These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #141
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
I have no ties to either school, but I do find the whole "unbeaten in Miami since '85" thing pretty laughable.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #142
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Well, the very thing that made this program relevant took it out of the game today. Last year it was two INTs that did in Alabama, this year it proved to be the same, but on the other side of the ball.

Good effort by the Ags, but it's not meant to be. Maybe we'll win with a QB that isn't as talented but is just as effective and more of a team player (Kenny Hill).

Can't wait to see what the future holds. GIG'EM Aggies. Good team effort.

Congrats Alabama on the big win.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #143
lostinagroove
Mmm Meatbox
 
lostinagroove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,296
Stupid play calling and stupid Pac-12 officiating.
lostinagroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #144
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Well, the very thing that made this program relevant took it out of the game today. Last year it was two INTs that did in Alabama, this year it proved to be the same, but on the other side of the ball.

Good effort by the Ags, but it's not meant to be. Maybe we'll win with a QB that isn't as talented but is just as effective and more of a team player (Kenny Hill).

Can't wait to see what the future holds. GIG'EM Aggies. Good team effort.

Congrats Alabama on the big win.
Very surprising end to that game, 28 unanswered.. damn! I almost turned it off cause I thought he sealed it up 14-0. Glad I kept watching, he made some great scrambles and such but the kid is a punk, and as you said, not a team player at all. All those scrambles are great, but make your reads you punkass, if you make your reads, then make those plays, thats a team player. Dude just looks to his main receiver and if he isnt open he gives up and runs.

I was pulling for them though, I hate Bama, but yet again, they proved why you cant fuck with whatever it is they've got goin on over there.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #145
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Very surprising end to that game, 28 unanswered.. damn! I almost turned it off cause I thought he sealed it up 14-0. Glad I kept watching, he made some great scrambles and such but the kid is a punk, and as you said, not a team player at all. All those scrambles are great, but make your reads you punkass, if you make your reads, then make those plays, thats a team player. Dude just looks to his main receiver and if he isnt open he gives up and runs.

I was pulling for them though, I hate Bama, but yet again, they proved why you cant fuck with whatever it is they've got goin on over there.
Ok... I don't want to but I have to be a biased fan snob here.

Look, I'm allowed to slam my QB (and even the things I've said about him aren't particularly damning, just agreed upon statements about his less-than-quality character)... but when you berate him like that I have to take issue with it.

Firstly) He threw a pic in the endzone, that drastically turned the game around, BECAUSE he didn't go to his main receiver, so your argument there is shit.

Secondly) If you've watched as many Aggie games as I have in the past year+ (which you haven't), you'd recognize that he is making better reads and focusing on his quarterbacking skills this season. He's not as quick to run. And he's looking at more than one guy. Only difference between him and any other run-of-the-mill 'hybrid' college QB is that he can actually throw the fucking thing.

Thirdly) Yeah, Bama got their vengeance, I agree with you there. But they won't go unbeaten. If anything, Johnny totally exposed the weaker-than-normal Bama secondary, setting a school record for passing yardage and TDs against BAMA... Let's hope ol' Aaron Murray takes advantage of this for scouting purposes. I'd like to see what he does with that kind of film on Bama.

Credit to Bama, they won fair and square and capatilized on every opportunity. I'm certainly not trying to make excuses for the Aggies. I was skeptical about this one from the beginning of the season.

Bottom line.... don't twist what I say about MY guy, and then turn around and make stupid comments like you know what you're talking about when it comes to Aggie football...

I was quick to admit my ignorance about the Dawgs earlier this season, and after watching and admiring your team, I'm not grandstanding them after a week 1 loss to Clemson. The season is young, as you're well aware.

Last edited by drummerkrf; 09-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #146
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Ok... I don't want to but I have to be a biased fan snob here.

Look, I'm allowed to slam my QB (and even the things I've said about him aren't particularly damning, just agreed upon statements about his less-than-quality character)... but when you berate him like that I have to take issue with it.

Firstly) He threw a pic in the endzone, that drastically turned the game around, BECAUSE he didn't go to his main receiver, so your argument there is shit.

Secondly) If you've watched as many Aggie games as I have in the past year+ (which you haven't), you'd recognize that he is making better reads and focusing on his quarterbacking skills this season. He's not as quick to run. And he's looking at more than one guy. Only difference between him and any other run-of-the-mill 'hybrid' college QB is that he can actually throw the fucking thing.

Thirdly) Yeah, Bama got their vengeance, I agree with you there. But they won't go unbeaten. If anything, Johnny totally exposed the weaker-than-normal Bama secondary, setting a school record for passing yardage and TDs against BAMA... Let's hope ol' Aaron Murray takes advantage of this for scouting purposes. I'd like to see what he does with that kind of film on Bama.

Credit to Bama, they won fair and square and capatilized on every opportunity. I'm certainly not trying to make excuses for the Aggies. I was skeptical about this one from the beginning of the season.

Bottom line.... don't twist what I say about MY guy, and then turn around and make stupid comments like you know what you're talking about when it comes to Aggie football...

I was quick to admit my ignorance about the Dawgs earlier this season, and after watching and admiring your team, I'm not grandstanding them after a week 1 loss to Clemson. The season is young, as you're well aware.
You are the most hormonal person to talk to about football. Its called shit talking man.

The pick he threw in the endzone was a SHIT play because he got cocky because he just busted some crazy ass Michael Vick in Madden 05 play on Bamas asses. His fault, not the receiver.

I just said I was rooting for them, I would have much rather had A and M win but they didnt because of Manziel, and nothing else. Sure his crazy ass back yard football plays worked a few times, and it almost brought them back for a win, but it didnt. The kid needs alot of work and unfortunately for him I think hes already screwed himself, people will not forget, and now with this loss the criticism is coming, so you need to get used to it.

You can bash the Dawgs all you want, I can take it, my best friends a Florida fan, you think I dont hear people talking shit about my team all the time? Hell most Georgia "Fans" talk the MOST shit about our team.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #147
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Just what I thought... you have no clue what's going on in College Station. Your head's shoved so far up Uga's ass...

Mack Brown (this is the University of Texas head coach btw) tried to recruit Johnny as a secondary player (that'd be defense).... but that's all history now. He plays QB (that'd be offense) for Texas A&M (with an ampersand btw).

So forgive me if I failed to recognize #2 on the field when our defense was getting slashed over and over and over for the end result of 49 points.

Yeah, he made mistakes, there's no denying. But he certainly did not LOSE the game for us.


And cocky for throwing a goal line fade? He saw one-on-one coverage, the Bama guy made a play on a bad pass that should've been a back shoulder bullet. But I DO like how your thoughts are so unoriginal that you had to steal that line directly from the CBS booth.



I guess Murray is a cocky motherfucker too.





I won't be baited into bashing the Dawgs.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #148
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Just what I thought... you have no clue what's going on in College Station. Your head's shoved so far up Uga's ass...

Mack Brown (this is the University of Texas head coach btw) tried to recruit Johnny as a secondary player (that'd be defense).... but that's all history now. He plays QB (that'd be offense) for Texas A&M (with an ampersand btw).

So forgive me if I failed to recognize #2 on the field when our defense was getting slashed over and over and over for the end result of 49 points.

Yeah, he made mistakes, there's no denying. But he certainly did not LOSE the game for us.


And cocky for throwing a goal line fade? He saw one-on-one coverage, the Bama guy made a play on a bad pass that should've been a back shoulder bullet. But I DO like how your thoughts are so unoriginal that you had to steal that line directly from the CBS booth.



I guess Murray is a cocky motherfucker too.





I won't be baited into bashing the Dawgs.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #149
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
I'm gonna say one thing about the Bama/A&M game...

Johnny's stats are misleading. Evans bailed him out on so many of those deep throws, not to mention that 95-yarder.

Alright, two things...

The 35 unanswered by Bama was glorious. Roll Tide!
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #150
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
I'm gonna say one thing about the Bama/A&M game...

Johnny's stats are misleading. Evans bailed him out on so many of those deep throws, not to mention that 95-yarder.

Alright, two things...

The 35 unanswered by Bama was glorious. Roll Tide!
Thats cause he plays pitch and catch backyard football.

I like the kid for real though, hes just gotta get the teammate part down. I thought he did a decent job in the 1st half of really being there and being a part of team. After that first drive he didnt do any money signs, didnt gloat, he got off the field and sat down. Same thing on the second score. But once he nailed that crazy ass play to Evans, the first one since there was more than one, he changed and his cockiness came roaring out.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #151
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Evans definitely bailed him out on the short pass that went for 95, but to say he bailed him out on the long bombs down the sideline is an egregious statement.

Bama kicked our asses. But its not on Johnny.

He's public enemy #1 in college football, its easier to bash the guy than it is to defend him. But I'll be damned if I don't try to defend his skillset.

If backyard football means he's incredibly evasive and gets lucky a time or two, then ok... its backyard football... the kid has an arm though.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #152
usfice6
Shut up Sven!
 
usfice6's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
But they won't go unbeaten. .
So who do you think beats them at this point? They have a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way into the SEC Championship game, two games vs current ranked teams, LSU/Ole Miss, both at Bryant Denny and only three road games left.

I gotta think the secondary will develop over the course of the season, just look at their "young" offensive line and how they grew from the VA Tech game to the A&M game on Saturday, McCarron really didn't get touched, a huge improvement week over week.
__________________
-Dan
usfice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #153
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Evans definitely bailed him out on the short pass that went for 95, but to say he bailed him out on the long bombs down the sideline is an egregious statement.

Bama kicked our asses. But its not on Johnny.

He's public enemy #1 in college football, its easier to bash the guy than it is to defend him. But I'll be damned if I don't try to defend his skillset.

If backyard football means he's incredibly evasive and gets lucky a time or two, then ok... its backyard football... the kid has an arm though.
There were plenty of great catches by Evans, but there was also more than one that he completely changed he route, came back a few yards on the ball and kept it from being intercepted.

And yes, the way he plays is backyard football, and I'm not saying its bullshit, I'm just calling it what it is. I can recall many times as a kid running away from someone trying to tackle me and throwing the ball with my eyes basically closed and getting some crazy ass touchdown. Its backyard/video game football.

Like you said you are defending his talent which I understand, the kids talented as fuck, but his reputation is whats killing him. And that IS his fault.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #154
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by usfice6 View Post
So who do you think beats them at this point? They have a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way into the SEC Championship game, two games vs current ranked teams, LSU/Ole Miss, both at Bryant Denny and only three road games left.

I gotta think the secondary will develop over the course of the season, just look at their "young" offensive line and how they grew from the VA Tech game to the A&M game on Saturday, McCarron really didn't get touched, a huge improvement week over week.




That's the big question.

I guess the SEC Championship game would be the logical answer, and I'd honestly like it to be Jonas' Dawgs as much as he's pissing me off right now

But that's the thing with college football, as in any sport, you never know who will rise to the occassion and put in a perfect game against these guys. LSU potentially, but who really knows. Granted, Bama (especially under Saban) is the ONLY team that doesn't slip up in the #1 spot like so many others in recent years.

The O-line was much improved, especially after the week off that the schedule allowed. Then again, and I said this about my team even before this game happened (see above previous posts about the Aggie defense), our D is all but non-existent these days.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #155
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
There were plenty of great catches by Evans, but there was also more than one that he completely changed he route, came back a few yards on the ball and kept it from being intercepted.
Like any receiver does with scrambling quarterbacks... even in the NFL... they cut back and go GET the ball...

Quote:
And yes, the way he plays is backyard football, and I'm not saying its bullshit, I'm just calling it what it is. I can recall many times as a kid running away from someone trying to tackle me and throwing the ball with my eyes basically closed and getting some crazy ass touchdown. Its backyard/video game football.
You do realize that running quarterbacks are still evaluating the field as they run right? This is what makes your memories of playing as a kid different than their highlight packages... they can keep scanning the field. He's not making bullshit throws just because he's out of the pocket.

Quote:
Like you said you are defending his talent which I understand, the kids talented as fuck, but his reputation is whats killing him. And that IS his fault.
I'm not arguing his reputation... His reputation is fucked... but still has nothing to do with his talent, which is what I'm arguing.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #156
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by usfice6 View Post
So who do you think beats them at this point? They have a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way into the SEC Championship game, two games vs current ranked teams, LSU/Ole Miss, both at Bryant Denny and only three road games left.

I gotta think the secondary will develop over the course of the season, just look at their "young" offensive line and how they grew from the VA Tech game to the A&M game on Saturday, McCarron really didn't get touched, a huge improvement week over week.
LSU will beat them
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #157
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
LSU will beat them
The college football blow-hard has spoken!
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #158
usfice6
Shut up Sven!
 
usfice6's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
LSU will beat them
Possible but I think it will be extremely tough for them to do so in Tuscaloosa. Bama has the week off prior to that game as well.
__________________
-Dan
usfice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #159
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
The college football blow-hard has spoken!
Dont get your panties in a wad over some football talk dude jesus. Grab ahold of that dick between your legs and tell me the dawgs suck, I dont care.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #160
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by usfice6 View Post
Bama has the week off prior to that game as well.
Really? I hadn't noticed this...

Interesting how the 'stars have aligned' for their schedule this year.

^That's just me being bitter, the Ags somehow have 8 home games this year which also makes no sense.


It sucks that scheduling has so much to do with college football.
I will say that if Louisville ends up being the only undefeated team with a schedule that sees absolutely NO Top 25 teams... there will be an uproar
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08897 seconds with 16 queries