These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #3801
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Got my presale tickets this morning for Blues Traveler's 30th Anniversary Tour stop at the great little Paramount in Huntington, less than 10 minutes from my home
I'm thinking about going to see them live as well. They are playing a show in Philly this Friday night. I'm debating between going to this or waiting to see them in NY in 2018.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #3802
gweeps

Can anyone recommend me a starting point for Medeski Martin & Wood?
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #3803
Bluewater34
Is Old

My favorites are Notes from the Underground, Friday Afternoon in the Universe and End of the World Party, but in my opinion the only ones that you should absolutely avoid for a trial run are Shack-Man, Combustication and Let's Go Everywhere.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #3804
blumathu

Quote:
Got my presale tickets this morning for Blues Traveler's 30th Anniversary Tour stop at the great little Paramount in Huntington, less than 10 minutes from my home
I just heard about this. They are coming to my favorite venue, House of Blues in Cleveland. Never seen a show of theirs in person before, I had been planning on going to a show in the late 90s I think, and it was cancelled due to Popper's health.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #3805
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I just heard about this. They are coming to my favorite venue, House of Blues in Cleveland. Never seen a show of theirs in person before, I had been planning on going to a show in the late 90s I think, and it was cancelled due to Popper's health.
Dude, you need to get on it. IIRC, didn't you say the "blu" in your name is for Blues Traveler? You need to see them live! Obviously it ain't the same it was in the early and mid 90's, but still good.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #3806
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Yea, the wife and I are really considering going to tomorrow's show in Philly.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #3807
Bluewater34
Is Old

Wilco are rereleasing A.M. and Being There on Dec. 1. They'll both have bonus material, with A. M. Notably having an unreleased Uncle Tupelo track on it. The Being There reissue is going to be five discs, which is very exciting. It's the album plus a disc of outtakes and two discs of live material.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 10-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #3808
blumathu

Quote:
Dude, you need to get on it. IIRC, didn't you say the "blu" in your name is for Blues Traveler? You need to see them live! Obviously it ain't the same it was in the early and mid 90's, but still good.
Just bought a ticket! Yes the "blu" in my user name is for them, I can't explain why I've never seen them, it's just never worked out. But that will change on January 30th!
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #3809
Dartagnan
Standing Has Become a Chore...

Quote:
I was so bummed I couldn't catch Popper doing his solo thing here last week.

Are they doing anything cool to commemorate 30 years? It seems like the last few tours they've just been beating the same songs further into the ground. And that last album...woof. I think the closest they'll be is Indy and it's gotta be worth the trip.

I did hear a new album is due in February.
Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #3810
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Have you been following this Popper "doxxing" story at all? I only know about it because I'm somewhat friends with the girlfriend of the guy he doxxed.

Disclosure: I had no idea what doxxing was until a few weeks ago, it's apparently posting other peoples private info (address, phone number, etc.) on the internet. [Only registered users can see links.]

I was curious how the Popper/BT fanbase thought about it. Bizarre.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #3811
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
Just bought a ticket! Yes the "blu" in my user name is for them, I can't explain why I've never seen them, it's just never worked out. But that will change on January 30th!
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan View Post
Are they doing anything cool to commemorate 30 years? It seems like the last few tours they've just been beating the same songs further into the ground. And that last album...woof. I think the closest they'll be is Indy and it's gotta be worth the trip.

I did hear a new album is due in February.
I'm not sure if they're doing anything special. I've seen them a lot over the years, including just this past July, and they do a decent job of mixing up the sets. But there are some things they've been beating into the ground, like that Sublime song "What I Got." Hopefully they let that one go for a bit. Yeah, that Blow Up the Moon sucked, but it was a collaboration project, so I give them a pass for trying something different. Suzie Cracks the Whip, before that, was their best album since Truth Be Told. Looking forward to the new one. He mentioned it in July, didn't realize it was a February release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Have you been following this Popper "doxxing" story at all? I only know about it because I'm somewhat friends with the girlfriend of the guy he doxxed.

Disclosure: I had no idea what doxxing was until a few weeks ago, it's apparently posting other peoples private info (address, phone number, etc.) on the internet. [Only registered users can see links.]

I was curious how the Popper/BT fanbase thought about it. Bizarre.
Yeah, I heard about that over the summer. He's a fucking nut. During that last show I saw in July, at a small theater, he would walk off to side stage whenever the band soloed or jammed. My wife and I were thinking he was probably fighting his twitter wars during the show, haha.

I think I told this story here a long time ago, my buddies and I smoked a doob with Popper and Bobby Sheehan outside the Wetlands during a set-break of a show in '90. They were a lot more interested in our girlfriends (mine now my wife) than us, though.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #3812
Mitch

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit are [Only registered users can see links.] on YouTube, Facebook, etc
Old 10-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #3813
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:

Yeah, I heard about that over the summer. He's a fucking nut. During that last show I saw in July, at a small theater, he would walk off to side stage whenever the band soloed or jammed. My wife and I were thinking he was probably fighting his twitter wars during the show, haha.

I think I told this story here a long time ago, my buddies and I smoked a doob with Popper and Bobby Sheehan outside the Wetlands during a set-break of a show in '90. They were a lot more interested in our girlfriends (mine now my wife) than us, though.
I believe it. He seems like a nutcase. I haven't seen Blues Traveler since about 2005, but they're a staple at red rocks. Might need to change that soon.

Quote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit are [Only registered users can see links.] on YouTube, Facebook, etc
really looking forward to it John Prine has been guesting, lots of Petty covers, too. What a special run for them.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #3814
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

The Avett Brothers have 3 straight shows at the Louisville Palace in January. There are so many shows I want to go to in the next few months, and so little money
Old 10-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #3815
Wildcats82

so Katy Perry is playing here on Monday. There are tickets on stubhub for $10.

Meanwhile the cheapest tickets to Guns N Roses a month later are still above face.

WTF

BTW this is a popularity WTF, not a quality WTF
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #3816
Wildcats82

and not relevant at all but just makes me x a billion

There are Louisville / Syracuse tickets for $6
Old 10-14-2017, 08:08 PM   #3817
gweeps

One more week!
Old 10-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #3818
Garntd

I saw these guys the other day at a tiny venue here in New Orleans. Insanely good. They're like the second coming of Led Zeppelin

Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:15 PM   #3819
Bluewater34
Is Old

Definitely going to need to check out some more of that.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #3820
gweeps

Wow.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc