrillex it'd be sold out.

Pricing was godawful, i mean $90 for uppers? No wonder you can pull 4 packs of uppers all over rows C thru H in the closest upper sections, 313, 314, 302, 303

And just 1 show isn't going to bring in a mass of travelers to the area.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #86
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I disagree. I think D+F could easily happen again...with all the same members? No. That I agree with. But the fact Dave can't put some people together for a solo album tour? He definitely can if he wants. And he could still call it Dave and friends.
Most friends Dave would want to pull in are probably more credible at this point in their careers than he is. If anything, it would be "Trey and Friends" and Dave would be one of the friends.

I mean they're not selling out one show in Charlottesville. Charlottesville! A 25th anniversary show, no less, while school still appears to be in session!

Of course, money talks, and the biggest problem is ticket prices. They love to think "We play what we want!" but then fail to realize that when you play what you want for years and years and years you can't ask for people to pay for tickets that are priced similarly to your peak-popularity. Play what you want, but when the masses lose interest, if you still want to play in front of a packed house you have to scale back your ticket prices for them to be even remotely interested in seeing you play what you want.

It's so obvious what happened to this band - they started caring less about the crowd and more about their own wants while on stage, and now people are really surprised that the crowd's responded by not paying to see their concert? I'm not. "We play what we want!" Ok, well I pay for what I want. And it's not you anymore. Anyone with an iota of common sense has seen this coming for about a decade.

I think they thought they were above this happening to them - well, say hello to 2016, DMB! At this point, you're post-Achilles-heel-Kobe-Bryant.

And I realize at the end of the day Dave doesn't care because LOLZ SO MUCH MONEYS IN BANK ACCOUNTS!, but he will when he's 60 and 70 and bored with what his money can do and wishing he could still see 20,000+ people singing along to true, quintessential DMB songs.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.

Last edited by Josh.0; 04-28-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #87
Tomacco

I don't understand how this show isn't sold out while getting tickets for Cincinnatti, Burgettstown, Blossom, SPAC, etc was so hard as soon as they went on sale. Not to mention, it seemed like a chunk of people got declined from WH for this show, and couldn't get tickets on TM when they went on sale at first. I don't understand how ticketing works these days.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #88
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I don't understand how this show isn't sold out while getting tickets for Cincinnatti, Burgettstown, Blossom, SPAC, etc was so hard as soon as they went on sale. Not to mention, it seemed like a chunk of people got declined from WH for this show, and couldn't get tickets on TM when they went on sale at first. I don't understand how ticketing works these days.
Those shows have fun tailgates, that's why. If enough people in a given area want to spend the day in the sun drinking beer, they will sell a lot of tickets.

If they're going to an area where tailgating isn't as much of a "thing" and people have to actually be big enough fans of their music to hand them a $100 bill, then they're not going to sell out.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #89
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I was in the lounge early on during the show throwing back numerous alcoholic beverage in effort to make it bearable. A few songs in, I was chatting up some chick who had a setlist. We looked through it and saw "LL" next to a bunch of songs. We were like "Who's initials are LL?" (she was half in the bag as well).

We pondered it for a few songs and suddenly she was like "holy shit, could it mean Lovely Ladies?" I remember stopping dead in my tracks and being like, "No, no, no. No way. They wouldn't do that again. Why here? It makes no sense."

So I go out for the end of the set (I literally stayed in the lounge through the first 3/4 of it because it was more fun back there than anything occurring onstage), and sure enough, out they come. I couldn't believe it. The freakin' LL's actually meant Lovely Ladies. I was really, really hammered at that point so I decided to wildly cheer them because I can appreciate a good trolling when I see one. Nice work, Dave. What a night.
Why were you so miserable at the show BEFORE the LLs showed up? The second set began with Granny, Seek Up and So Right. And there were a bunch of great songs in the acoustic set...
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #90
Josh.0

Quote:
Why were you so miserable at the show BEFORE the LLs showed up? The second set began with Granny, Seek Up and So Right. And there were a bunch of great songs in the acoustic set...
The only ones I remember regretting missing were Granny and So Right. I've seen Seek Up a million times, and while I like it, I was more interested in what was going on where I was.

I was miserable because the sound that the band has is nothing like the sound that made me originally fall in love with them.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #91
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The only ones I remember regretting missing were Granny and So Right. I've seen Seek Up a million times, and while I like it, I was more interested in what was going on where I was.

I was miserable because the sound that the band has is nothing like the sound that made me originally fall in love with them.
The lounge was so clutch for '14-'15 shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #92
Josh.0

Damn right.

I met Rashawn in 2013 or 2014 - the time Daniel Bard was in there too - and I must have talked to Rashawn for 20 minutes and remember little of it. That open bar is a bitch, but he must have liked whatever it was I had to say because he stuck around.

Kind of like when we talked to the dude from Guster. He talked to us for awhile but I have no idea about what.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #93
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Actually, if you read his actual posts in the show thread he was pretty excited when the ll's showed up

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #94
Josh.0

I was pumped. Epic troll by DMB and I knew how to appreciate it. My posts clearly convey my enjoyment of the absurdity of it all.

I long ago accepted DMB's jumped the shark and go for the spectacle of watching them suck and seeing people be surprised about it and complain like a bunch of clueless asshats afterwards. It's a lot of fun when you add copious amounts of alcohol.

I can still stay I get drunk here right? Or are dads gonna come out of the woodwork and tell me how lame I am for using alcohol to have fun?
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #95
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Part of being a dad is using alcohol to have fun. Hell, that's how I got all my kids.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #96
Josh.0

Mike, I am contemplating going to Hartford if I can get into the lounge again. You gotta get in there too. We can get hammered, go into the pit, and start chanting "Lovely Ladies" between songs just to see all the bros around us get their panties tied up in bunches
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #97
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Part of being a dad is using alcohol to have fun. Hell, that's how I got all my kids.
...touché
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #98
Tomacco

I can totally understand going to a show I don't really care about to drink and hang out. But if I'm going to spend the show in the lounge and not even watch the show... don't really understand how that's better than going to a bar.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #99
soright05

You Might Die Trying
Belly Belly Nice
Save Me
Seven
If Only
Squirm
Rooftop
Jimi Thing
Diggin a Ditch
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Corn Bread
You and Me
What Would You say
So Much To Say
Anyone Seen the Bridge
(Too Much)
Ants Marching

The Space Between
Granny
Grey Street
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #100
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
You Might Die Trying
Belly Belly Nice
Save Me
Seven
If Only
Squirm
Rooftop
Jimi Thing
Diggin a Ditch
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Corn Bread
You and Me
What Would You say
So Much To Say
Anyone Seen the Bridge
(Too Much)
Ants Marching

The Space Between
Granny
Grey Street
What a cookie-cutter DMB set these days, man that'd be disappointing.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc