These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #161
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Yeah well we've gotten busy 8 out of the last 10 days trying to make it happen.... it's like we're newly married again.
good luck and have fun
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #162
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Celebrating the 5-year anniversary with the wife tonight (she's in the restroom at the restaurant right now).... Perfect evening in downtown Ft Worth. We eat a great dinner and I'm paying the triple-digit bill (as only an anniversary would call for at this point in our lives) and FTWII comes over the speakers right as we receive the check. Which, of course, has us reminiscing about when this single released, we were moving into our first apartment together and were all giddy about Tim being on the record.... After seeing him and TR3 in Dallas on our 'first date'... Time flies, never forget the little things.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #163
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Celebrating the 5-year anniversary with the wife tonight (she's in the restroom at the restaurant right now).... Perfect evening in downtown Ft Worth. We eat a great dinner and I'm paying the triple-digit bill (as only an anniversary would call for at this point in our lives) and FTWII comes over the speakers right as we receive the check. Which, of course, has us reminiscing about when this single released, we were moving into our first apartment together and were all giddy about Tim being on the record.... After seeing him and TR3 in Dallas on our 'first date'... Time flies, never forget the little things.
Well done, always remember to celebrate life.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #164
Mitch

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Well done, always remember to celebrate life.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #165
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

married folks,

Is it possible to have a solid marriage if one party listens to good, respectable music and the other.....does not? I mean, she WILL listen to good music and sing along if it's put on by someone else but her itunes is an absolute disaster.

For instance, she's been listening to music while making breakfast and doing dishes this morning for about 30 minutes. I have to imagine that more than one song has occurred, but you could've fooled me. It's been choruses of D-A-Bm-G for literally 30 minutes. Written so upliftingly that it's depressing as hell.

I know it's kind of a tiny thing, and we've been to shows of each other's favorite artists and had fun, but this shit isnt a deal-breaker is it? Or is my resentment for terrible music going to catch up with me? Do I need to smoke more weed? Or just relax? I feel like malachite00 probably has some good insight here
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #166
drummerkrf

I will say that my wife and I's similar taste in good music was something that added to my attraction to her... We share new music with each other and going to shows is something we always do together and both thoroughly enjoy.

So... Not sure if that helps or not.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #167
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
married folks,

Is it possible to have a solid marriage if one party listens to good, respectable music and the other.....does not? I mean, she WILL listen to good music and sing along if it's put on by someone else but her itunes is an absolute disaster.

For instance, she's been listening to music while making breakfast and doing dishes this morning for about 30 minutes. I have to imagine that more than one song has occurred, but you could've fooled me. It's been choruses of D-A-Bm-G for literally 30 minutes. Written so upliftingly that it's depressing as hell.

I know it's kind of a tiny thing, and we've been to shows of each other's favorite artists and had fun, but this shit isnt a deal-breaker is it? Or is my resentment for terrible music going to catch up with me? Do I need to smoke more weed? Or just relax? I feel like malachite00 probably has some good insight here
As long as she cooks & does the dishes....? I don't know, I could live with it.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #168
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
As long as she cooks & does the dishes....? I don't know, I could live with it.
I hear you. She's great at both
Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #169
drummerkrf

Need your help: What are my options?

I lost 3 hours of sleep last night trying to figure out what my options are and what I should do about something that happened to my wife yesterday that is very concerning. Here's the run-down:

On her commute home, just 1/2mile away from the house, my wife encountered an asshole that was tailgating her too closely. Coming to a 4-way stop sign, she stopped per usual and began to accelerate through the intersection, and the guy honked at her as if he was pissed that she was taking too long at her stop. She then recognized that this was the same vehicle that had done this to her before, about a year ago.

(A year ago this same thing happened, but she was in a different car at the time, he tailgated her following her to the next stop sign, where he honked a second time... she flipped him off and then he followed her to our house.)

THIS time though, she stopped before getting into the intersection, looked back in her rear-view mirror, and recognized the guy, who proceeded to point at her with his left hand and flip her off with his right (again, there's no way he knew it was her from a year ago and in a different car, from sitting behind her at a stop sign).

So she stopped abruptly (fuming, as you'd well imagine), rolled her window down, and motioned for him to pass her by, because she didn't want to deal with it and she definitely didn't want to escalate things to where the guy was tailing her home again.

He refused to go past her, so she went on ahead down the road to the next stop sign, where she would go straight through the intersection and into our neighborhood. At THIS stop sign, the guy did the same thing, but this time (she thinks) because she didn't give him enough room on the right hand side to squeeze by (its a 1-lane road), roll through the stop and take his right hand turn (she had witnessed the same guy do this to another car in front of her just Monday).

At this point she takes off, lets him turn, and decides to abruptly make the right turn after he does (yeah, he had already turned in time for her to make that decision while she was in the middle of the intersection).

Anyway, at this point he's in front of her and knows that SHE is following him, so he ducks off on some side street and puts his car in reverse, ... like he was prepared to back into her once she made the same turn to follow, which she did.

At this point, window still rolled down, she yells out the window something about 'disrespecting women' (probably including choice words, not sure)... to which he yells a response that included 'bitch'... so... pretty standard protocol there.

She went around him in an attempt to get on with things, he followed, so she pulled into a cul-de-sac and parked, he did the same. It was a 'stand off' because neither wanted the other to follow each other to their respective homes...

During this whole ordeal, she was on the phone with her mom, so she got his tags, make, model, etc.

My wife would eventually take off, with him following, and make a few turns to retrace her path (heading to the Police Dept if he followed) as he broke off and went a different direction to stop following her.

So... the guy's an obvious nutjob who does this in his OWN neighborhood, on his commute home just about every day, or so it would seem, to anybody that he deems is slowing him down. Yet, when somebody like my stubborn wife chooses to call him out, he responds in kind. He also thinks he's above the law and doesn't have to obey traffic signs.

I'm not quite sure if he has been 'stalking' us since the first incident, and knows that she now drives the car that she was in yesterday (even though we both park in our garage)... or if it was just happenstance and he shoots the bird to any and every unassuming driver he wants.

Either way, I need to do something about it. We don't have kids yet, but are trying, and if my *future* kids were in the car with her I'd be even more pissed and willing to rip the guy's head off.

On my way home I drove through the neighborhood, no more than a 30 second detour from my normal route... and found out where he lived by the simple fact that the asshole parks his car in the driveway... So I've been doing my best PI impression and now have *what I think* is his name, address, and possible phone number (thanks internet... quite scary actually). I don't want him knowing I know this info, and I'm not interested in using it unless I absolutely have to.

Based on my own findings... it got me wondering whether he did the same for my wife and I based on our address after he followed my wife home a year ago (I've since coached my wife on what to do in this kind of situation... NOT go home, drive to the PD).

At any rate... I've lost sleep over it, I'm pissed and worried all at the same time... and my wife doesn't feel safe driving home from work. We live in Texas... where even crazy motherfuckers like this think its their right to wield a firearm, who knows what the guy can/is willing to do to her if it happens again.

So. All that said. As a husband, homeowner, and future father; what are my legal options in acting against this bastard? I'm concerned that a police report is not going to do a damn thing, but we're going together at lunch today to file one anyway, in person.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #170
JimBeam41

Quote:
I'm concerned that a police report is not going to do a damn thing, but we're going together at lunch today to file one anyway, in person.
You're doing exactly what you should be doing, get this situation down in writing by the police.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #171
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
You're doing exactly what you should be doing, get this situation down in writing by the police.
Exactly, good advice. Get it on the record and in writing just in case something does happen in the future. I mean, if worse came to worse, you could file a restraining order.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #172
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Definitely go to the police, but probably an obvious answer is talk your wife out of returning those kind of confrontations. There's really no good that can come out of woman trying to stand up for herself in those kinds of situations. Bad things can happen.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #173
RageATL
The Dude abides

Does she carry any protection? If not, at the very least I'd get her some mace.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #174
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Fucking Texas, man.

Tell her to NEVER respond like she did. People get fucking MURDERED over this shit. A kid I went to high school with got shot to death in Texas by a cab driver for no fucking reason. Crazy people are crazy. Move along. It's never worth it.

Note, the second version of events in this first article is the truth. They were having a conversation in the back of the cab & the guy just lost it for no reason. Make your wife read the second article about Kevin's 29 year old boss.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #175
Jayes

Makes me shiver to think of my girlfriend in that situation; she wouldve done the same stupid thing and not known to have em tail you to the police department. I'm constantly fearing she'll end up in situations like this because she operates assuming the world is basically good.

A few months ago she agreed to have some group of dudes pick up some shit from her house that they bought on craigslist. He was home alone and upon learning this I bolted home. They asked if she could break a hundred and when she said no they said they'd be back. How she didnt see red flags everywhere is beyond me, but I wa home when three of em came back. Easily couldve been casing the place and coming back for sinister things. Thank god I got there.

Women boggle the mind
Old 09-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #176
drummerkrf

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly, good advice. Get it on the record and in writing just in case something does happen in the future. I mean, if worse came to worse, you could file a restraining order.
Back now. Local PD will be patrolling the area and locating the man's residence (didn't tell them I already have that info). The officer we talked to said he was going to scope this out himself while off-duty later today in an unmarked/personal vehicle, see if he witnesses/receives the same treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
Definitely go to the police, but probably an obvious answer is talk your wife out of returning those kind of confrontations. There's really no good that can come out of woman trying to stand up for herself in those kinds of situations. Bad things can happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fucking Texas, man.

Tell her to NEVER respond like she did. People get fucking MURDERED over this shit...
Absolutely. We had a long talk about this last night. I was irate, for obvious reasons, but also because of her reactions. She's blames it on her being a Leo.

These kind of stories happen everywhere I guess... sorry to hear about your friend. I'll pass that note along.

Of course... all of that, losing sleep over it, yadda yadda... and I wake up this morning to breaking news that a woman had been shot dead overnight in her Flower Mound home with three kids in the house. A city that had just recently been voted Top 3 in some publication as the country's most desirable places to live.

We are the worst species on the planet.

Quote:
Does she carry any protection? If not, at the very least I'd get her some mace.
Mace. I don't even own a handgun, which I tend to rethink in situations like these.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #177
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I'm a Leo so I kind of get what she is talking about

Yea, Kevin's boss was 29, married, had just become a millionaire after his company's IPO & was expecting his first child. All gone with three gunshots in the back because the cabbie was a fucking lunatic gun nut just looking for any excuse.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #178
Jayes

People are fucking idiots. And fuck their retarded parents, too
Old 09-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #179
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Makes me shiver to think of my girlfriend in that situation; she wouldve done the same stupid thing and not known to have em tail you to the police department. I'm constantly fearing she'll end up in situations like this because she operates assuming the world is basically good.

A few months ago she agreed to have some group of dudes pick up some shit from her house that they bought on craigslist. He was home alone and upon learning this I bolted home. They asked if she could break a hundred and when she said no they said they'd be back. How she didnt see red flags everywhere is beyond me, but I wa home when three of em came back. Easily couldve been casing the place and coming back for sinister things. Thank god I got there.

Women boggle the mind
WOW, that's just scary bro. I too worry about my girl because she doesn't notice any details about her present surroundings. I'm not saying she's always clueless or totally aloof, but she's never constantly watching out like I always am. When I'm with her, I point things out so she starts getting in the habit of doing so whenever I'm not around (which is not very often). She's FAR too trusting sometimes and that concerns me. Hence me buying her a canister of mace for her handbag (pink of course).

Quote:
Back now. Local PD will be patrolling the area and locating the man's residence (didn't tell them I already have that info). The officer we talked to said he was going to scope this out himself while off-duty later today in an unmarked/personal vehicle, see if he witnesses/receives the same treatment.

Absolutely. We had a long talk about this last night. I was irate, for obvious reasons, but also because of her reactions. She's blames it on her being a Leo.

These kind of stories happen everywhere I guess.

Of course... all of that, losing sleep over it, yadda yadda... and I wake up this morning to breaking news that a woman had been shot dead overnight in her Flower Mound home with three kids in the house. A city that had just recently been voted Top 3 in some publication as the country's most desirable places to live.

We are the worst species on the planet.

Mace. I don't even own a handgun, which I tend to rethink in situations like these.
Well it's good to hear your local police department responded the way they did and took what you told them seriously, some wouldn't. I'm not sure if you'd ever find out, but I'll be willing to bet he slips up again soon, does it to someone else and gets arrested. At least I hope he does. I mean sh!t, the reports about the ex-Titams kicker Rob Bironas behavior right before the crash that killed him is chilling as well. They released the 911 call the woman made to the police and she said he was behaving like a mad man. And that's an NFL player with gobs of money and a pretty cush life. You just never know what's gonna make someone snap.

The world is a wonderful place, but it is also very dangerous if you aren't prepared in some way shape or form be it with knowledge, street smarts, protection (gun, mace, self-defense) or all of the above. I own a gun, but always have it at the house and to be honest, haven't fired it in YEARS. Probably need to pull it out, scoop up the lady and head to the gun range so we both know the proper way to handle it. I might even buy her a small revolver just to be sure.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #180
Mitch

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Tell her to NEVER respond like she did. People get fucking MURDERED over this shit. A kid I went to high school with got shot to death in Texas by a cab driver for no fucking reason. Crazy people are crazy. Move along. It's never worth it.
all good advice you've gotten

Glad your local PD will be keeping an eye on it

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc