These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #41
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I've been listening to podcasts more than ever over the past couple months. Here's the ones I enjoy, and I'm curious for any recommendations anyone else has, be it music, politics, sports, self-help, whatever.

My favorites right now-
1. Bulletproof Radio- hosted by Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletpoof Diet and Bulletproof Coffee. He's big into "bio-hacking" and has a lot of interesting guests talking about ways to improve your health, brain, performance, etc. (as an aside, I've been following to some extent the bulletproof diet for the past few weeks and have been losing weight and feeling fantastic).
2. 10% Happier- hosted by Dan Harris, ABC News Anchor who infamously had a panic attack on live TV, which ultimately led him to discover meditation. He talks to people who meditate, about meditation and other related topics (guests range from the Dalai Lama himself to celebrities). Meditation has been an important part of my life for the last couple of years, so I love this one.
3. Pardon My Take- a lot lighter than the first 2, a Barstool Sports podcast that my 19 year old son turned me on to.
4. Starting 9- a new Barstool Sports one, focused on baseball. If you want to hear them talk baseball, and also things such as ass-eating with Christian Yelich, while Dallas Braden occasionally pauses to rip a bong hit, you may like this one.

Some others I occasionally check out-
Fantasy football pods- either the ESPN Matthew Berry one or Pro Footballl Focus Fantasy with Jeff Radcliffe.
Brokedown Podcast- a monthly Dead podcast I recently checked out.
Helping Friendly Podcast- Phish. Have checked out on occasion.

The main reason I wrote this was b/c I was thinking before there must be a good rock music podcast that had a Tom Petty episode this past week, but I'm not aware of any.

If you got any podcasts you love, let us know.
Dave Aspry is great.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #42
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Dave Aspry is great.
agreed
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #43
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

I listen to a number of podcasts:

-SeaChange Radio: stuff about the earth and really cool ways to help save it

-The Art of Manliness: wide-ranging topics that make a great sidekick to everyday life as a dude

-Spittin' Chiclets: all things hockey and humor

-Wrong Side of the Red Line: Dallas Stars podcast
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #44
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
the Dalai Lama himself

Bill Murray must be a fan...
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #45
mja271

Quote:
I've been listening to podcasts more than ever over the past couple months. Here's the ones I enjoy, and I'm curious for any recommendations anyone else has, be it music, politics, sports, self-help, whatever.

My favorites right now-
1. Bulletproof Radio- hosted by Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletpoof Diet and Bulletproof Coffee. He's big into "bio-hacking" and has a lot of interesting guests talking about ways to improve your health, brain, performance, etc. (as an aside, I've been following to some extent the bulletproof diet for the past few weeks and have been losing weight and feeling fantastic).
2. 10% Happier- hosted by Dan Harris, ABC News Anchor who infamously had a panic attack on live TV, which ultimately led him to discover meditation. He talks to people who meditate, about meditation and other related topics (guests range from the Dalai Lama himself to celebrities). Meditation has been an important part of my life for the last couple of years, so I love this one.
3. Pardon My Take- a lot lighter than the first 2, a Barstool Sports podcast that my 19 year old son turned me on to.
4. Starting 9- a new Barstool Sports one, focused on baseball. If you want to hear them talk baseball, and also things such as ass-eating with Christian Yelich, while Dallas Braden occasionally pauses to rip a bong hit, you may like this one.

Some others I occasionally check out-
Fantasy football pods- either the ESPN Matthew Berry one or Pro Footballl Focus Fantasy with Jeff Radcliffe.
Brokedown Podcast- a monthly Dead podcast I recently checked out.
Helping Friendly Podcast- Phish. Have checked out on occasion.

The main reason I wrote this was b/c I was thinking before there must be a good rock music podcast that had a Tom Petty episode this past week, but I'm not aware of any.

If you got any podcasts you love, let us know.
Not big into Barstool in general but love these two, especially PMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #46
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Bill Murray must be a fan...
thatís pretty much what I think of whenever I hear of the Dalai Lama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Not big into Barstool in general but love these two, especially PMT
Yeah. Like I said, my son turned me on to Barstool (I follow on FB now) and their podcasts. Most of it is defintely aimed towards his generation, not mine, but PMT and Starting 9 are solid.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #47
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Isn't PMT going to ESPN 2?
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc