These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #21
FiddySpence
TDCya

even though he's on team Cruz i'm rooting for Chiesa's buddy Sicilia. he seems tough as fuck and well put together too.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #22
TheSniper26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
even though he's on team Cruz i'm rooting for Chiesa's buddy Sicilia. he seems tough as fuck and well put together too.
His KO in the prelims was fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing either him or Chiesa win it. A final with both of them would be great tv.
TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #23
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
His KO in the prelims was fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing either him or Chiesa win it. A final with both of them would be great tv.
it really would
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #24
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

What if this were strictly a 80-90s wrestling thread? Those were the golden years and we then have WWF, WCW, and ECW to discuss.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #25
Jonas
BLUFF

Never gotten in to UFC, not that I dislike it, just never got in to it.

On the other hand, I grew up in the attitude era as well, so I remember back in the day, My dad, my two older brothers and I would watch monday night raw, and nitro, WCW thursday night thunder, and then order both pay per views every month for about 3 years until WCW got bought out. I think it was the best decision/worst decision Vince ever made. He really didnt utilize enough of the characters from WCW. And I understand times got rough, but after goldberg and the rock stopped due to horrible writing, you shoulda got the clue.

I was always one who loved the over the top characters as well, The Rock, Stone Cold, Val Venis, DX all that good stuff. I miss all that. Shane getting thrown off the titan-tron, stephanie being forced to marry HHH, which was hilarious cause they had actually just got married, the undertaker kidnapping stephanie was awesome stuff. Nothing will beat the chemistry between Stone Cold and Vince, It seems like they probably really hate each other lol.
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #26
blrobl

Same here - all over the NWA, AWA, WCW, WWE, and ECW. And I go back to even Wrestlemania 3 and watching on VHS. Hit up a few Raws and Thunders over the years. Four Horsemen = best faction ever. Just saw something about Buff Bagwell getting injured in an accident yesterday.

Now, I can't even begin to think about wrestling. Was wondering why there was never a UFC thread. Been watching pretty steady over the last couple of years. Watched the PPV on Saturday. Overall, it was pretty fucking good except for the main event. I even attended UFC 135 in Denver (Jones v Rampage). Follow a bunch of them on twitter. I'd have to say my favorite current fighters:
Jones, Dos Santos, Johnny Hendricks, Cowboy Cerrone, Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Rory MacDonald, Jon Fitch.
Great fight on TUF last week. A real war. I am pulling for Chiesa as well.
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Jonas
BLUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrobl View Post
Same here - all over the NWA, AWA, WCW, WWE, and ECW. And I go back to even Wrestlemania 3 and watching on VHS. Hit up a few Raws and Thunders over the years. Four Horsemen = best faction ever. Just saw something about Buff Bagwell getting injured in an accident yesterday.

Now, I can't even begin to think about wrestling. Was wondering why there was never a UFC thread. Been watching pretty steady over the last couple of years. Watched the PPV on Saturday. Overall, it was pretty fucking good except for the main event. I even attended UFC 135 in Denver (Jones v Rampage). Follow a bunch of them on twitter. I'd have to say my favorite current fighters:
Jones, Dos Santos, Johnny Hendricks, Cowboy Cerrone, Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Rory MacDonald, Jon Fitch.
Great fight on TUF last week. A real war. I am pulling for Chiesa as well.
Buff Bagwell lives/lived in the back of my dads neighborhood when I was a kid. He was cool as shit, he had a nice ass set up at his house and would always let people come over and wrestle and swim and all sorts of shit. He would always have people over too, met Goldberg, The Cat, All of the Steiners and a few other no names.
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
blrobl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Buff Bagwell lives/lived in the back of my dads neighborhood when I was a kid. He was cool as shit, he had a nice ass set up at his house and would always let people come over and wrestle and swim and all sorts of shit. He would always have people over too, met Goldberg, The Cat, All of the Steiners and a few other no names.
That's badass,
Ernest! I always liked Disco Inferno's moves more.

Former WCW wrestling star Buff Bagwell is in intensive care at an Atlanta-area hospital after flipping his Jeep ... reportedly breaking several bones in his neck.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the accident occurred "late Monday" ... leaving the 42-year-old with broken bones in his neck and face ... and a broken jaw.

Bagwell was transported to a nearby hospital, where was admitted to the intensive care unit in serious condition ... and sedated due to the extent of his injuries.
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #29
Jonas
BLUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrobl View Post
That's badass,
Ernest! I always liked Disco Inferno's moves more.

Former WCW wrestling star Buff Bagwell is in intensive care at an Atlanta-area hospital after flipping his Jeep ... reportedly breaking several bones in his neck.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the accident occurred "late Monday" ... leaving the 42-year-old with broken bones in his neck and face ... and a broken jaw.

Bagwell was transported to a nearby hospital, where was admitted to the intensive care unit in serious condition ... and sedated due to the extent of his injuries.
That sucks, I hate to hear that. I gotta find out if he still lives in the neighborhood and go crash his house, I havent seen him in about 5-6 years, he was always happy, even after losing his job. Vince paid them off pretty well, but did them wrong by not offering up contracts to the bigger named people.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Attending Wrestlemania this year was pretty fun.

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
Josh.0

Sorry, real fighting does not interest me. Make a UFC thread. I only wanna read about scripted wrestling that involves bodybuilders with shaved bodies playfully throwing each other around.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Sorry, real fighting does not interest me. Make a UFC thread. I only wanna read about scripted wrestling that involves bodybuilders with shaved bodies playfully throwing each other around.
if only someone did make a UFC thread...
Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #33
Josh.0

Fuck that I don't watch that shit. Way too masculine for me.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #34
Josh.0

Shit just saw the thread.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
Josh.0

Hit my blind spot.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #36
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
They say that he will probably no be able to wrestle again...which sucks. I hate that the older I get, the wrestlers who I grew up watching end up dying or getting really hurt. It's a very dark business.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #37
.Gary.

I just finished watching the Stone Cold documentary on Netflix. He had quite the relationship with Rock, which didn't surprise me considering they both were tireless workers.

And I don't blame Austin one bit for walking out in 2002 when Vince wanted him to put over Brock on RAW.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #38
JustinC

I went to the worst Wrestlemania ever.

Also was at this

JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
I just finished watching the Stone Cold documentary on Netflix. He had quite the relationship with Rock, which didn't surprise me considering they both were tireless workers.

And I don't blame Austin one bit for walking out in 2002 when Vince wanted him to put over Brock on RAW.
Yea, Austin & Rock were both very very hard workers. It's no reason why they both put WWF back on the map after the Hogan, Hart, and HBK days.

Cena is another guy who works his ass off and earned a lot of respect. I know that he is really hated by a lot of people for his character, but you cannot take away the guy's heart for the business.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
.Gary.

It's amazing to think I lived through an era of wrestlers such as Hogan, Steamboat, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Ultimate Warrior, Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and I'm sure I'm leaving out countless others...just the ones that left an impression on me.

I watch the product these days and it just falls flat. The title belts are all completely meaningless. CM Punk tapped into something briefly last year but it was ruined by Kevin Nash and a stupid angle that was never really resolved and turned CM Punk into just another babyface rather than a smarmy wrestling smark who detested the WWE for what it has become.

The WWE is far more interested in self-promotion(LOOK AT OUR WEB AND TWITTER PRESENCE!) rather than building a viable product that is capable of relying on developed characters and engaging feuds. The lack of any true competition has deadened the creative soul of the WWE. Without a company the likes of WCW breathing down WWE's collective neck every Monday night, why decide to push the limits and make every RAW PPV quality?

Linda McMahon's political ambitions have also propagated this PG era nonsense, although it is definitely possible to have a great product that has a PG rating. I just hate to think that the company is merely stifling itself to allow Linda to achieve a political seat she will never EEEEEEEEVVVVERRRR /Jericho obtain.

On top of all that, you no longer have announcers who have any sort of passion. Lawler is an awful face and Michael Cole is perhaps the worst, and I mean WORST announcer to ever headline any RAW, PPV, or anything in the history of the WWE. If you watch anything from the 80's or 90's you can feel the energy emanating through the announcers and channeled directly to the viewers. Heenan, Monsoon, even Vince, Lawler, and JR(who is without a doubt the best announcer in the history of professional wrestling. The guy brought his A game every night and made you feel the heel heat through your television set.) The WWE has forgotten how great announcers can improve your product and even mask shitty matches from time to time. The announcers don't even announce. It's all bullshit from their mouths.

The talent is bland. The best the WWE could do for Wrestlemania 28 was trot out Taker, HBK, and HHH to save an otherwise lackluster PPV. That should tell you something right there.

Rock and Cena was hyped for a year and it fell flat. What did we have? Rock calling Cena a faggot and Cena constantly saying, NO I'M NOT. This was awful. So much for standing up to bullying, WWE.

Anyway, I guess I tune in these days to see if any young star will do something...interesting. Oh well, the glory days are behind us and we at least have matches like this to revel in thanks to the interwebs. This is the best match, hands down, in the history of Wrestlemania. If it weren't for the swerve at the end, which Austin now regrets, it would never be eclipsed. But, given the state of this company, I highly doubt anything will ever touch this grandeur ever again.

.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc