These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #1141
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I actually agree. I bought the final LCD Soundsystem show vinyl last year, and I haven't even listened to it. I've listened to the download, but the vinyl is not only 5 LPs, but I don't know what you call it, but A, B, C, etc are on different LPs, DJ-style.

Those are even worse...

A: D, B:C, etc. That shit pisses me off
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #1142
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
That's not to say I probably wouldn't scoop up an 'actual' classic live release should they put them on wax:

Listener Supported, Red Rocks, etc.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #1143
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,300
Luther.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #1144
zaphod!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 21,326
i'm late to the party, but i can't believe how good UTTAD sounds. i have a new appreciation for some of these songs

can't wait for the re-releases of the other two thirds of the big 3 to get the same treatment
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #1145
dobyblue
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gilead
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
i'm late to the party, but i can't believe how good UTTAD sounds. i have a new appreciation for some of these songs

can't wait for the re-releases of the other two thirds of the big 3 to get the same treatment
If the plan stays as is, they won't get the same treatment...they'll be cut AAA without additional dynamic range compression applied and should sound even better.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #1146
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
If the plan stays as is, they won't get the same treatment...they'll be cut AAA without additional dynamic range compression applied and should sound even better.
omg please let this happen
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #1147
momadance511
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
If the plan stays as is, they won't get the same treatment...they'll be cut AAA without additional dynamic range compression applied and should sound even better.
I don't know much at all about the whole compression thing (just what I hear on my shitty turntable) but I personally wasn't "wow'ed" by the quality of my UTTAD the way I was with my Remember Two Things or Live Trax 3. Not sure if those were done differently but I'd definitely like to hear Crash and BTCS with "the better dynamic sound quality"
momadance511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #1148
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance511 View Post
I don't know much at all about the whole compression thing (just what I hear on my shitty turntable) but I personally wasn't "wow'ed" by the quality of my UTTAD the way I was with my Remember Two Things or Live Trax 3. Not sure if those were done differently but I'd definitely like to hear Crash and BTCS with "the better dynamic sound quality"
I feel the same way, the UTTAD release was dissappointing compared to R2T and the Live Trax releases. It is basically just a decoration for me now.
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #1149
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,212
I just want a friggin 5.1/SACD or something of BTCS done by Lillywhite himself damn't

Pipe dream though
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 AM   #1150
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,013
I totally disagree, I really enjoy UTTAD and look forward to future releases.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #1151
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I totally disagree, I really enjoy UTTAD and look forward to future releases.
Granny was such a nice surprise too. I've gotten burned in the past with other groups- drooling over getting a bside we knew existed for many years, and it ending up being just a rough unfinished sketch. Ever since then I never get my hopes up. It's really friggin awesome that Granny ended up being a totally complete outtake
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #1152
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,013
I can't imagine what they have in the archives for Crash.

I'd also love any possible demos (of the songs that actually made the cut) from the BTCS sessions.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #1153
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I can't imagine what they have in the archives for Crash.

I'd also love any possible demos (of the songs that actually made the cut) from the BTCS sessions.
From a Lillywhite newsgroup post in 1998.

"ok. Granny was the only song recorded for UTTAD that wasn't included. Turned out pretty cool but decided there was enough other good stuff"

"On Crash we recorded True Reflections, Get in Line, Help Myself, #36. I think that's all! I pretty much decided which was to be used on it"

"On BTCS, there was only one not used which had a working title of Machead, may appear with D+T at some point. it is a beautiful ballad."
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #1154
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,013
Yeah, that's what I mean, that'd be awesome.....Crash 'bonus songs' and BTCS 'demos'....like early cuts of DDTW, Rapunzel, Spoon and Pig.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #1155
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I totally disagree, I really enjoy UTTAD and look forward to future releases.
Don't get me wrong... I LOVED the intention with this. I loved that they added Granny to the digital release and remastered it and all that. I just was disappointed with the pressing.

I'm really looking forward to Crash and BTCS, I just hope they're done AAA and pressed well.
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #1156
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
If they did BTCS the way this is now rumored to go down...

What does that do to the original BTCS pressing? Essentially it'd be deemed irrelevant (as far as quality is concerned), right?
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #1157
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
If they did BTCS the way this is now rumored to go down...

What does that do to the original BTCS pressing? Essentially it'd be deemed irrelevant (as far as quality is concerned), right?
I wouldn't call the original low quality... but yeah if you're looking at it from just the quality perspective, hopefully the new one is better, thus lowering demand on the original. Though there will be those that are still after the first pressing for collection reasons.
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #1158
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Also, I move to request that this thread be retitled to something along the lines of "Studio Vinyl", since there really isn't a thread dedicated to these re-releases. The R2T vinyl thread has fallen into oblivion and we've since crossed over to general studio vinyl release discussion...

Just sayin...


edit: seems nobody is going to miss the UTTAD cd discussion, and the Recently 10" would stay relevant...
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #1159
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I wouldn't call the original low quality... but yeah if you're looking at it from just the quality perspective, hopefully the new one is better, thus lowering demand on the original. Though there will be those that are still after the first pressing for collection reasons.
Hmmm... will be interesting to see how many of the people on here that have that BTCS vinyl are going to unload them, if they don't see them as necessary for their own collection.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #1160
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,013
Recently, R2T, UTTAD and Live Trax discussion lumped into one DMB on Vinyl thread. I dig it.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11216 seconds with 25 queries