These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #41
gweeps

George Carlin is my favourite comedian. He was a wordsmith and a philosopher of humour. Mostly self-educated as well.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #42
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
especially if you're telling it
Oh, burn...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #43
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Tosh is ok. But his delivery gets kinda old to me. I do like True Stories I Made Up though.

I wanna see Chappelle live. The two comics I'm so glad to have seen were Carlin and Cosby. Carlin because he's obviously now gone, and Cosby could go at any time. Saw them both twice. I'm psyched for Louis this August though. Haven't seen him in person yet.

There's a comedian from Maine named Bob Marley who's pretty funny. I've been listening to him for a few years now. He's one of those local comedians who do references only locals would get but it's not so obnoxious that it turns you off because he's got a lot of other great bits.

he cracks me up in the boondock saints movies.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #44
FiddySpence
TDCya

i was wondering why he looked so familiar. fuck, those movies are terrible
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #45
morgadt

disagree.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #46
FiddySpence
TDCya

not surprised.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #47
gweeps

The Boondock Saints is a good film. If only for Willem Dafoe. The second one sucked balls.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #48
FiddySpence
TDCya

imo it's trash, and not the fun kind. plus from my experience, it's biggest supporters are generally neanderthals. Overnight (that doc on the director and how big a joke he is) is so good though

but this is probably a discussion for the movie thread
Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #49
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
The Boondock Saints is a good film. If only for Willem Dafoe. The second one sucked balls.
I thought it was entertaining, even had more comedy than the original, which I liked. And I thought the actors of the Saints was improved. It's just a senseless shoot-em-up action film.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #50
FiddySpence
TDCya

i thought people grew out of these movies after freshman year, like Sublime and hookah's.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #51
TwoStepN34

Not sure if younger audiences like him but I find Richard Lewis absolutely hilarious!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #52
morgadt

i love him on Curb. before that, i always associated him with his role in robin hood men in tights.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #53
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStepN34 View Post
Not sure if younger audiences like him but I find Richard Lewis absolutely hilarious!
same here. dude is a legend.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #54
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Mentioned this in the Louis thread but I think Dane Cook is a good comedian. I don't think he's GREAT nor does his comedy merit the level of fame he's gotten. I think a lot of that comes from the same demographic that DMB draws. But he's got some really solid and funny bits that, yes, get old quickly, but still manage to draw up some good laughs when they hit for the first time.

If some of you are unaware, Louis had a problem with Dane for years because he felt Dane stole some of his(Louis') material. Louis had a change in his mindset and viewpoint when he met Carlos Mencia a few years ago and talked to him about the whole Joe Rogan thing and other comics hating his guts for supposedly ripping off other comedians and Louis said after actually sitting next to Carlos on a plane for a few hours, he had a different approach to the whole thing, including his feud with Dane. So this is actually a much more important episode than some people realize. For Louis and Dane that is, as of course the episode with undoubtedly just be odd and awkward moments, which is what makes the show great. But under that surface, it's definitely an interesting episode for the whole real back-story.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #55
morgadt

He makes me laugh. I think his latest stand up special, you can tell his act has matured a lot. He doesn't yell or dance around as much.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 AM   #56
mja271

I like Dane. He's far from the best, but he makes me laugh on a number of occasions and I don't think he's nearly as bad as people want to make him out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #57
brian3641

I agree about Dane. He's no Carlin, he's not a comedian that will be remembered as one of the best, but he makes me laugh. I don't get the hate, either. He is what he is. Not legendary, but not horribly bad.
At the Riverbend gathering Boyd said "Anyone got some fucking cookies?" A minute later someone hands him a box of Oreos. He proceeds to sign it and hands it back. Guy says, "I thought you wanted some cookies?" Boyd says, "Shit man! Cookies are fucking awesome!"
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #58
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Mentioned this in the Louis thread but I think Dane Cook is a good comedian. I don't think he's GREAT nor does his comedy merit the level of fame he's gotten. I think a lot of that comes from the same demographic that DMB draws. But he's got some really solid and funny bits that, yes, get old quickly, but still manage to draw up some good laughs when they hit for the first time.

If some of you are unaware, Louis had a problem with Dane for years because he felt Dane stole some of his(Louis') material. Louis had a change in his mindset and viewpoint when he met Carlos Mencia a few years ago and talked to him about the whole Joe Rogan thing and other comics hating his guts for supposedly ripping off other comedians and Louis said after actually sitting next to Carlos on a plane for a few hours, he had a different approach to the whole thing, including his feud with Dane. So this is actually a much more important episode than some people realize. For Louis and Dane that is, as of course the episode with undoubtedly just be odd and awkward moments, which is what makes the show great. But under that surface, it's definitely an interesting episode for the whole real back-story.

i still hate Dane Cook, but purely because i think his jokes and bits aren't very good and i can't stand his delivery and style.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #59
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3641 View Post
I agree about Dane. He's no Carlin, he's not a comedian that will be remembered as one of the best, but he makes me laugh. I don't get the hate, either. He is what he is. Not legendary, but not horribly bad.
i get the hate the same reason i understand it for DMB. whether by their own design or not, they represent douchebag bro culture.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #60
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
To do comedy well, you've got to accept at some level that you're absolutely as full of shit and worthless as everyone you make fun of. My impression of Dane Cook (seeing him interviewed and watching his show that was on HBO a few years back) is that he still thinks he's the coolest guy in any room he enters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc