These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #201
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
What, do you mean mean some of their live shows from the past few months?
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #202
shnick
Bob Loblaw, Attorney at Law
 
shnick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 4,968
if anyone is interested in trading some live shows, PM me... I've got a great collection and am always looking to share/expand

best live band on the planet right now, IMHO
__________________
-nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI
my car insurance costs more than you get in welfare each month, stop laughing.
shnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #203
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,615
going to my first UM show in Boston next Thursday... never listened to them before. i'm looking forward to it.

by the way, what is the band's stance on trading the shows you purchase? let's be sure not to offer up links to albums that are purchased that maybe construed as giving them away for free.
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #204
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
going to my first UM show in Boston next Thursday... never listened to them before. i'm looking forward to it.

by the way, what is the band's stance on trading the shows you purchase? let's be sure not to offer up links to albums that are purchased that maybe construed as giving them away for free.
It's a no-no, just as you would expect.

You will love the show.

Have you never listened to them before? Like at all? You should probably give mantis a few spins.
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #205
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 17,728
[Only registered users can see links.]

Please god tell me this is an april fools joke at the top.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #206
The Godfather
#COYR
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 21,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Please god tell me this is an april fools joke at the top.
of course it is bro!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatmaker19
It's only a gambling problem if you're losing.
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #207
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Please god tell me this is an april fools joke at the top.
hahah OF COURSE it is
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #208
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
Going to see the boys on Sunday in CT...Have not seen them since the new cd came out. Hope it is a good one. Last show I went to was a bore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #209
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 17,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Going to see the boys on Sunday in CT...Have not seen them since the new cd came out. Hope it is a good one. Last show I went to was a bore.
Saw them on Friday in STL, it was a really great show...enjoy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #210
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Going to see the boys on Sunday in CT...Have not seen them since the new cd came out. Hope it is a good one. Last show I went to was a bore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
Saw them on Friday in STL, it was a really great show...enjoy
As did I. Prepare to be blown away. These spring sets are fantastic... especially the Mantis songs. What was your last show?
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #211
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Going to see the boys on Sunday in CT...Have not seen them since the new cd came out. Hope it is a good one. Last show I went to was a bore.
first post here, been reading for a while....

I'm going to the CT show too, very excited. It is actually a full acoustic show which should certainly be interesting. They're not afraid to pull out some of their very electric songs in an acoustic setting, i.e. DBK at the Barrymore this year. Should be a great show.
mja271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 AM   #212
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou1 So1di3r View Post
As did I. Prepare to be blown away. These spring sets are fantastic... especially the Mantis songs. What was your last show?



Last show I went to was Calvin Theater...Forget when it was but it was sometime last fall. I never tracked out my tape from the show. Guess I should do that soon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #213
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
first post here, been reading for a while....

I'm going to the CT show too, very excited. It is actually a full acoustic show which should certainly be interesting. They're not afraid to pull out some of their very electric songs in an acoustic setting, i.e. DBK at the Barrymore this year. Should be a great show.
SICK...will be my 25th seeing them and I have never caught an acoustic show.
I did not see this on the tour page but do now. Come upstairs and say . I will be taping from the balcony.


Keith
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #214
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Last show I went to was Calvin Theater...Forget when it was but it was sometime last fall. I never tracked out my tape from the show. Guess I should do that soon.
This was the only Calvin Theatre show I found in 2008, but it looks like it was from April 11th...? It was close to my first show 4.5.08...

Quote:
Set One

Walletsworth > 2x2, Visions of Parin > Words, The Haunt > White Man's Moccasins

Set Two

#5 > 2nd self, Der Bluten Kat > "Jimmy Stewart"* > Der Bluten Kat, 13 Days, Hey 19 > Eat^

Encore

Mulche's Odyssey

Notes
U-Melt opened
* with vocals
^ with Brendan on percussion

It looks awesome, but then again, maybe after 20+ shows things get bland, I'm only on 8
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #215
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
^

After some of the shows I have seen it was not good at all.
I can not remember the date but I saw a UM show at Look Park in Northampton/Florence, MA

SICK SICK SICK...My tape from that show is all messed up and I have yet to find another source but there were other tapers there that night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #216
shnick
Bob Loblaw, Attorney at Law
 
shnick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 4,968
man i'm jealous of all you NE people that are seeing them this week... they were only here a few months ago and i'm already DYING to see them again. can't get nearly enough umph.

teefs... do you have a lot of UM recordings out there?
__________________
-nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI
my car insurance costs more than you get in welfare each month, stop laughing.
shnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #217
shnick
Bob Loblaw, Attorney at Law
 
shnick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 4,968
oh, and here is a link for endless UM mp3s...

[Only registered users can see links.]

this guy took all of the UM free podcasts (i think there are 73 so far) and broke them all up into individual songs. tons of good shit caressed by none other than kevin browning. enjoy!
__________________
-nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI
my car insurance costs more than you get in welfare each month, stop laughing.
shnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #218
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnick View Post
man i'm jealous of all you NE people that are seeing them this week... they were only here a few months ago and i'm already DYING to see them again. can't get nearly enough umph.

teefs... do you have a lot of UM recordings out there?
I have just about every show I have been to. I have a few on archive since I always have trouble tracking them. Sitting on two UM/Yonder shows from a few summers ago that I should make public.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #219
Buddy The Elf
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PhanQuarters
Posts: 13,668
Anyone know if UM has posters on this tour?
If so did they have tubes?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
and once again, I'm an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by H78 View Post
How can folks gripe about MP3 vs. FLAC quality when it comes to shows but then turn around and buy the new record on vinyl?
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #220
FrogDawg658
Leroi Moore
 
FrogDawg658's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 464
Anyone want front row center seats to UM Wednesday April 8th at The Calvin Theater in Northampton MA??

Tickets are 34, face plus fees.

Email [Only registered users can see links.]

or call 896-7300

Please no PM's I am never on.
__________________
MSG
FrogDawg658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08422 seconds with 16 queries